PDA

View Full Version : "Best Of" Offspring Cd

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 02:38 PM
they shoulda made a "Best Of" Cd instead of greatest hits. that way they can put songs on it that all thier fans love, (like meaning of life or i choose) even if they werent techically "hits".

Tijs
07-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Now there's a fresh idea!

BuddyHolly
07-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Now there's a fresh idea!

Haha, we really need some sarcasm from time to time :D

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 03:15 PM
it wasnt sarcastic you mongloid, no one's mentioned that yet.

Mentally_Challenged
07-15-2005, 03:18 PM
SEARCH

BUTTON

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-15-2005, 03:21 PM
A best of cd would be cool when they are about to retire

Tijs
07-15-2005, 03:27 PM
It would be quite impossible to make a 'Best of' CD though. You'd get even more bitchin' about the fact that the best songs aren't on there than Greatest Hits. Opinions are just too different.

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 03:34 PM
SEARCH

BUTTON

no i wont use the search button. i dont see that idea anywhere in any recent post. if it was something that someone said like 2 weeks and 20 pages ago, then boo hoo, deal with it. im not fucking searching shit everytime i wanna start a topic. i dont give a fuck how many times you have to hear the same idea.

Mentally_Challenged
07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
.....You may not, but I and most of the boards do. We've had hundreds (or what feels like hundreds) of threads saying 'omgfz i cnt believe dey didnt put ne thing from ignition on da GH.'....and that sort of thing.
Then you've got 'Omg, Can't repeat sounds exactly like TKAA and Long Way Home.' x 20000000...etc

If you could use the search button, or maybe just post in the 'say whatever's on your mind' thread... many of us would be much happier.

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 04:10 PM
".....You may not, but I and most of the boards do."

no pretty much just you...you probably couldnt find more then 2 other people who didnt like my post.

"We've had hundreds (or what feels like hundreds) of threads saying 'omgfz i cnt believe dey didnt put ne thing from ignition on da GH.'....and that sort of thing.
Then you've got 'Omg, Can't repeat sounds exactly like TKAA and Long Way Home.' x 20000000...etc"

ok, so what does that have to do with my post?

"If you could use the search button, or maybe just post in the 'say whatever's on your mind' thread... many of us would be much happier."

nope.

jrk247
07-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Ok, will u guys shut up! USE THE SEARCH BUTTON or just talk about it on a thread like the This thread will never end or talk about anything on ur mind. OK! AND yes it is old news!

Mentally_Challenged
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
".....You may not, but I and most of the boards do."

no pretty much just you...you probably couldnt find more then 2 other people who didnt like my post.

"We've had hundreds (or what feels like hundreds) of threads saying 'omgfz i cnt believe dey didnt put ne thing from ignition on da GH.'....and that sort of thing.
Then you've got 'Omg, Can't repeat sounds exactly like TKAA and Long Way Home.' x 20000000...etc"

ok, so what does that have to do with my post?

"If you could use the search button, or maybe just post in the 'say whatever's on your mind' thread... many of us would be much happier."

nope.

I don't want to start a whole argue-thing (meh) now, but i'll just clear things up.

1) it's not just this thread, it applies to all threads that get repeated an insane amount of times.

2) The point is, this is exactly what you're doing. Repeating what's already been said.

3) Oh yes...we would.

Ok, will u guys shut up! USE THE SEARCH BUTTON or just talk about it on a thread like the This thread will never end or talk about anything on ur mind. OK! AND yes it is old news!

Woohoo! Someone with brain cells - a respectable amount anyway.

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 04:20 PM
okay find me the post where someone says that instead of a greastest hits album they should have a "best of" album. if its within the most recent 5 or 6 pages i see your point. but if it was really further back then that, then shut the fuck up and deal with it. its really not that big of a deal.

Mentally_Challenged
07-15-2005, 04:22 PM
No, it's downright annoying. And I don't have time to do research for you - i'm off to bed. G'night, Kiddies.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-15-2005, 04:23 PM
No matter how annoyed you get when a noobie posts something thats already been done, its gonna happen. People go on vacation, dont reaize whats been said, people join, dont even realize to search. Get over it and quit complaining, your not gonna change anything

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah its downright annoying to have to search things up before you post isnt it? thats why i WONT FUCKING DO IT. I come here to talk and converse not do fucking research on wether someone in the last century already said it before me. i still dont give a fuck wether one of you people who are here every day have to see the same kind of post 2 or 3 times.

BOO HOO

endlesst0m
07-15-2005, 04:27 PM
dont fucking tell me i "can't repeat".

Dead Cheerleader
07-15-2005, 05:10 PM
SEARCH

BUTTON

Dude, aren't people sick of bitching about how people post questions that have already been posted before. You all are SO MUCH MORE FUCKING ANNOYING than the people who originally post. Shut the fuck up, not everyone has been here as long as you or reads the boards every fucking day. So just shut the fuck up and let people post whatever they want without having to read your bullshit.

Camilamazed
07-15-2005, 05:18 PM
No, definitely.
Even when they retire.Greatest Hits is ok. If they are to release something before retire, I do prefer something we could never forget.A best of would have the same songs from GH.

jrk247
07-15-2005, 05:22 PM
No, definitely.
Even when they retire.Greatest Hits is ok. If they are to release something before retire, I do prefer something we could never forget.A best of would have the same songs from GH.
Agreed because their best works are their greatest hits.

Camilamazed
07-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Agreed because their best works are their greatest hits.

Word. :D

ten crap thing.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Dude, aren't people sick of bitching about how people post questions that have already been posted before. You all are SO MUCH MORE FUCKING ANNOYING than the people who originally post. Shut the fuck up, not everyone has been here as long as you or reads the boards every fucking day. So just shut the fuck up and let people post whatever they want without having to read your bullshit.

I agree you with 100%. I've said it a million times but they don't seem to get it. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO POST THINGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND AGAIN.
So, deal with it bitch

Mentally_Challenged
07-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Jeez, all I said was 'Search button'. People start having a hissy fit over the slightest things these days.

Amazed
07-16-2005, 02:45 AM
No matter how annoyed you get when a noobie posts something thats already been done, its gonna happen. People go on vacation, dont reaize whats been said, people join, dont even realize to search. Get over it and quit complaining, your not gonna change anything

You've got a point! :cool:

endlesst0m
07-16-2005, 02:08 PM
also, its not as if theres unlimited things to talk about when discussing a band. if we were NEVER allowed to talk about things that have already been discussed, then only things left to talk about would be shit like, how many different pairs of pants noodles has or how many times dexter blinks in the defy you video or something like that.

on the other hand i disagree, a greatest hits would be very different from a "best of" album. meaning of life, i choose, session, jennifer lost the war, bad habit...they all would be consider by most fans to be some of the "best of" the offspring but you don't see them on the GH do you?

WebDudette
07-16-2005, 02:17 PM
okay find me the post where someone says that instead of a greastest hits album they should have a "best of" album. if its within the most recent 5 or 6 pages i see your point. but if it was really further back then that, then shut the fuck up and deal with it. its really not that big of a deal.

Even if it is that far back its still fucking annoying go and revive the old one instead of making a new one fuck head.

yeah its downright annoying to have to search things up before you post isnt it? thats why i WONT FUCKING DO IT. I come here to talk and converse not do fucking research on wether someone in the last century already said it before me. i still dont give a fuck wether one of you people who are here every day have to see the same kind of post 2 or 3 times.

Is it me or is it better for one fucking moron to be annoyed and use the god damn search button then for the whole damn board to be annoyed by your low count of fucking brain cells.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Can't we all just get along and listen to some marley.

Mentally_Challenged
07-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Even if it is that far back its still fucking annoying go and revive the old one instead of making a new one fuck head./Is it me or is it better for one fucking moron to be annoyed and use the god damn search button then for the whole damn board to be annoyed by your low count of fucking brain cells.

*Nods* Thanks for making my life easier =P

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Even if it is that far back its still fucking annoying go and revive the old one instead of making a new one fuck head.
Is it me or is it better for one fucking moron to be annoyed and use the god damn search button then for the whole damn board to be annoyed by your low count of fucking brain cells.

I don't have that much of a problem when people say it politely. But everyone around here tells them to "shut up", tells them to "fuck off"

Why can't you just say "Thanks for taking the time to make this thread. In the future could you possibly use the search button, this thread has been made many times"

If I make a thread and its already been done, and someone tells me to shut the fuck up, im gonna be pissed, and lash out on you. If you inform me nicely then thats ok, and I will be more aware next time.

There is absolutely no need to freak out on someone.

coke_a_holic
07-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I don't have that much of a problem when people say it politely. But everyone around here tells them to "shut up", tells them to "fuck off"

Why can't you just say "Thanks for taking the time to make this thread. In the future could you possibly use the search button, this thread has been made many times"

If I make a thread and its already been done, and someone tells me to shut the fuck up, im gonna be pissed, and lash out on you. If you inform me nicely then thats ok, and I will be more aware next time.

There is absolutely no need to freak out on someone.
It's quite simple, really. You will get sick of the idiots who don't understand the search button soon enough. Being polite gets you nowhere, they will never learn. They must be disciplined.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-16-2005, 04:53 PM
It's quite simple, really. You will get sick of the idiots who don't understand the search button soon enough. Being polite gets you nowhere, they will never learn. They must be disciplined.

I am sick of the people who dont know how to use the search button. But for most of them its their first time here, so I just don't say anything. I just don't like when people get mad and put people down even though I do it myself sometimes.

D!stortion
07-16-2005, 06:49 PM
USE THE DAMN SEARCH!!! lmao, just kidding, geez, chill. I would say that it's fine with the GH cd. Some of my fav songs weren't on there (have you ever, anything from ixnay) but it still had a great selection, a selection that in my eyes best shows what they're all about. And as for the search thing, if it's that annoying, be polite about it as others have said instead of flippin out dude

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 08:15 PM
There are some guys here who act really childish... if you see the thread is being repeated, just don't bother answering it... that shit about "USE SEARCH BUTTON" is surely the most annoying fucking shit that one can tell to another person. And some guys can be so arrogant when they say that. Maybe you're being this way because someone treated you like this before...? Well shut the fuck up, because newbies (and yes, I'm a newbie too) don't have fault of your previous traumas.

Btw, yeah, I've already posted in a thread like this one, but this is a subject that I like to talk about, so I'll answer again!

A best of album would be an alternative option to the GH, IMO. I mean, now that a GH has been released, it doesn't make much sense to release a best of album. At least not so soon, maybe in... what, 8 years, 10? The GH album has few songs to my liking. And should have at least another original song, 'cause a new one, a cover, and a remix of an old song aren't at all enough, even though the new single is great. Example: look at Green Day Internation Superhits. There are 21 songs (I'm not sure if there are 21 or 20), and 3 of them aren't in any of their previous albums. And still they putted there 18 songs of their old material (well at least since 1994)! Now The Offspring stats: 1 new song, 1 song which is in a OST, 1 crappy remix, 1 cover and 12 "old" songs? Fuck this shit, I payed 18 for a CD with less than 40 minutes of music? Reminds me of Splinter, 22.50 for 32 minutes with 12 songs and a little DVD with a commentary about the songs with the duration of what, 10 minutes? ... I hope that I like better the new DVD with all that video stuff, I don't want to be disappointed for the 3rd time in 2 years.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-16-2005, 08:37 PM
There are some guys here who act really childish... if you see the thread is being repeated, just don't bother answering it... that shit about "USE SEARCH BUTTON" is surely the most annoying fucking shit that one can tell to another person. And some guys can be so arrogant when they say that. Maybe you're being this way because someone treated you like this before...? Well shut the fuck up, because newbies (and yes, I'm a newbie too) don't have fault of your previous traumas.

Btw, yeah, I've already posted in a thread like this one, but this is a subject that I like to talk about, so I'll answer again!

A best of album would be an alternative option to the GH, IMO. I mean, now that a GH has been released, it doesn't make much sense to release a best of album. At least not so soon, maybe in... what, 8 years, 10? The GH album has few songs to my liking. And should have at least another original song, 'cause a new one, a cover, and a remix of an old song aren't at all enough, even though the new single is great. Example: look at Green Day Internation Superhits. There are 21 songs (I'm not sure if there are 21 or 20), and 3 of them aren't in any of their previous albums. And still they putted there 18 songs of their old material (well at least since 1994)! Now The Offspring stats: 1 new song, 1 song which is in a OST, 1 crappy remix, 1 cover and 12 "old" songs? Fuck this shit, I payed 18 for a CD with less than 40 minutes of music? Reminds me of Splinter, 22.50 for 32 minutes with 12 songs and a little DVD with a commentary about the songs with the duration of what, 10 minutes? ... I hope that I like better the new DVD with all that video stuff, I don't want to be disappointed for the 3rd time in 2 years.

Your cd's have so much more stuff on them compaired to mine :(

platinumpt
07-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Uhh but are you serious??? Nex To You is a hidden track, it doesn't has an individual number... maybe the difference is the kids aren't alright remix, which has been released in europe, and not in the USA... but I don't like it anyway, and it's not even a hit, or is it? So, instead of that crappy remix, they could have put a few non hit songs... but no problem, I don't regret my decision, it's a good album anyway!