PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring in Bogotá COLOMBIA

D@niel
10-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey, it's pretty cool that Offspring is playing in Colombia. I hope you guys play all or some of your classic songs because it's the first time you are in Colombia, and we had never saw you in concert. Be prepared because Bogotá is 2600 mts above the sea level, so you will have problems to breathe.

OK, see ya next friday

PD: Our country is written COLOMBIA, not COLUMBIA.

RobinoZombie
10-22-2004, 05:21 AM
hope you'll get A great time dude

elnegro1
10-23-2004, 08:40 PM
colOmbia not colUmbia. columbia is in USA. Colombia is in south america. im anxious for this concert. MOJIGANGA ES la puteria del concierto.

vr6power
10-26-2004, 01:41 PM
what about "Don't Pick It Up" from ixnay ? and like many others ... I don't beleive they actually hate it.

Anyways ... glad to hear that you're gonna make it all the way to Bogota to see them.... I'm flying all the way from Atlanta.. it's just a once in a life time thing in colombia! :D

LuH
10-26-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't think that they really hate ska! Just look who said that : Noodles and Dexter! They're always kidding in most of the intrevews... ;)

http://www.lulyelylu.weblogger.com.br In my weblog, there's a post explaining how was their concert here in Recife... I'm sure you'll understand if know spanish because it looks a little bit like portuguese... :D

selfrighteoussuicide
10-26-2004, 03:01 PM
what about "Don't Pick It Up" from ixnay ? and like many others ... I don't beleive they actually hate it.

Anyways ... glad to hear that you're gonna make it all the way to Bogota to see them.... I'm flying all the way from Atlanta.. it's just a once in a life time thing in colombia! :D

personally i think dont pick it up is one of their worst songs

RonWelty
10-26-2004, 03:02 PM
they are fuckers :P

Slayer
10-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Well mojiganga isn't just SKA, the play Ska-core, and they make it better than a bunch of US bands .. . I Live in Bogota, this friday is gonna be so fcking awesome, i've been waiting for this moment since 1997. . . . :p

Y con mojiganga!!! que mas se le puede pedir a la vida ???

La mejor banda de colombia, con la mejor banda del mundo!!!

D@niel
10-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Just 4 days for the concert. I couldn't believe when I first heard that they were coming here. By the way, why do you think they agreed to come to Colombia not Columbia? I think it's a bit strange. You know, Colombia's image is not that good. But anyway, I'm so amazed and excited. I'm from Medellín, and Bogota is like 8 hours far from here by bus. Despite of that, I'm ready to go, and I'll be on the way to Bogotá on Thursday at night. It's one of my biggest dream in life coming true this Friday. Hey offspring guys, if sometime you read it, I wanted to thank you. You are so great. I love your music.

Pues vaya en avión mija, deje de ser tacaña, solo vale $240.000

D@niel
10-28-2004, 01:46 AM
Pues parezca lo que parezca, yo conseguí ida y vuelta en bus en 45000. Así que olvidate pues. Además que no me pienso gastar mis ahorros de pasajes de todo este año que he hecho las caminadas más hijuep****, y sólo por llegar más rápido allá. De todas formas voy a llegar si Dios quiere, más lento pero al mismo objetivo, nené rico hijo de papi y mami. Shit!!!!, ah perdón, se me olvidaba, Gee!!!

Jajajajaja, ojalá no te vayas a quedar atascada en un derrumbe, que con este invierno abundan en la carretera Medellín-Bogotá, y peor aún ojala no llegues con el culo magallado por las 8 horas de viaje. Y también hagamos fuerza porque no llueva en el campin ese dia, porque en Bogotá está haciendo un frio el hijuep....... y encima lloviendo.

Bueno, yo al menos voy comodo en avión, me gasté mucha plata y quedé pobre pero The Offspring lo vale

Slayer
10-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Paz muchachos. . . . no importa como putas lleguemos (aunque 45000 ida y vuelta ? :confused: . . esta como barato ), el hecho es que estemos hoy en el campin, aguantándonos la lluvia que azota la ciudad como desde hace. . . un mes ? :), pero el dia lo vale. . . esto es un evento que no se va a repetir jamas, y que muchos hemos estado esperando buena parte de nuestras vidas.

"Alla te espero"

:cool:

Slayer
10-29-2004, 04:55 AM
"Entre gustos no hay disgustos" dicen por ahí, ¿no? Nos vemos por allá (aunque no lo sepamos:rolleyes: ) PEACE OUT!

entonces cual es la mejor banda del pais ? :cool:

windom
10-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Hello everybody, I just enjoyed the Offspring concert in the stadium El Campín in Bogotá, and got satisfied with the show despite having played just an hour and 20 minutes, here is the played songs list:

Neocon (excellent opening for concerts!) :)
The Noose
All I Want
Come Out And Play
Long Way Home
Hit That
Gone Away
The Worst Hangover Ever
Have You Ever
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Spare Me The Details
Want You Bad
Da Hui
Why Don't Yuo Get A Job
Americana
Staring At The Sun
The Kids Aren't Alright
Pretty Fly [For A White Guy]
(Fake leaving, then returned with a song full of "Let's Go" and "Let's Get Rocked", the only thing I'm sure is that it's not an Offspring song) :confused:
[can't Get My] Head Around You
Self Esteem
(Goodbye with the background sound of "When You're In Prison")
(Leaving the stadium with the background music from the last part of "Pay The Man" from Americana, and a long version of the Ixnay On The Hombre's "Intermission").

Well, that's all I can say, so goodbye.

mauro2029
10-30-2004, 04:52 AM
Estuvo muy bueno el concierto... pa que. Logré estar como en tercera fila en frente de Dexter por la mayoría del concierto. Ah y bueno conocí al grupo, me firmaron mi Smash y me tomé unas fotos con ellos. Con tal mala suerte q bote la camará... :( pero bueno, ahi otro man tambien me tomo fotos, tengo que llamarlo.

For those who don't speak spanish:

The show was awesome. I manage to move up to like the third row right up in front of Dexter for the most part of the show. Oh and I met the guys, they signed my Smash Album and I had some pictures taken with them. With such rotten luck that I lost my camera...:( anyway, some other guy also took some pics of me, gotta call him.

RonWelty
10-30-2004, 06:32 AM
good setlist ...fuck here in portugal there was no backstage ..in barcelona too :(

Leo_ARG
10-30-2004, 07:43 AM
(Fake leaving, then returned with a song full of "Let's Go" and "Let's Get Rocked", the only thing I'm sure is that it's not an Offspring song) :confused:

HEHEE!!

That's hey ho let's go!Blitkrieg Bop.A Ramones song...

Phew...this younsgters...

RonWelty
10-30-2004, 07:48 AM
metallica did a cover of that song right? i or rob zombie? i have that cd anyway ... 15 euros :S

Mekanos
10-30-2004, 12:57 PM
I was yesterday at the Campin Stadium (in the best location) watching for the first time ever The Offspring in concert. It was AMAZING! Their live sound is really, really good so for me that myth that The Offspring is not the same live that in the studio is over.

Every song was excellent and for me, when they started playing Come out and Play it was... I really can´t describe it! Also, the fact that Dexter spoke some words in Spanish, Noddles wearing on his head (and playing a song with it) a colombian hat known as "sombrero vueltiao" as he said "Soy guapísimo" (I´m very handsome) and drinking Colombia´s premium beer "Club Colombia", gave the concert a boost for us, the colombian people. We were waiting this concert for a LONG while and, really, it was worth the money that I invest (it was not a cost) and the long time outside the stadium and inside waiting for the band.

Lets hope this experience encourages other important bands to come to our country (we didn´t have a concert of this level since Metallica ´98, well we also had some time after Los Fabulosos Cadillacs from Argentina!).

Thanks to Dexter, Noodles, Greg K, Atom and X-13 (by the way, what is that instrument with skulls that he played?). Hope to see you again!!!

juanchotol
10-30-2004, 06:15 PM
concert in bogota was great, i hope they come again, the play really amazing, and close with one of most incredible song self steem, thanks really to offspring, all the crew and the people who brought them.
you were amazing thanks a lot, that is what we need in this country, good music.....

estubieron de puta madre....

the black butterfly
10-30-2004, 06:29 PM
when did the offspring last tour australia and are the planing to again anytime soon?

mauro2029
10-31-2004, 11:21 AM
Marica que concierto tan del putas!!

windom
10-31-2004, 05:08 PM
HEHEE!!

That's hey ho let's go!Blitkrieg Bop.A Ramones song...

Phew...this younsgters...
Thanks for the data, man, I didn't know much more Ramones songs beyond "I Wanna Be Sedated" and "Rock N' Roll High School".

Blitzkrieg Bop... will they release this cover in a record? It would not be rare.

windom
10-31-2004, 05:17 PM
I was yesterday at the Campin Stadium (in the best location) watching for the first time ever The Offspring in concert. It was AMAZING! Their live sound is really, really good so for me that myth that The Offspring is not the same live that in the studio is over.

Every song was excellent and for me, when they started playing Come out and Play it was... I really can´t describe it! Also, the fact that Dexter spoke some words in Spanish, Noddles wearing on his head (and playing a song with it) a colombian hat known as "sombrero vueltiao" as he said "Soy guapísimo" (I´m very handsome) and drinking Colombia´s premium beer "Club Colombia", gave the concert a boost for us, the colombian people. We were waiting this concert for a LONG while and, really, it was worth the money that I invest (it was not a cost) and the long time outside the stadium and inside waiting for the band.

Lets hope this experience encourages other important bands to come to our country (we didn´t have a concert of this level since Metallica ´98, well we also had some time after Los Fabulosos Cadillacs from Argentina!).

Thanks to Dexter, Noodles, Greg K, Atom and X-13 (by the way, what is that instrument with skulls that he played?). Hope to see you again!!!

I also can remember some of the phrases in Spanish the band said to introduce themselves:

-Buenas noches!
(Good night!)

-(as fas as I remember) Esta es nuestra primera vez... en Colombia!
(This is our first time in Colombia!)

-Bogotá es de puta madre!
((How can I translate this better?) Bogotá is bitch-mother like!)

(2004 nov 11) And now I leave you with the corrected Bogota setlist:

Neocon
The Noose
All I Want
Come Out And Play
Long Way Home
Hit That
Gone Away
The Worst Hangover Ever
Have You Ever
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Spare Me The Details
Want You Bad
Da Hui
Why Don't Yuo Get A Job
Americana
Staring At The Sun
The Kids Aren't Alright
Pretty Fly [For A White Guy]
(Fake goodbye, then return)

Blitzkrieg Bop (cover - originally by The Ramones)
[Can't Get My] Head Around You
Self Esteem
(Goodbye with the background sound of "When You're In Prison")
(Leaving the stadium with the background music from the last part of "Pay The Man" from Americana (the Ranchera sounds), and a long version of the Ixnay On The Hombre's "Intermission").