PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits #1 in Finland

Zee
07-16-2005, 02:45 AM
On the official chart, that's great. And soon the DVD will be number #1 too I think... they still got the success here.

DirtyMagic_FIN
07-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Yeah! You saw also the tv-program? Why did they show Pretty Fly... :rolleyes:
I have to admit that the position number 1 was a little surprise to me.. :eek:

Zee
07-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Yup, I watched it.

Well, last time they showed Can't Repeat. Pretty Fly is maybe their biggest hit and I think a brilliant, brilliant song too. Maybe next time Come Out And Play.

They beat tough names such as Coldplay, Foo Fighters...

Hypodermic_89
07-16-2005, 03:01 AM
Yup, I watched it.

Well, last time they showed Can't Repeat. Pretty Fly is maybe their biggest hit and I think a brilliant, brilliant song too. Maybe next time Come Out And Play.

They beat tough names such as Coldplay, Foo Fighters...

koska ne näytti sen ? :O

DirtyMagic_FIN
07-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Hey, I checked this out (but I'm not 100% sure), GH's position #1 is the first time to Offspring since Smash (not sure was it ever #1) being number 1 on Finland's official album chart! :eek:

DirtyMagic_FIN
07-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Yup, Americana did not make it, either Co1. Americana was #2 many weeks, and stayed at top10 multiple weeks, and Co1 did the same.

Zee
07-16-2005, 03:13 AM
koska ne näytti sen ? :O

Tänään aamulla, tulee vielä uusintana yöllä 00.30 jos kiinnostaa...

Hey, I checked this out (but I'm not 100% sure), GH's position #1 is the first time to Offspring since Smash (not sure was it ever #1) being number on Finland's official album chart!

Actually, if you check out the archives there, it says that even Smash didn't make it number one! That one I don't believe though, it was helluva long on the charts and that archieve doesn't have that many weeks listed there... Splinter did only #37 and #33 so this position is pretty good now.

Come out and smash'em up!
07-16-2005, 03:15 AM
I saw it too. It was surprise for me to see pretty fly on tv after 6 years it's publishing. Is Can't repaeat a single in finland? and does it have a good chart position?

Zee
07-16-2005, 03:18 AM
Is Can't repaeat a single in finland? and does it have a good chart position?

I think it hasn't been released here on a CD...

Come out and smash'em up!
07-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Then i think it will not be realesed in here ,couse singles come before the actual cd,s.

Hypodermic_89
07-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Tänään aamulla, tulee vielä uusintana yöllä 00.30 jos kiinnostaa...

Actually, if you check out the archives there, it says that even Smash didn't make it number one! That one I don't believe though, it was helluva long on the charts and that archieve doesn't have that many weeks listed there... Splinter did only #37 and #33 so this position is pretty good now.

ok kiitos :D

Cerberus
07-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Aamulehden valo-liiteessä GH oli vasta sijalla #8, mutta se oli ylex:n "erittäin virallinen" lista. Monissa musaliikkeissä ja marketeissa GH on ollu ykkönen. Tiatoo millon DVD julkastaan? Jos oikein muistan niin joskus ens viikolle, mutta on kellään tarkkaa päivää?

Edit:
Oon sitten viikon kärjestä. Eilisessä lehdessä oli viime viikon lista. No onneks ehdin korjaan ennenkun ehti kukaan haukkuun tyhmäks :confused:

Obie2trice
07-16-2005, 04:52 AM
Great News!

DirtyMagic_FIN
07-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Aamulehden valo-liiteessä GH oli vasta sijalla #8, mutta se oli ylex:n "erittäin virallinen" lista. Monissa musaliikkeissä ja marketeissa GH on ollu ykkönen. Tiatoo millon DVD julkastaan? Jos oikein muistan niin joskus ens viikolle, mutta on kellään tarkkaa päivää?

Itse olen tilannut sen cdon.comista, ja siellä on merkitty julkaisupäiväksi 18.7., eli ensi maanantai.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Yes!! This is awsome news!

kickass0987654321
07-16-2005, 02:28 PM
i didnt no that they wer popular in finland

Dirty Bertie
07-16-2005, 02:31 PM

You do know...
I think it is cos the free Coke concert in Finland. Something like... buy 50 cans and get a free ticket

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-16-2005, 09:12 PM

There popular all around the world you know....

Zee
07-17-2005, 01:11 PM
I think it is cos the free Coke concert in Finland. Something like... buy 50 cans and get a free ticket

Ha, I wish it was like that.

But mainly because of the upcoming club gig they have got a lot of publicity, it's advertised everywhere.

Chngthwrld
07-18-2005, 12:12 AM
You do know...

It is organized by a beer brand (Koff, they spell Offspring) (K)offspring at one point on the pages) and you can only win tickets. The place holds 800. Maybe 100 finnish b-list celebreties, 50 through fan-applications and the rest can only be won by pure luck.

Wow! Number one? I could have never imagined and dreamed that could happen. I am so happy! I am not happy because they are popular but because that means that so many people actually like great music. The more people listen to good guitar based music the less I have to hear that RAP shit. And maybe now at some parties I could play Offspring without everyone always interrupting. That happened happened with Greenday when they the Boulevard of broken dreams was a hit. People tend to listen to stuff that is "hot" right know. You just have to wish that it is good (or great if Offies) music.

Please post if you see any comments regarding the #1 position! What did they say during the Lista program about this? Damn! If I would have ever guessed that Offspring would have a chance to make it #1 then I would watched the show :(

Edited: Wait a minute. This isn't actually a good thing. I would have hoped that GH wouldn't make it to the charts and there would be no promotion. Because now I have even smaller chance to get in to the club gig. After the gig GH could sell 1 million copies here :p

RobinoZombie
07-18-2005, 01:36 AM
thats awesome!:D
dont know which position its reached in sweden though:S

Zee
07-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Ha, it's getting bad indeed, entering the club gig that is. They advertise it on tv, maganizes (best place at Ilta-Sanomat net, thousands of readers), EVERYWHERE. Now that they are number #1, Jaysus... they could have filled Hartwall Arena.

Zee
07-23-2005, 02:56 AM
Second week now number one.

DirtyMagic_FIN
07-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Yeah, and at this time they showed Self Esteem :D

bhg_rulz2
07-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Second week now number one.

thats awesome!! :D

dextermyideal
07-23-2005, 07:57 AM
On the official chart, that's great. And soon the DVD will be number #1 too I think... they still got the success here.

He's Already Number #1 in France... In Punk Category.

SkyRocker
07-23-2005, 07:59 AM
He's Already Number #1 in France... In Punk Category.
Where did you see that ?

TRUSTpunk
07-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Do they not promote alot of Black Music in Finland ?

If so then thats why their at #1 , its black music that makes them look
bad , all these bastards promoting garbage instead of actual music. :eek:

Hell , if I was in charge of the labels , I would pay the black musicians
lesser money so they can't bitch about them being rich , not only that
but I would make sure that their album doesn't get alot of sales.

dextermyideal
07-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Where did you see that ?

hem... on internet, but, sorry, i don't remember the name...

Cerberus
07-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah, and at this time they showed Self Esteem :D
Ahh!!! F*ck. Missed that. Well thats the price u pay when u go to the TamU - s.s Lazio football game and don`t take care of whats most important to u :mad:

Vera
07-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Fuck me, I'm so out of the loop.

Haha, I actually walk by the cd in the record store at least once or twice a week when I'm downtown and I just think to myself, "Shit, who'd buy that? It doesn't have their best songs anyway!".

Don't get me wrong, it has *some* good songs, some excellent songs and some crap songs but whatever, this is a fan opinion again.

But #1?! That is insane!

Then again, must remember it IS summer. Who buys records during the summer? I hardly ever do.

But yeah, they could fill the Hartwall Arena. Shame they're just doing the club gig... And I still haven't won tickets to that thing. Goddamnit.

Zee
07-24-2005, 11:18 AM
That's true, summer's pretty quiet time I guess, but still #1 is always #1.

And I haven't won tickets either yet, but I trust at my fan application... half a leg at the gig already for sure. ;)

Vera
07-24-2005, 11:36 AM
I won't be too disappointed if I don't get to go but of course it'll suck. Then again I could always try to stalk their hotel while they're here. ;D

Zee
07-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Or just locate their tour bus and explain the situation, I'm sure one would get in from backstage. :D

Vera
07-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a plan!

Zee
07-24-2005, 03:02 PM
It does, hehe.

The radio dj just wondered that Finland's probably the only country where it's #1 and in other places it doesn't do so good (expect Austria), I wonder if it's truely so.

Zee
07-30-2005, 05:00 AM
Ha, that Crazy Frog collection or whatever didn't beat the Offspring, so third week in a row for the Offspring at #1, Crazy Frog debut at second place.

Jesus
07-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Do they mostly sell the CD+Bonus DVD version or just the standard CD version in the shops in Finland?

DirtyMagic_FIN
07-30-2005, 08:08 AM
I've seen only that CD+Bonus DVD version in stores..

DirtyMagic_FIN
07-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Ha, that Crazy Frog collection or whatever didn't beat the Offspring, so third week in a row for the Offspring at #1, Crazy Frog debut at second place.
Hitto, unohin kokonaan.. minkä videon ne tällä kertaa näytti?

Vera
07-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Crazy Frog makes me want to kill people. Only in Europe could trash like that actually become a hit.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-30-2005, 10:42 AM
http://allcharts.org/music/finland/albums.htm

Here's the link saying Offspring are #1 for 3 weeks in Finland

Plus here is a link to all the Charts around the world

http://www.berm.co.nz/charts/

Cerberus
07-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Hitto, unohin kokonaan.. minkä videon ne tällä kertaa näytti?
Original Prankster oli vuorossa tällä viikolla.

The-Offspring-RuLe
08-02-2005, 06:59 AM
They are #1 for a 4th week!

Idiot
08-02-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm still laughing that the damn stupid frog is number 1 in Australia. :D

Mannen som blev en gris
08-02-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm still laughing that the damn stupid frog is number 1 in Australia. :D
I seriously can't believe people pay for that shit......

Zee
08-02-2005, 10:04 AM
They are #1 for a 4th week!

Well actually it has been #1 three weeks, but on the charts it has been four weeks, it started from 8th place and since that it has kept the first place. But it's good to see Crazy Frog is still behind, it's going to be a tight battle between Offspring and CF next week, they announce the new list each Saturday.

pretty fly 88
08-03-2005, 09:12 AM
That's awesome! Now, if it only had more songs, it would be #1 here, too.

Cerberus
08-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Well actually it has been #1 three weeks, but on the charts it has been four weeks, it started from 8th place and since that it has kept the first place. But it's good to see Crazy Frog is still behind, it's going to be a tight battle between Offspring and CF next week, they announce the new list each Saturday.
Well let`s hope that Grazy Frog gets kicked away from Finland. I Read from finnish newspaper (iltalehti or iltasanomat) that our customer service office, (or what ever that is in english) is investicgeting possible illgal acts the company might have done in their marketing.

Zee
08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Joo, sammakolla ei selvästikään oo nyt ihan puhtaat jauhot pussissa.

Cerberus
08-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Joo, sammakolla ei selvästikään oo nyt ihan puhtaat jauhot pussissa.
Se päivä kun tulee, että sammakko potkitaan Suomesta, niin lupaan tässä ja nyt juoda itseni räkäkänniin.

DirtyMagic_FIN
08-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Nyt sitten tipahti GH sijalle 3.. Ja se stanan sammakko nous ekaks.. Ihme ettei kukaan muu ole vielä huomannu ja postannu tänne :eek: Itse oon ollu koko vklopun Neste Rallyssa :D

So, the Crazy Dumbshitfrog has climped to #1 and dropped GH to position #3 in Finland..

Gayman
08-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Nyt sitten tipahti GH sijalle 3.. Ja se stanan sammakko nous ekaks.. Ihme ettei kukaan muu ole vielä huomannu ja postannu tänne :eek: Itse oon ollu koko vklopun Neste Rallyssa :D

So, the Crazy Dumbshitfrog has climped to #1 and dropped GH to position #3 in Finland..
Vittu mul menee hermot siihe *tanan sammakkoon!!! vittu ko se mainos tulee tv:stä ni mä meinaan räjähtää!!!!! Ketä muuten o kakkosen ny?En ikin muist kattoo top40:ii!!!

DirtyMagic_FIN
08-08-2005, 01:24 AM
^System Of A Down - Mezmerize

Gayman
08-08-2005, 06:35 PM
^System Of A Down - Mezmerize
ok....arvelin kyllä et se....mut kiitti :D

Cerberus
08-09-2005, 03:37 AM
No, kolme viikkoo listaykkösenä oli enemmän kun olis uskonu. Luuli että tääkin maa menee nykysellä paskapop/kevytrock linjalla eikä päästä sitä kun korkeintaan top10 joukkoon. No ei se paalupaikan takasvaltauskaan varmaan oo mahdotonta, mutta eipä mainontaa oo näkyny viikoihin niin tuskin tapahtuu.

Gayman
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM
No, kolme viikkoo listaykkösenä oli enemmän kun olis uskonu. Luuli että tääkin maa menee nykysellä paskapop/kevytrock linjalla eikä päästä sitä kun korkeintaan top10 joukkoon. No ei se paalupaikan takasvaltauskaan varmaan oo mahdotonta, mutta eipä mainontaa oo näkyny viikoihin niin tuskin tapahtuu.
Joo...ei odottanu et nousus top 10 ees mut...no kaikkee sattuu ja tapahtuu et ei mitään tie vaik nousis se fukin sammakon ohi viel!

DirtyMagic_FIN
08-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Tällä viikolla yksi sija alas päin.. GH #4..

Greatest Hits keeps coming down on Finland's album chart. GH is #4 after being 6 weeks on chart.

wasssuuupppp
08-13-2005, 09:40 AM
In Switzerland Offspring was one week on #5. After 6 weeks on the charts they are know on 12. In Germany they didn't reach the top 10 and they are now at 45 (last week 48).