PDA

View Full Version : Look what some prick on SongMeanings.net said about The Offspring...

Telekinesis
07-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I found this on SongMeanings.net on the page about Cool To Hate

by wrinkledPhole on 05-04-2004 @ 12:16:03 AM
Dexter believes in fighting for what you believe and making a difference? How is selling out and making shitting albums for the mainstream making a difference? Dexter, Noodles, Greg K and uh, i forget his name so I'm just going to call him Sparky, are a bunch of coporate brown nosers who cherish their money more than their fans.

Um first of all jerk he's name is Ron Welty and second um why the fuck would they put a free Co1 download on their website if they only cared about money? fuck that guy pissed me off, what do you reckon?

SkunkIt
07-14-2005, 12:31 AM
He doesn't piss me off, he's just a moron.

bd007h
07-14-2005, 12:34 AM
yeah. bands that are willing to put a whole album of theirs for free download on their official website are the type that are greedy for money and fame :rolleyes:

can you give me a link to where this guy said this? I've got an account on there, and I'd like to give him a piece of my mind :mad:

Marit
07-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Um first of all jerk he's name is Ron Welty and second um why the fuck would they put a free Co1 download on their website if they only cared about money? fuck that guy pissed me off, what do you reckon?

Why would they do that? How about about.... PR stunt?

leibstandarte109
07-14-2005, 12:39 AM
The Offspring does not really have much of a way of promoting itself so that every individual on the face of the planet knows what they look like, unlike some bands...

Telekinesis
07-14-2005, 12:42 AM
yeah. bands that are willing to put a whole album of theirs for free download on their official website are the type that are greedy for money and fame :rolleyes:

can you give me a link to where this guy said this? I've got an account on there, and I'd like to give him a piece of my mind :mad:

here ya go mate http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=62013 yell at him for me to will ya ;) it's somewhere on that page, it was ages ago when he wrote that though

barangatang
07-14-2005, 12:54 AM

exactly i friggin h8 it when stupid brownnoser bands do that it just pisses me off! :rolleyes:

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 01:57 AM
here ya go mate http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=62013 yell at him for me to will ya ;) it's somewhere on that page, it was ages ago when he wrote that though
Yeah, about an year! The asshole probably said he didn't know the name of the drummer because he was joking about the fact that Ron Welty has left the band, and The Offspring soon would end... because, at that time, Atom was the new drummer, Ron left in 2003...

Telekinesis
07-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Yeah, about an year! The asshole probably said he didn't know the name of the drummer because he was joking about the fact that Ron Welty has left the band, and The Offspring soon would end... because, at that time, Atom was the new drummer, Ron left in 2003...

Yeah but Ron was the drummer when that song was recorded, see my point? though maybe your right, well anyway he's a jerk

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 02:19 AM
Yeah but Ron was the drummer when that song was recorded, see my point? though maybe your right, well anyway he's a jerk
You're right!!! I haven't seen the first line of your post, when you referred to cool to hate, sorry! Of course he's a jerk. We agree at this point:D

Telekinesis
07-14-2005, 02:46 AM
You're right!!! I haven't seen the first line of your post, when you referred to cool to hate, sorry! Of course he's a jerk. We agree at this point:D

He he, your pretty cool when were not arguing. Yeah he's a jerk alright! :D

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 02:52 AM
He he, your pretty cool when were not arguing. Yeah he's a jerk alright! :D
Thanks ahah you 2 eheh

Anyway we never get angry, this is just for fun, never take things personally :)

Telekinesis
07-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Thanks ahah you 2 eheh

Anyway we never get angry, this is just for fun, never take things personally :)

Yeah when I said you were sexist it's coz there are other kinds of bathers so when I was talking about English not being your first language I ment maybe you though bikini was the word for bathers or swimmers or whatever but it's not! just telling ya!

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Yeah when I said you were sexist it's coz there are other kinds of bathers so when I was talking about English not being your first language I ment maybe you though bikini was the word for bathers or swimmers or whatever but it's not! just telling ya!
Oh, I thought it was because you thought (sorry about redundance) I used "it" referring to a human being... I know the difference between bathers and bikinis, even though english is not my first language:) But it was a cool arguing wasn't it? ehehe

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Plenty of time for hugging and kissing else where....anyway yeah that person probably knows very little about the offspring

Kerr
07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
I ain't taking the guy seriously as he just doesn't like them. But yeah, he's a fuckmonkey.

Noodles is gay
07-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Hehehehehhe...

Well that was constructive.

Jack the Tripper
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I found it to be quite funny. It's unbelievable how stupid some people can be.

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Hope you ain't talking about me guys

smileemptysoul44
07-14-2005, 02:47 PM
its not ron wheatley its atom willard

SeanAshmore
07-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Ron left in 2003...

2003?you sure? im probably wrong but was it not 2004? it dosnt seem like that long ago. Though again i am probably wrong. Anyone clarify this?

Manic subsidal
07-14-2005, 07:33 PM
2003?you sure? im probably wrong but was it not 2004? it dosnt seem like that long ago. Though again i am probably wrong. Anyone clarify this?

Splinter was released near the end of 2003. Ron didn't play drums on Splinter so obviously he left before splinter was out (which was in 2003).

coke_a_holic
07-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't care, because I'm not a fanboy for Offspring. But, I must say this: I'd like to see him get this far in a band. He's probably just bitter that he'll never make it in life, and his parents gave up on him.

Venom Symbiote
07-14-2005, 11:43 PM
The guy has a point: stop being blind fanboys.