PDA

View Full Version : Smash vs. Dookie

punk_riOt
07-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Now, i KNOW this is gonna be very biast, and i know there's probably some other thread like this but i couldn't find it by searching, and if people are gonna get annoyed about another green day offspring thread...FUCK OFF! :p i seriously wanna know what people think, just ignore it if you have a problem.

but yeah, of course smash

bd007h
07-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Smash, but be prepared to be verbally bashed by others just for the topic of this thread.

punk_riOt
07-14-2005, 12:18 AM
fuck it, they can say all they want i seriously wanna know wat people think, they got a problem with it i don't care.

neocon58
07-14-2005, 12:22 AM
both great albums, but i like offspring more.

Revolver-2005?
07-14-2005, 12:26 AM
smash hands down...greenday cant beat the offspring...even greendays name sucks...

neocon58
07-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah people, don't vote unless youve heard both alums in full, either.

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 12:49 AM
I love both albums! I love both bands!! I have the full discography of Offspring and Green Day... but I prefer Smash to Dookie, and Offspring to Green Day, undoubtfully...

SkyRocker
07-14-2005, 12:51 AM
I've heard both and they are matchless, smash outclass dookie by far, so great songs on it

Dexter_Noodles_Greg K_Ron
07-14-2005, 01:11 AM
dookie is an amazing album which i used to listen to every minute of the day :D

but smash is equally brilliant and i listen to that more.

i would say smash is better but i love dookie :p

Dookie rocks
Smash rocks

SMash is slightly better :rolleyes:

finnkidd
07-14-2005, 01:51 AM
:cool: Smash better than Dookie?i don't think so!this is because,Dookie gave a new era to rock arena especially punk music.But,Smash brings back the glory of punk rock and remains one's of the best album...Officially,smash and dookie is the best punk rock album in USA :rolleyes:

Venom Symbiote
07-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Dookie.

The Offspring's the better band, but come on: Green Day's best album V.S. The Offspring's 3rd worst? No contest.

Dookie, you biased bitches.

Mota___Boy
07-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Green Day's best album V.S. The Offspring's 3rd worst? No contest.

Dookie, you biased bitches.

Not a hope my friend. Dookie reeks of 'love us' imo and smash is one of Offsprings best by some way dude!

Kerr
07-14-2005, 05:54 AM
both great albums, but i like offspring more.
Same 'ere.

killer_queen
07-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Smash, and I'm not saying this because of being an Offspring fan. They both are great albums but Smash has so much different things.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Smash rules...anyways 95% who are the Offspring boards are going to say Smash anyway, Dookie was ok although i'd never own the album

stathis21
07-14-2005, 05:59 AM
smash

Jackish
07-14-2005, 06:07 AM
http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/images%5Clarge%5CTJ0613.jpg

:rolleyes:

ygokazuki
07-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Don't you suppose that the results are gonna be somewhat one-sided an account of you posting this on th OFFICIAL OFFSPRING FORUM?

platinumpt
07-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Don't you suppose that the results are gonna be somewhat one-sided an account of you posting this on th OFFICIAL OFFSPRING FORUM?
AHAHA!Yeah you're right, I suppose :)

Dead Cheerleader
07-14-2005, 06:38 AM
Well I used to think that Dookie was cool, but never bought it. I have bought Smash like 3 times and own 4 copies, none of which I bought. You do the math. Cds get broken and borrowed a lot where I come from.

0r4ng3
07-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Both albums have the same problems. Great single songs, but the non-singles are just okay. I really like Gotta Get Away, Come out and Play, Self Esteem, Welcome to Paradise, Longview, When I Come Around, and Basket Case, but not much else from either album. I'm going to say Smash, because Dookie is overrated.

Camilamazed
07-14-2005, 08:41 AM
For Fuck's sake Punk Riot.If your lacking of imagination, please, Do not start threads comparing them to Green Day.This is god damn overrated and it's certain everyone is going to choose Smash.

Everyone knows that they're both great albums(Yes, I'm sure about it but people will kis Offpring's ass because this is their forum).

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-14-2005, 09:39 AM
So which one do I prefer? They are both amazing albums, brilliant....But I have to go with smash as dookie is just a little bit repetative.

DarrellOCguy
07-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Smash was my first and favorite album. All my Green Day cd's collect Dust, and every now and then (like once every 2 months) i wipe off the dust and listen to them. Except INSOMNIAC...I love that one, it still gets played out.

Bad Habit is my fav song off of Smash. Its the first song i heared by them and fell in love w/ it.

After That i collected every cd and lots of other shit from them over the years. I love buying their music on vinyl, its great. I still use a turntable as much as a cd player.

ArranAJFJ
07-14-2005, 11:12 AM
These threads are always pretty biased, and there has been a lot, but sometimes they can still be interesting. Take Jackish's post, got to love that.

I've got to say I'm a much bigger Offspring fan than Green Day, so it might be biased, but still, I own and have listened to both of these albums. Dookie I've probably played about 4 times all the way through, and I occasionally listen to parts of it. It just doesn't seem to be one of those ones I can play again and again. Smash though, I don't think I ever go 2 weeks without listening to it. They are both classics, but in my opinion Smash all the way.

Manic subsidal
07-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Smash teh dookie

CommKeen45
07-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Smash pwns Dookie :D

smileemptysoul44
07-14-2005, 01:48 PM
smash u idiot y would u ask that on a offspring site. every offspring cd is better than dookie accept co1. Green Day are a bunch of whinny bitchies.

nameless
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
id say smash is slightly better! when i used to listen to them all the time i founf i skipped tracks on dookie whereas i could listen to smash all the way through! they are two of my favourtite albums though!

undesiredhope17
07-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I like them both, but I like smash a tad bit more. How can anyone not like the song Bad Habit ;)

Conspiracy of One
07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Now, i KNOW this is gonna be very biast, and i know there's probably some other thread like this but i couldn't find it by searching, and if people are gonna get annoyed about another green day offspring thread...FUCK OFF! :p i seriously wanna know what people think, just ignore it if you have a problem.

Greenday is okay used to listen to it alot but not much anymore. Offspring is wayy batter. comparing these 2 bands is like comparing a Dodge Viper to a 1991 Beetle. Of Course The Viper being OFFSPRING!

billiejoe87
07-30-2005, 03:08 AM
It's wasn't the smartest idea to ask people which album was better on an Offspring forum, but then again, if you hadn't someone else would have eventually. Green day is better than The Offspring, just the same as Dookie is better than Smash. Green day opened up the mainstream to accept punk pop, and now a thousand bands have copied.

I still love Offspring though. In my opinion, Green day, Offspring, Blink 182 and Sum 41 are the only true punk pop bands to make it into the mainstream.

Rexisfed
07-30-2005, 10:58 AM

Dookie, but Smash is really great too. I've listened to both of them at least like 15 times each.

And billiejo87, what about Rancid?

kickass0987654321
07-30-2005, 11:01 AM
smash, no doubt about it.

HisHolinessSatan
07-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Smash obviously, Green Day just isnt quite at the Offspring's level, and they aren't exactly helping themselves with shit like American Idiot. Don't hold ur breath.

hostage
07-30-2005, 05:11 PM
you guys do realize that your speaking in THE OFFSPRING'S forum why would anyone here think dookie is better than smash,we all know that smash is their best album........

Conspiracy of One
07-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Smash bitch............. :cool:

Pilau
07-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah people, don't vote unless youve heard both alums in full, either.

How the hell could you have not heard these albums in full? One is a peice of crap played everywhere and one is a fucking gem of a classic.

Obviously Offspring is the latter!

And you should have put a poll up. That would have been a much better way of measuring.

coke_a_holic
07-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Smash obviously, Green Day just isnt quite at the Offspring's level, and they aren't exactly helping themselves with shit like American Idiot. Don't hold ur breath.
No, don't listen to him. Hold your breath until there's none left.

Homer
07-30-2005, 07:09 PM
I say the Process of Belief is better

HisHolinessSatan
07-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Yes, we mean you, dumbass Dookie boy. Even though im new to this forum, I've been told there is a search function which facillitates the process of making sure your not spewing out identical disgusting half witted sewage. This is an OFFSPRING forum. Green Day has plans for a forum, but they're about as realistic as the NSP (Nigerian Space Program), which consists of a large bucket and one man's dreams.

coke_a_holic
07-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Yes, we mean you, dumbass Dookie boy. Even though im new to this forum, I've been told there is a search function which facillitates the process of making sure your not spewing out identical disgusting half witted sewage. This is an OFFSPRING forum. Green Day has plans for a forum, but they're about as realistic as the NSP (Nigerian Space Program), which consists of a large bucket and one man's dreams.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

0r4ng3
07-30-2005, 07:35 PM
I say the Process of Belief is better
The Bad Religion equivalent of Smash and Dookie would be Stranger than Fiction, which is better than the others.

Jakebert
07-30-2005, 07:51 PM
My vote is for Smash. I love Green Day, but Dookie is one of their weaker albums. Smash, on the other band, only has one bad song on it, and it's a cover. (Not dissing the original version, I just don't like the Offspring's version)

HeadAroundU
07-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Smookie or Doomash ?

Homer
07-30-2005, 08:03 PM
The Bad Religion equivalent of Smash and Dookie would be Stranger than Fiction, which is better than the others.

yeah but The Process of Belief is better

coke_a_holic
07-30-2005, 08:07 PM
The only Bad Religion cd I have is Stranger than Fiction. It's okay, nothing too special. Although, I've been listening to Bad Religion without realizing it since Crazy Taxi. I knew Offspring was on it, because I had known them from before.

0r4ng3
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
The only Bad Religion cd I have is Stranger than Fiction. It's okay, nothing too special. Although, I've been listening to Bad Religion without realizing it since Crazy Taxi. I knew Offspring was on it, because I had known them from before.
Same here. I had Crazy Taxi since it came out, but then I bought (ok, downloaded) The Gray Race, and I was all "oh crap!". I also didn't know they had a song in THPS2.

Homer
07-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Same here. I had Crazy Taxi since it came out, but then I bought (ok, downloaded) The Gray Race, and I was all "oh crap!". I also didn't know they had a song in THPS2.

ok, I've heard that they had a song in THPS2, but I've never heard it. Did you hear it on the PSX version? Because I've only played the N64 version... so yeah.

Autonomist
07-31-2005, 04:13 AM
If this was a poll I wouldn't vote, because I think having been an Offspring fan for life and having only enjoyed about half of the Green Day shit I've ever heard, I would admit to being biased of my favourite band.

However, I still also believe that upon picking up both albums for the first time I would always choose Smash regardless, becuase Dookie doesn't have the same hook as it did when I first listened to it.

That's as best as I can answer this question.

mama
07-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Im gonna have to say Smash, but I DO enjoy Greenday too, but I cant mosh to Greenday.....

bouncingcoles
07-31-2005, 10:16 AM
both bands are good except greendays new stuff. but id have to say smash. although dookie is also a classic. i can listen to both those albums the whole way through with out skipping 1 song.

OFFSPR1NGDUDE3
07-31-2005, 10:44 AM
smash by far
green day suck compared to offspring, and theyre overrated too

offspring kid
07-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Smash Offcourse.............GREENDAY SUCKS

HisHolinessSatan
07-31-2005, 11:39 AM
This is just a doomed thread... weve established that Dookie is good, that Smash is much, much better, and that everyone prefers Smash which is no surprise, seeing as how this is an Offspring forum...

crazy_offspring_gal
07-31-2005, 12:09 PM
This is just a doomed thread... weve established that Dookie is good, that Smash is much, much better, and that everyone prefers Smash which is no surprise, seeing as how this is an Offspring forum...

^ Agreed :rolleyes: :D

Turbonegro
07-31-2005, 12:14 PM
No Control > Stranger Than Fiction.

You guys seriously should check out BR's old stuff, it's so much better than their new stuff.

Homer
07-31-2005, 12:22 PM

You guys seriously should check out BR's old stuff, it's so much better than their new stuff.

I have checked out their old stuff. But I still think that it goes like this:

The Process of Belief > The Empire Strikes First > No Control > How can Hell Be Any Worse?

and thats my top four. I think I like the newer ones better because of their new drummer (who is MUUUUUUUCH better than any punk-rock drummer I know)...

0r4ng3
07-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Generator > No Control

Their older stuff might be better, but Process of Belief and Empire Strikes First are better than their albums on Atlantic Records (Recipe for Hate -> New America)

original_prankster
07-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Smash...like most people here are gonna say.