PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up the "complete music video collection" DVD!

Jesus
07-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Yes yes, I've been contributing to the Dutch economy.

Anyway, just went through it a bit. Pretty great! Some info, the can't repeat video is the old one. Live performances are from Maximum Carnage and Smash to Splinter. Good to have that stuff in great quality though!
The commentary from Dexter and Noodles is hilarious, Dexter not liking the want you bad video etc. All fun stuff and honest.

punk_riOt
07-15-2005, 07:46 AM
haha sounds good! can't wait to get a hold of one myself.

TRUSTpunk
07-15-2005, 07:50 AM
I like the old Can't Repeat better. I can't wait untill I get the Club Me cd thats
going to be awesome. But how in the hell did you get it so early. Mine won't be
in from 7 to 10 business days from today. At least I get the rare CD. :D

Autonomist
07-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Oh yeah Jesus, thanks for spoiling the freakin' surprise dude!

Nah, I'm joking. Sounds good!

Dexter_H
07-15-2005, 07:54 AM
I preordered mine about 2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping it comes on Monday.

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Great!! Can't to wait to buy it too!

Jesus
07-15-2005, 07:56 AM
But how in the hell did you get it so early.

The Dutch release date was the 15th, so I went to a shop and picked it up. (sorry for the non-exciting story on how I got it)

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Shit now i want it more

Preecey
07-15-2005, 08:19 AM
When does it come out in England? Is it already out?

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-15-2005, 08:21 AM
I wish i knew when it was out here, i'm gonna go check

Preecey
07-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Nice one! I'm definately getting it.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-15-2005, 08:24 AM
yeah the Us doesnt get it until tuesday the 19th. that kinda sux that we dont get the new version of cant repeat on the DVD, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Preecey
07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I checked HMV, and it said it's coming out on the 18th. It's 13 or something.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I checked HMV, and it said it's coming out on the 18th. It's 13 or something.

Damn that's cheap! thanks for that i'm defo getting it now!

sneedo
07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
I hate you jesus

Mentally_Challenged
07-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Pffft, I have to wait 'till 9th August. Damn birthday >_>

Tijs
07-15-2005, 09:25 AM
I hate you jesus
I second that. Dude, I didn't find it anywhere! None of the stores have it...

ashtray_girl_1
07-15-2005, 09:36 AM
i want it and i want it real bad!!! :D
...and real soon!!! :D

offspring_freak_3
07-15-2005, 09:41 AM

you have to wait till 9th august, i have to wait till august 25 :(

platinumpt
07-15-2005, 09:45 AM
WTF??? That's lots of time dude...

sneedo
07-15-2005, 09:53 AM
being young sucks indeed, I remember having to wait that long for shit, having your own money rocks, I can't wait to get my copy, I preordered it :o

Piedude
07-15-2005, 09:53 AM

Yeah, Well I may have to wait til my birthday on August 10th! Thats a whole extra day!
Joking aside, ill be hundreds of miles from my dvd player until the 24th anyway...thats holidays for you...

Ceejio21
07-15-2005, 10:02 AM
What year are the live performances from Maximum Carnage from?

And also...is there a live version of Get It Right?

Jesus
07-15-2005, 10:14 AM
I second that. Dude, I didn't find it anywhere! None of the stores have it...
The only store I checked was Van Leest and they had it. (it was placed under O, not under T or The btw.)

I suppose you could always check the Free Record Shop =p or just buy it in France (same dvd region right?) on your holidays.

Jesus
07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
What year are the live performances from Maximum Carnage from?

And also...is there a live version of Get It Right?
99 and no (or I didn't look enough).
It has the storyboards from Gone Away, Pretty Fly and TKAA though.

Ceejio21
07-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Strange is that because I'm pretty sure that I read on the Colombia records website that one of the chapters on the DVD video collection was called "Get It Right"...

Perhaps one of the chapters is called that, but coincidently nothing to do with the song at all...

I dunno, I'm gonna pick my copy up on Monday anyway when it's released in the UK.

sneedo
07-15-2005, 10:46 AM
I know it said on the preorder site that I'd get it 7-10 days after the release date, but I'm still hoping that I get it on or before the release date, didn't some people on here get the Greatest Hits CD before the release date?

Tijs
07-15-2005, 11:28 AM
The only store I checked was Van Leest and they had it. (it was placed under O, not under T or The btw.)

I suppose you could always check the Free Record Shop =p or just buy it in France (same dvd region right?) on your holidays.
I did this in all the three stores:
I checked both O and T, didn't find anything.
I asked if they had it, they didn't.
I asked if they were expecting it. 2 were, 1 wasn't.
That 1 store was the Free Record Shop. I should've checked Van Leest... but it's in the street of 'highly expensive and fancy stuff 'n shit'. So I didn't bother.

Dex90
07-15-2005, 11:36 AM
i got mine 2day 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FUKIN AWESOME!!!!! Y ISNT THERE A COMMENTARY FOR CANT REPEAT??????? I WANNA KNOW Y ATOM DIDNT RECORD THE SONG!!!!!!!!!

Jesus
07-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Probably because they are on the warped tour and did the commentary before the video was done.

Tired_Of_You
07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
What!? I hate you Jesus. ;) I have to wai until the 19th. Tuesday...4 days...*grumbles*

Tijs
07-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah Jesus, thanks for spoiling the freakin' surprise dude!

I hate you jesus

I second that.

What!? I hate you Jesus.

Way to improve your popularity Jesus! :p

BuddyHolly
07-15-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty glad everybody's picking on Jesus at the moment :p

Tired_Of_You
07-15-2005, 01:42 PM
You also have the DVD, so I hate you too.

Nirushika6789
07-15-2005, 01:51 PM
when is the UK release date????

BuddyHolly
07-15-2005, 02:48 PM
You also have the DVD, so I hate you too.

dammit :rolleyes:

vintagepunkrock7
07-15-2005, 09:31 PM
i preordered mine and i got the email today sayin it was shipped out today. when i preordered my GH i got it the day after i got the confirmation email so i hope this time thats what happens, not that i can watch it till like sunday or monday night anyway if i did get it. :(

Offspring-Fanatic
07-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Yes yes, I've been contributing to the Dutch economy.

Anyway, just went through it a bit. Pretty great! Some info, the can't repeat video is the old one. Live performances are from Maximum Carnage and Smash to Splinter. Good to have that stuff in great quality though!
The commentary from Dexter and Noodles is hilarious, Dexter not liking the want you bad video etc. All fun stuff and honest.

but it hasnt come out yet

Tijs
07-16-2005, 12:20 AM
It's been released here since yesterday.

Offspring-Fanatic
07-16-2005, 12:40 AM
wtf?? why??

i mean its made in the US, so why does it go to other countries first?

Tijs
07-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Because it's shipped around the world and stored everywhere before it gets released. They just decided to put it in stored here sooner I guess.

Tijs
07-16-2005, 03:55 AM
Awesome, I just bought the DVD. Gonna watch it now. Jesus, they only had it at Van Leest :o

Jesus
07-16-2005, 04:57 AM
wtf?? why??

i mean its made in the US, so why does it go to other countries first?
No, our releases are made in Germany.

Awesome, I just bought the DVD. Gonna watch it now. Jesus, they only had it at Van Leest :o
Haha strange, well not really I suppose, since they also had the GH (cd+dvd). Did Buddyholly get it there too?

neocon58
07-16-2005, 05:00 AM
you lucky fucks.

by the way, the new design on theoffspring.info looks great. nice stuff on there now as well :)

Joker666
07-16-2005, 06:05 AM
You lucky fucks I can't wait till it comes out here

offspring kid
07-16-2005, 06:12 AM
WHAT THE HELL..........how did you got it So early ???? Norway will get it on Monday 18th July

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 06:39 AM
In Portugal I don't have a fucking idea when it's coming out. Fuck this shit

BuddyHolly
07-16-2005, 07:30 AM
WHAT THE HELL..........how did you got it So early ???? Norway will get it on Monday 18th July

It's already instores now here in The Netherlands :cool:

Jesus
07-16-2005, 07:37 AM
brilliant commentary with the Hit That video btw ;)

Venom Symbiote
07-16-2005, 07:43 AM
When's it out in Australia again, guys? I'm too fucking lazy to research it, check it up and all. This week, or are we delayed?

I just found out Sin City was released in cinemas here like last week, I've been looking forward to the movie for fucking forever, and I missed the damn release date. I don't want that to happen again. :D

I'll ask in HMV tomorrow (gonna be down there anyway, buy a gift voucher for a friend and *finally* pick up the new Nine Inch Nails album), but they know dick-all anyway. It'd be cool to hear it from a reputable source like you guys and gals.

By the way, even though I know he's a forum member, "I hate you, Jesus!" still sounds fucking funny, in my books. :D In a Homer Simpson voice (in my mind's ears) it's even more hilarious. Replace it with "Jebus" and it's almost piss-yourself worthy.

neocon58
07-16-2005, 07:49 AM
When's it out in Australia again, guys? I'm too fucking lazy to research it, check it up and all. This week, or are we delayed?

I just found out Sin City was released in cinemas here like last week, I've been looking forward to the movie for fucking forever, and I missed the damn release date. I don't want that to happen again. :D

I'll ask in HMV tomorrow (gonna be down there anyway, buy a gift voucher for a friend and *finally* pick up the new Nine Inch Nails album), but they know dick-all anyway. It'd be cool to hear it from a reputable source like you guys and gals.

By the way, even though I know he's a forum member, "I hate you, Jesus!" still sounds fucking funny, in my books. :D In a Homer Simpson voice (in my mind's ears) if's even more hilarious. Replace it with "Jebus" and it's almost piss-yourself worthy.

I've been fuckin waiting for ages for sin city too!

as far as release dates for the DVD, i think sanity is saying 11th (wtf?) for the dvd, whist HMV say 25th. Sanity never update, they are overal really shit, so I think rely on the HMV date.

Venom Symbiote
07-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Alright, so this coming week sometime. Nice.

Although I got to buy Splinter about 2 or 3 days before release, so I'd keep your eyes out, man. ;) :) Just a forewarning.

But yeah, as for Sin City: I can still see it, but fuck - most of my friends already saw it while I was working (that's how I found out it's already screening). Bummer. Oh well, kinda wanted to see it on the first day. Hell, it'll probably be even better than Batman was, and Batman "rocked my freakin' socks" as they say. :D

Tijs
07-16-2005, 09:55 AM
It's a good DVD, I haven't watched all of it yet though. No time for that... :s

offspring kid
07-16-2005, 10:04 AM
AAAAh man i am walking around in my Room intensly and bitting my nails OFF

offspring kid
07-16-2005, 10:29 AM
i just called a local store here in Norway and they said they arent sure if they will get it on 18th !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: NOw i am Really TENSED !!!!

Venom Symbiote
07-16-2005, 10:57 AM
This release will blow me away, I can just see it. The GH album itself was a disappointment, so this oughta be great. :)

Too bad the live stuff sounds like shit we all already have, Smash to Splinter and all. :confused: :( Rare or unreleased stuff would have been appreciated.

Oh well, that's just being nitpicky I guess.

kickass0987654321
07-16-2005, 02:12 PM
where would u by it?

Venom Symbiote
07-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah, Aussie guys and girls, HMV says it's out on the 25th, too.

Oh well. Fuck-fuckers. I just want it, I don't care when, really. The GH CD-Extras STILL need to be uploaded here, too. You butt-fucks! :D

neocon58
07-16-2005, 08:39 PM
The GH CD-Extras STILL need to be uploaded here, too.

indeed it does

Venom Symbiote
07-17-2005, 01:47 AM
So get ON it, Yankee-doodles! ;) :(

:mad:

BuddyHolly
07-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Did Buddyholly get it there too?

No, I got it at Free Record Shop

nameless
07-17-2005, 03:14 PM
havent seen it yet! i will buy it at some point though!

Conspiracy of One
07-17-2005, 03:55 PM
I just got 100$ im gonna go and buy it tomm! :D

Hyper nova
07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm In the UK and I got it today (release dtes are always mondays here, hrnce 18th not 19th) from MVC (HMV Had it But sold out). 11.99.

Awsome Video having both MTV Videos (all 17 in total), live stuff (11 in total), the 2 Promo vids. Da HUi and Guy Cohen Docs. Storry board and Comentaries. And Discography

Live list:

Self Esteem
All I want
Prettyfly
Why dont you get a job
Long way home
Hit that
Gotta Get Away
Worst Hangover Ever
Come out and play
Kids Arent alright

A COuple of things are a little disapointing

1. Old Can't repeat Vid. (Band only version)
2. No Audio Comentary For Can't Repeat.

One funny thing is they dont talk about Hit Tha as such they talk about what sin the news. I geuss thay had nothing to do with the video as its animatted so they do a tounge and Cheak thing but only saying oh and htat was our Hit THat Video.

Another odd thing but understandable is that in the Discography there is no Kill The President (supose it isnt an official S/T Track any more since 2001)

Oh and there are 3 hidden Features (there maybe others i havent found but i think thats it )

1. Go to The Discography select splinter and enter. Go up to Hit that and press left an arrow apears pointing to the head. Then enter. This take you to a japanese Marching band live perfomance of Hit That.

2. Go to Disography again but next go to the The Greatest HIts and then go up to one of the songs and press left. The sculls eyes light up in red then press enter. Youll get an early performace of 'Get it right' from 93

3. Again in th Disc. go to the Self Titled and press left from DIscography to get a hidden 'back' button. This takes you to some early practive footage of Dexter and greg in late teens early 80's with Dexter on drums.

Cejus
07-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Is the 80's rare footage the same as on the Americana VHS? :confused:

PS: thanx for the info! :)

Hyper nova
07-18-2005, 02:21 PM

PS: thanx for the info! :)

Dunno.

I havent got the Americana VHS or DVD (DVD WAS REGION 1 ONLY)

Jack the Tripper
07-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Is Original Prankster censored on it?

Hyper nova
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Is Original Prankster censored on it?

No only the Tits (on the girls with the headmaster)

platinumpt
07-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm In the UK and I got it today (release dtes are always mondays here, hrnce 18th not 19th) from MVC (HMV Had it But sold out). 11.99.

Awsome Video having both MTV Videos (all 17 in total), live stuff (11 in total), the 2 Promo vids. Da HUi and Guy Cohen Docs. Storry board and Comentaries. And Discography

Live list:

Self Esteem
All I want
Prettyfly
Why dont you get a job
Long way home
Hit that
Gotta Get Away
Worst Hangover Ever
Come out and play
Kids Arent alright

A COuple of things are a little disapointing

1. Old Can't repeat Vid. (Band only version)
2. No Audio Comentary For Can't Repeat.

One funny thing is they dont talk about Hit Tha as such they talk about what sin the news. I geuss thay had nothing to do with the video as its animatted so they do a tounge and Cheak thing but only saying oh and htat was our Hit THat Video.

Another odd thing but understandable is that in the Discography there is no Kill The President (supose it isnt an official S/T Track any more since 2001)

Oh and there are 3 hidden Features (there maybe others i havent found but i think thats it )

1. Go to The Discography select splinter and enter. Go up to Hit that and press left an arrow apears pointing to the head. Then enter. This take you to a japanese Marching band live perfomance of Hit That.

2. Go to Disography again but next go to the The Greatest HIts and then go up to one of the songs and press left. The sculls eyes light up in red then press enter. Youll get an early performace of 'Get it right' from 93

3. Again in th Disc. go to the Self Titled and press left from DIscography to get a hidden 'back' button. This takes you to some early practive footage of Dexter and greg in late teens early 80's with Dexter on drums.

Thanks a lot for the info man, that hidden stuff should be cool!!!

BuddyHolly
07-19-2005, 10:19 AM

Yes, it is...