PDA

View Full Version : Why Noodles playing on Ibanez guitars?

SICK BOY
07-14-2005, 07:56 PM
I think Gibson guitars are much better.

coke_a_holic
07-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Because he likes the sound. Why do you play on Gibsons?

sXe_AlternativeLife
07-14-2005, 08:02 PM
yea no kidding..

We should go inside his tour bus and swap his guitars :D

coke_a_holic
07-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Fender > Gibson.

Although, I like the SG's.

SICK BOY
07-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I dont play on Gibson!I play on Irbanez :p But my friends Gibson sounds so cool, so I think maybe if Noodles will play on Gibson guitars the sound of the Offspring will be better! I dont like Noodles guitar sound after Americana :mad:

DougieD
07-14-2005, 08:19 PM

Your opinion means jackshit. Eat shit and choke.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-14-2005, 09:15 PM

Oh yeah? Why hell can't everyones opinon be heard here and respected. Oh, and his opinion doesn't mean jack shit.

Kitten
07-14-2005, 09:36 PM

According to a lot of people, Gibson guitars have gone right down in quality lately. Ibanez is a much better sounding guitar, oh, and he is endorsed by them.

Venom Symbiote
07-14-2005, 11:01 PM
ESP are king, Ibanez closely followed.

I've urinated on better guitars than modern Gibsons, so fuck me dead and call me Herschel Goldstein.

neocon58
07-14-2005, 11:11 PM

indeed.

Oh yeah, why does he play Ibanez? Because Noodles and Dexter have an Endorsement with them.

Oh yeah, just because you see noodles with his talman live, it doesn't mean thats the only guitar he uses when recording the albums. yes, he uses gibsons in the studio too.

and noodles isn't going to drop his endorsement deal with ibanez just because you think gibsons are better.

punk_riOt
07-15-2005, 06:40 AM
I like Ibanez guitars, my bass is an ibanez :D

So yeah, i don't have a problem with it at all.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Ibanez are good, they have to have different guitars to sound right for a certain song

Vaya_con_cornholio
07-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Noodles uses many guitars like gibson fender but on tour he uses ibanez ndm. Not along ago i read interview with noodles about recording splinter. He said that when he had been recording SPLINTER he had use many guitars like
-Ibanez RG 3120
-Ibanez Tallman/Ibanez NDM model
-Other guitars used: 1971 Fender Telecaster
-Ibanez George Benson Mellenium
-Taylor Acoustic
-Martin 00-18
-Gibson 1959 reissue Flying V
-Gibson SG

Mentally_Challenged
07-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Hell, I'd like to see 'SICK BOY' play as well as Noodles, Gibson or no Gibson. And as the person above said, Noodles doesn't only play Ibanez. But hey. If I had my own signature guitar, i'd play it :cool:

Vaya_con_cornholio
07-15-2005, 12:53 PM
yep noodles has his signature model but there are 2 versions of his guitar
there are some differences in finish.
first guitar which is in sales has black finish, different bridge
http://www.offspringcounty.it/Pics/Noodles/uk_free1.jpg
second has pickguard and chrome finish and the input jack is on the top. The body finish is also better than first one. This guitar seems to change colour (silve to black)
http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/fullsize?imagePos=5&gallery=1196
noodles rather uses second guitar which is not in sales. I dont know why he created different guitar. Signature model should be the same that he truly plays. Angus young, Tomi Iommi, Tom Delonge... sale same guitars that they play.

...and there is a pic with noodles playing gibson guitar.
http://digilander.libero.it/gornova/musica/offspring/img/Noods.jpeg

Noodles is gay
07-15-2005, 05:43 PM

notice that the key word there is 'I'. Obviously Noodles thinks that Ibanez guitars 'are much better'.

God, this site sure does attract some narrow-minded people.

Dead Cheerleader
07-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Whatever dude, Noodles looks fuckin smokin hot in that first picture.

Hit_That
07-15-2005, 06:20 PM

noodles does have gibsons.. he just doesnt use em

Conspiracy of One
07-15-2005, 06:23 PM
My guitar is an Ibinez mine sounds like dexters guitar the way i have it set up.

Nrk
07-16-2005, 02:44 AM
So you have a Custom RG550 w/ Mesa Dual Rectifier with the right eq settings? Cool!

Vaya_con_cornholio
07-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Mesa ?? I thought that dexter uses VHT amps (pitbull) like noodles :confused: ...anyway... mesa, VHT this stuff sounds amazing.

ygokazuki
07-16-2005, 04:30 AM
Mesa ?? I thought that dexter uses VHT amps (pitbull) like noodles :confused: ...anyway... mesa, VHT this stuff sounds amazing.

Yes, Mesa. Read interviews.
Anyway, yeah, he has an endorsement with them, duh! He uses his NDM1 and Dexter uses his RG1570 and no one gets hurt.

Vaya_con_cornholio
07-16-2005, 04:49 AM
on conspiracy of one tour he used VHT amps with dexter and Im sure but now maybe he changed his amp. I remember that on americana tour he used marshalls too but now they use only cabinets of this brand. In my opinion marshalls sounds better than mesa but it depends on which guitar, and cabinets you play.

ygokazuki
07-17-2005, 03:38 AM
http://www.guitarcenter.com/interview/noodles/index.cfm