PDA

View Full Version : Atleast 2 more studio albums left

Jesus
07-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Don't know if anyone already posted this, but since the "oh noez is the GH the last cd?!!" topics pop up like each day or so i though I post this.

Unlike some bands, this greatest hits release isn't merely a way to fulfill its contract with Columbia Records. The Offspring still are signed for two more studio albums, and a few songs are in the can already. Those will have to wait, though, till the Warped Tour ends. source (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/music/article/0,1299,DRMN_54_3927896,00.html)

Dexter_H
07-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Good news.

Zee
07-15-2005, 04:31 AM
Great, it's awesome how they just keep going on.

killer_queen
07-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Two? I wish there were more...

+Rheanna+
07-15-2005, 04:35 AM

Yeah , I know. I wonder when The Offspring will call it a day hopefully , not in the near future

punk_riOt
07-15-2005, 04:35 AM

two at least, there could be more :D

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 05:08 AM
Whoa! That's the first good news on my (until now) shitty day! Great, I didn't know that, let's hope they stick to their contract with columbia. And maybe sign for a few more albums:D

offspring kid
07-15-2005, 06:52 AM
what if they cut off from columbia and and make more albums form Dexters Label NITRO ! well if not 2 albums are not enough :(

TRUSTpunk
07-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Im happy where they are now. Gone Away was a huge hit and whatever
their Genre sounds like whether its Pop Punk , it sounds better because
they evolved into the new music which maybe indeed Pop Punk.

The point im making is , as long as you've liked their music from the old
albums , you will still like the new stuff such as Splinter and the newer.

Their old CD's sounded like the 90's , its 2000 -> 2005 now.
The fact that they sound like this now is because its much
more enhanced then what you would hear a few years ago.

Dexter_H
07-15-2005, 07:45 AM
If they do only have 2 more studio albums they better be longer than 30 minutes (and that is with when you're in prison) (n)

punk_riOt
07-15-2005, 07:45 AM
what if they cut off from columbia and and make more albums form Dexters Label NITRO ! well if not 2 albums are not enough :(

That'd be cool, but i don't think Nitro could support them.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-15-2005, 08:25 AM
When Musicians play music like The Offspring it becomes a habit and a part of everyday life, and it will be impossible to let go of...and it's good news that they are signed for 2 more studio albums as that sounds about right as they will be reaching 45 years old around about that time...

GunForHire
07-15-2005, 09:21 AM
If they do only have 2 more studio albums they better be longer than 30 minutes (and that is with when you're in prison) (n)

Agreed - whilst I love Splinter, it's just way too short. Neocon isn't really a song, and When You're in Prison isn't either. That leaves 10 songs, which isn't much. I hope the next ones are a bit longer as well, as long as the quality isn't sacrificed.

ashtray_girl_1
07-15-2005, 09:31 AM

exactly what i was thinking!!but no hope for that...they're gonna be shorter than 30 minutes (with wyaip, intro, some sort of intermission)!

not feeling very optimistic today, gotta go to bed... :o

Tijs
07-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Awesome, that's like atleast 6 years of Offspring!

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Agreed - whilst I love Splinter, it's just way too short. Neocon isn't really a song, and When You're in Prison isn't either. That leaves 10 songs, which isn't much. I hope the next ones are a bit longer as well, as long as the quality isn't sacrificed.
I hope that too. But Splinter is small and even it's quality was sacrificed anyway, imo...

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-15-2005, 12:33 PM
2 more records is good enough for me. As long as there both good and I like them. If they turn out anything like splinter I will be really dissapointed.

coke_a_holic
07-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Anyone who's crying because Offspring's making 2 more records needs to shut up. Not every band plays until retirement, but the ones that do actually impacted music. Offspring may be a good band, but they haven't done anything groundbreaking. You people should listen to the music that influenced Offspring, believe me, it's a lot better.

Manic subsidal
07-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Even though I thought they were going to have at least 3 studio albums left, 2 studio albums is still great.

I just hope they're going to sound different than the usual americana-type of stuff. It's not like it's getting repetitive or anything, but it'd just be nice to hear a new album with a completely different sound but still offspringish. Err... you know what I mean.

Noodles is gay
07-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Finishing on just 9?! How about they pull a Bowie? ;)

TarachnidX
07-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Im glad to hear that they are planning on making two more albums because I really thought that there next one would be their last. I hope before they finally stop they come out with another DVD with like a ton of live performances and more interviews with the band. From now on though Im gonna go to every Offspring concert I possibly can because, "Memories are bittersweet, the good times we can't repeat. Those days are gone and we can never get them back."