PDA

View Full Version : How come

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
07-14-2005, 07:32 AM
How come Green Day has a song called "The kids are alright", And The Offspring have a song "The kids aren't alright".

Who did which first?

wishomie
07-14-2005, 07:38 AM
I havn't heard the green day song yet. What is it about.

Marit
07-14-2005, 07:44 AM
I belive that Green Day's The kids are alright, is a cover (The Who).

Camilamazed
07-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm like Wishomie. Never heard of that song before.

Tired_Of_You
07-14-2005, 08:49 AM
The Who made a song called The Kids Are Alright. The Offspring way after that made a song called The Kids Aren't Alright (and yeah, it was a little because of that song made by the Who). I've never heard that Green Day song, but maybe it's only a cover.

Lithuanian Offspring
07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Nimrod In Town']How come Green Day has a song called "The kids are alright", And The Offspring have a song "The kids aren't alright".

Who did which first?
Kids Are Alright is the first song by The Who. Offspring did a spoof of that song called Kids Aren't Alright. And then Green Day covered the Who song.

Tired_Of_You
07-14-2005, 09:23 AM
That's what I said. In other words.

gortesque
07-14-2005, 01:00 PM
the kids aren't alright was written somewhere around 1997/1998 cuz it was on americana which came out in 1998. green day' the kids are alright is a new song, i saw a video where they are playing the song and it came out a couple of months ago.

jacK
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Kids Are Alright is the first song by The Who. Offspring did a spoof of that song called Kids Aren't Alright. And then Green Day covered the Who song.
TKAA isn't a 'spoof'. It's an original song written by Dex, and has a pretty deep meaning... Maybe he got the idea for the title from The Who, but that doesn't make it a spoof or parodical in any way.

Hyper nova
07-14-2005, 07:10 PM
TKAA isn't a 'spoof'. It's an original song written by Dex, and has a pretty deep meaning... Maybe he got the idea for the title from The Who, but that doesn't make it a spoof or parodical in any way.

Thats true. It was insired by The Who song but isnt a spoof as such and Green day covered The Who.

coke_a_holic
07-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Here's how it goes: The Who wrote the Kids Are Alright in the '60's. Offspring wrote The Kids Aren't Alright about a different subject, but made a play off The Who's song's title. Green Day does cover of The Who's song, probably poking fun at Offspring.

Camilamazed
07-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah. Green Day played that song on the AOL Sessions. :D
I've checked out that.

Venom Symbiote
07-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Thread-starter's retarded. Your grandma roots pickles in her spare time.

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 04:26 AM
uhh.. fuck I can't find that song anywhere. I saw a few concerts of a tour named "The Kids Are Alright", but I wasn't able to find an individual song... some one help me please?

Kerr
07-15-2005, 07:14 AM
The Kids Are Alright is a live AOL session cover by Green Day of the song by The Who. I have it on video and I recorded it as a music file too to burn to CD.

Kerr
07-15-2005, 07:16 AM
uhh.. fuck I can't find that song anywhere. I saw a few concerts of a tour named "The Kids Are Alright", but I wasn't able to find an individual song... some one help me please?
I have the song - you can only get it as a video, but I recorded it as an mp3 track, and I will be more than happy to send them to you. I do have a live session called The Kids Aren't Alright, which is probably the one you must have found when you tried to find it.