PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads lyrics

Hypodermic_89
07-16-2005, 09:47 AM
alright, there is something Dexter says in "Crossroads", and i can't quite hear what it is. I looked at the lyrics for the song but this sentence wasn't there

"She was my hopes and dreams
my whole world
I could believe

(..sentence here..)

But I still wanna know..."

etc, etc,

Piedude
07-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Oh, i think that bit always sounds like "Sin again again again", but the word probably isnt Sin

Venom Symbiote
07-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Crossroads - one of their best songs. Too bad the fuckhead non-fans have hijacked the Dex on Songs poll, voting for Gone Away and Lightning Rod and other disrespectful/mundane (respectively) shit.

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Crossroads - one of their best songs. Too bad the fuckhead non-fans have hijacked the Dex on Songs poll, voting for Gone Away and Lightning Rod and other disrespectful/mundane (respectively) shit.
You know what, I think exactly the same as you, even though those are great songs, I think the meaning is pretty obvious...

Venom Symbiote
07-16-2005, 07:42 PM
God yes.

I mean, so is Crossroads, but at least there's some meaty feedback to be had there. Not just "I don't wanna talk about it" (rightfully!) for Gone Away, and "It's about feeling pissed-off and helpless" for Lightning Rod.

What cunts.

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 07:49 PM
You speak wisely man, I'm impressed, really!

The fact that crossroads is a very old song, in the very beginning of their careers, awakes in me an enormous curiosity to know the motivations of Dexter to write that song. I think it's a very powerful song, with a deep feeling attached to it, one of the best ever, in my opinion. Anyway, it's in my best of CD :)

aeh20s
07-16-2005, 11:18 PM
i think its just "say it" or "sing it again, again, again"