PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing about the old board

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 07:21 AM
This is for people to reminisce about the old board, the white one with the Americana bug thing in the corner. The original Fan Corner and Albums & Songs.

Does anyone remember back when it was apparently very controversial to call Davey Havoc gay?

Or when Totemwhatever guy made a splash by calling all religions evil.

Or the bizarre ass alliances and shit. And the really stupid survivor-album topics.

ah yes, those were the days.

JoY
11-14-2004, 07:39 AM
I remember that. mostly from the days I wasn't a member yet, but looked over wliethof's shoulder at what he was doing behind the computer.

...holy.. that's one long while ago.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Yes it all started about 5 years ago. That's more than 1/4th of my life spent being a member of this bbs.

It seems like ages ago. It's amazing how much I've changed in 5 years.

Lolly
11-14-2004, 08:37 AM
This is for people to reminisce about the old board, the white one with the Americana bug thing in the corner. The original Fan Corner and Albums & Songs.

Does anyone remember back when it was apparently very controversial to call Davey Havoc gay?

Or when Totemwhatever guy made a splash by calling all religions evil.

Or the bizarre ass alliances and shit. And the really stupid survivor-album topics.

ah yes, those were the days.

What is reminisce???

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Think of the East German "Ostalgie".

It's kind of like that, but for the Offspring.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Does anyone remember when that girl (forgot her name) wrote that Offspring story and it was really good and she would update the story every now and then. Thats was a few years back.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 08:41 AM
I remember that. It was alright, but kinda lame as well. But then again fan-fiction always is. So for the genre I'd say it was well done.

Andy
11-14-2004, 08:58 AM
i remember the little relationship i had with Scared_Wolf (where is he anyway?)

Lolly
11-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Häßlich, häßlich,

Linda
11-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Yes it all started about 5 years ago. That's more than 1/4th of my life spent being a member of this bbs.

It seems like ages ago. It's amazing how much I've changed in 5 years.

It's changed? I don't see where it's changed so much.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Im trying to remember my old username.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-14-2004, 09:08 AM
and there was those anoying girls who made a thread about kidnapping the offspring.

Lolly
11-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Perhaps it was Sucker

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 09:11 AM
It's changed? I don't see where it's changed so much.
You misread my post. Please re-read it to get the correct meaning.

Linda
11-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Ohhhhhhhh, I'm sorry! I just woke up! Please forgive me. :p

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Forgiven. :p

Linda
11-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks! :D

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Does anyone remember when that girl (forgot her name) wrote that Offspring story and it was really good and she would update the story every now and then. Thats was a few years back.

I think Outsiderlivinginamericana used to post stories. I liked that girl. Anyone knows where she is?

JoY
11-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Richard was great. a real nice guy overal. I wonder where he is too, but he already started posting less to not at all anymore on the old board. I hope he's okay.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 09:39 AM
I think Outsiderlivinginamericana used to post stories. I liked that girl. Anyone knows where she is?

I think she's living in America.

haha I'm funny.

wliethof
11-14-2004, 10:28 AM
yeah I remember bbs survivor and the weird army. the battles between afi and offspring forums and calling davey havoc gay.

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2004, 10:48 AM
I think she's living in America.

haha I'm funny.

Oh, thank you. That helps a lot. *spanks*

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Why doesn't it surprise me that a nihilist would be into spanking?

Vera
11-14-2004, 11:05 AM
You either mean this girl whose name was Outsider_living_in_Americana and on the AFI board she was Outsider_Marshmallow or something like that. Her stories were kickass from what I remember. Especially the Offspring in X-Files-story. Haha.

Or then you mean a girl called Amz who used to write stories. Hers were also good, but I didn't read much of them.

Those girls were inspiring. Hehe.

The last I heard from Outsider was that the Army was paying for her studies or something like that. And that she'd written some AFI fanfiction that was on Fanfiction.net (back in the days when Fanfiction.net accepted real person fiction). But I haven't seen her on AIM for around 2 yrs so I guess she's either disappeared or changed her nick names altogether.

Oh well. But her stories were good.

Have no idea about Amz.

SpongeBob
11-14-2004, 11:08 AM
ahh yes, i remember Insane Cow and the ongoing saga's of the SPA. that was fun. and i remember Cherry Slurpy and Little Dave and how much the boards suck without them...
and i remember how Sunny would always post threads about her day with little links to pictures and stuff.
and who was that super annoying chick that posted like a million times a day and was really irritating and everyone just wanted to murder her? i forget her name.
i remember all the "post your friends" lists, where everyone posted their "friends" s/n's and whoever didn't get on the lists would moan and feel dejected.
and the msn communities pictures site where everyone would post their pics...
and the self absorbed questionarres that were like a whole page length long for each person, so no one would actually read anyone elses, but everyone would do their own hoping that other people would read it.
and i remember meeting calichixgethigh? in person after meeting her here.
yeah. thats about it.

SpongeBob
11-14-2004, 11:10 AM
oh, and of course, those were the days that sKratch was my lesbian partner... the good old days.

Kayleigh
11-14-2004, 11:37 AM
and there was those anoying girls who made a thread about kidnapping the offspring.

That was me. Ahaha.

Noodles mentioned the kidnap plans in the tour diary. We were very excited.

Little_Miss_1565
11-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Alliances? Is this one of those things where I don't know about these because no one was my ally?...

Remember when the band used to post? That was pretty damn cool. My pre-licensed to drive self used to tingle with glee when Noodles would respond to my posts. Even though I am an old lady now, I think another round of Noodles posts might cause a relapse of the same.

Endymion
11-14-2004, 12:00 PM
i tried to stay out of that whole semi-powerful army thing...

Vera
11-14-2004, 12:05 PM
I was never a part of that, either. Had no idea why it was supposed to be so goddamn cool.

Vera
11-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Flooding but I have to mention this. Remember when Offspring pulled that stunt of stealing G'n'R's album title (I forget what the title is) and all these GnR fans would show up on the BBS and be all "Offspring are such assholes!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:!!!"?

Hahahaha, those were the days and then everyone would just laugh at the GnR fans and they would just keep coming and everyone just kept laughing at them and mocking Axl and hahahaha.

That was fucking ace, man, fucking ace. I do hope they come back someday.

eye_pennies
11-14-2004, 12:14 PM
*shrug* I was not part if the army either. But I remember all the fanfiction and the BBS members stories and the "Who are your friends?" lists.. and I remember all the sleepless nights I spent, crying because I was on no ones list.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Remember when the band used to post? That was pretty damn cool. My pre-licensed to drive self used to tingle with glee when Noodles would respond to my posts. Even though I am an old lady now, I think another round of Noodles posts might cause a relapse of the same.

Ah yes I remember those times. At one point I was trying to take over the board, and was competing with some other guy. To which dexter commented "well wheelchairman has a better name."

I think I printed that out. I wonder where that paper is now.

Vera, ah yes, but do you remember when the Offspring put out that Original Prankster song on the internet for free. And it pissed off all the Smashing Pumpkin Fans because apparently that was something the Pumpkins' did first. And some guy claiming to be Billy Corgan came and bitched to us. And then Coolguy got upset and decided he might spam their board, which upset Dexsgirl because she was a member of that board as well and didn't want it to be spammed.

Interesting times.

Re-reading this post, I now realize that no one had good screennames back then.

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 12:18 PM
I remember that someone ( I think it was Kill the president or something like that) wrote a Fan-fiction once, I can't remember the story through. I also remember the threads about "your friends on the BBS" :D

fairy call
11-14-2004, 12:33 PM
I remember the topic about the dogs. You had to replace words in offspring songs by dog, it was really funny :D and then someone came up with "bad rabbit" I think that was Tijs' topic
But thats not that long ago really

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 12:37 PM
I remember that too :D It was on the first Splinter bbs with our great Web_Dude.

fairy call
11-14-2004, 12:41 PM
ugh webdude, bad bad memories :)
I only posted a few months on the one with the red and white, and then it changed into the other one, which is old too now

Endymion
11-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Re-reading this post, I now realize that no one had good screennames back then.
-----
LIES!

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 12:43 PM
ugh webdude, bad bad memories :)
I only posted a few months on the one with the red and white, and then it changed into the other one, which is old too now

What was your nickname back then? Maybe I remember you even if you didn't post a lot.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Non! This is a topic for reminiscing about the old red&white bbs. If you wish to reminisce about the Splinter bbs, make your own topic.

*elitism*

fairy call
11-14-2004, 12:53 PM
I posted a few times under the name "pukkie" i think
and then it was Julie, and now its fairy call cause someone already took my name

Oh and my avatar was the cover of ...and out come the wolves, and my sig was this distillers logo, but first it was something blue and white, drawn by chiho aoshima

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 12:55 PM
I posted a few times under the name "pukkie" i think
and then it was Julie, and now its fairy call cause someone already took my name

I remember the nickname pukkie. I had the name valerie on the red & white bbs.

Sorry Wheelchairman, it's the last time I talk about that board =D

fairy call
11-14-2004, 12:56 PM
oh I remember someone called valerie!

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Really? that's cool. Sometimes I can't believe it's been since 2001 I'm on The Offspring bbs lol :D

fairy call
11-14-2004, 01:04 PM
I remember everyone had like a massive amount of posts when I first joined the board. And there didn't seem to be so much new people and irritating people either. And for some reason, I still remember tizz having new glasses, the pink ones. :confused:

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 01:06 PM
massive amount of posts, haha... that reminds me that some people had more than 10 000 posts.

Izie
11-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, the person with the most posts was Dexsgirl if I remember correctly.

I remember psyco's comics... Man, those were cool. I think I was a part of the semi-powerful army... For a very short time. I loved the old surveys that we posted there (just like the ones people post in LJs now).

Does anyone remember SickBoy? He was strange.

And how come no one mentioned Matt Vore yet?

And hacking the board... And the many BBS couples we had back then... And I remember a lot of depressed/cutting people posting... And how pictures were such a big deal and we didn't really know how people looked...

And of course, teenyboppering... I did my share of that...

And I remeber the Dutch twins, I wouln't have remembered the names but I saw it on the drawing someone posted: Geek and Carnage.

Haha, and Rhino, and his site... I remember it because if you search "Izie" in google, but only for pictures, the first thing you get actually ARE my pictures... Hihihihi

I have a good memory,yet I can't believe i remember all of this about the BBS. Damn.

HornyPope
11-14-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm old school. Make way, coming through.

Remember 777offspring and his ??? games? Not that I played any.

Remember Sic said he will play basketball for French national team one day?

Remember the period of mods and their shortspan? 1565, DG, Kira and Going95. Then z_911. But of course I was the supreme ruler with my admin skillz.

Remember when we changed the BBS colours and proclaimed a revolution?

Remember when the FBI or Secret Service paid us a visit and actually made WebDude ban someone because they were dissing G.W. I too got banned... for the third time.

Remember when I made my own religion and my idol - Chipita? I was the original God you fucking wannabees.

Remember when DG said she was the head chearleader? And had an IQ of 192. or was it 196? Man did I have a field day.

Remember when WebDude showed a pic of his ass?

Remember Jesus/Ken and the fake Greg_K?

Eh, I can keep on going. Can insult a whole lotta people too, but why bother?

Izie
11-14-2004, 02:23 PM
I remember around 70% of those things hihi

HornyPope
11-14-2004, 02:28 PM
That's cause you're not old-school enough. Duh.

Here's a classic:

http://www.geocities.com/conspiracyone1/hax0r.htm

Fuckinghardcore. Awesome colours too!

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
It was 77Offspring, and I think she was a girl. I have no idea though. I despised those games for reasons I no longer remember.

Hornypope, what was the deal with that admin. power you had? I never really understood that.

The original bbs religion was started by a guy named Brandon, called it Brandonanity. DG was his first member. Then I started Wheelchairmanaism. I proceeded to crush Brandon and his gang and Dexsgirl joined my side. Then I did a long period of really stupid wheelchairmanaist things. Upon years later I got the intelligence to drop it all together.

I remember the webdude ass thing.

I wish we still had webdude. Purely because nothing perfect is ever perfect.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 02:33 PM

Here's a classic:

http://www.geocities.com/conspiracyone1/hax0r.htm

Fuckinghardcore. Awesome colours too!
haha yes yes this was much more hardcore indeed. A pity it's returned to the reactionary old bbs style.

HornyPope
11-14-2004, 02:36 PM
No, my religion was before Brandon. You just probably don't remember or didn't post in this particular period of time because you were often gone from the board. Like remember when you came back under MikeyMarx or something? Haha. What a fag. But i'm sure my Chipita preceeds it all. Tell 'em 1565. I'm sure you should remember it!

As for the admin stuff, eh, it's a long story. I never really told anyone the full story.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 02:40 PM
hmm mickeymarx would be one of my email addresses. I don't think I'd use it as a screenname since it isn't particular good.

Anyways I only remember that Chipita thing towards the end of the BBS. But I could be wrong. I only posted in A&S.

Weren't you posting as Caligula for a while? Hornypope was a better name.

So are you ever gonna give us even a glimpse on the whole admin. thing?

Izie
11-14-2004, 02:41 PM

I know. But I don't care much, I'm still more old-school than most people around here now :p

HornyPope
11-14-2004, 02:52 PM
hmm mickeymarx would be one of my email addresses. I don't think I'd use it as a screenname since it isn't particular good.

Oh but you have. I remember FOD, I and a few others in the "debate" we held.

Anyways I only remember that Chipita thing towards the end of the BBS. But I could be wrong. I only posted in A&S.

Everyone posted in A&S before '01. By everyone I mean all the cool people. By all the cool people I mean myself. But I remember it had a big traffic at one point. That's when I unveiled my Chipita. I'm pretty sure it was before everyone else. We can always ask Brandon. Did you know he's a roomate with Going95/Twisted by Design in the Santa Cruz college- UCSC?

Weren't you posting as Caligula for a while? Hornypope was a better name.

I was, when HornyPope got banned. Caligula rocks. HP is just more original.

So are you ever gonna give us even a glimpse on the whole admin. thing?

Maybe one day. I'll have to write a cool story about it wherein I glorify my noble efforts.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Oh but you have. I remember FOD, I and a few others in the "debate" we held.
I honestly don't remember that. Doesn't surprise me though. I also remember at one point some guy started spamming or something, so I made a very typical and dramatic exit, and chose the lame-ass name, Mr. Lostsouls or something. Then I basically went back and forth replying to all the old wheelchairman posts because I just wanted people to pay attention to my dramatic exit. ah yes to be 14 again.

Everyone posted in A&S before '01. By everyone I mean all the cool people. By all the cool people I mean myself. But I remember it had a big traffic at one point. That's when I unveiled my Chipita. I'm pretty sure it was before everyone else. We can always ask Brandon. Did you know he's a roomate with Going95/Twisted by Design in the Santa Cruz college- UCSC?

I had heard that Going95 had left at some point to live with his girlfriend. I heard this years ago though. I had no idea about where he is, or what he's doing now. I remember that he supported Bush in the 2000 elections. Perhaps we shold ask Brandon then. Total flashback moment.

It was on Going95's board we all backstabbed Coolguy and drove him insane, well at least offline.

Maybe one day. I'll have to write a cool story about it wherein I glorify my noble efforts.
I look forward to it. What happened to your essential Orwell posts?

HornyPope
11-14-2004, 03:16 PM
I had heard that Going95 had left at some point to live with his girlfriend.

He never had a girlfiend. He did fly to England to visit a "female friend" though. But he always remained in Cali since 2000. And he never supported Bush. He was prolly fucking around.

What happened to your essential Orwell posts?

I'll get to them eventually. It's always good stuff.

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 03:17 PM
oh then maybe it was DG who supported Bush. All I know is that they didn't agree.

SicN Twisted
11-14-2004, 03:36 PM
ANyone remember how me, HP, and Twisted by Design went commando and took over the bbs?

HornyPope
11-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Scroll up fag. Of course people remember.

Here's to you:

www.geocities.com/conspiracyone1/poem.htm

Eccentric Sara
11-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Aw,the old black and white board! Pure nostalgia!!!!:D I didn't join til Spring 2002 though,so I don't think I count as one of the "old school" people.

Chris
11-14-2004, 05:30 PM
most of the names are familiar although im a little hazy remembering many things that happened, mainly cos I loitered in A&S for my first year or so. I remember wcm's spamming spree, and alot of the fan fiction and older uk members but all the fun was in fan corner it seems.

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 05:33 PM
most of the names are familiar although im a little hazy remembering many things that happened, mainly cos I loitered in A&S for my first year or so. I remember wcm's spamming spree, and alot of the fan fiction and older uk members but all the fun was in fan corner it seems.

Was your avatar a blury image of a guitar?

Chris
11-14-2004, 05:37 PM
nah, I can't even remember using an avatar (probably as they were disabled along with most other things) - I joined in june '01 after viewing for awhile without registering

Eccentric Sara
11-14-2004, 05:53 PM
It was only by chance that I joined. I happened to be in a uni computer room and bored between lectures!

Rag Doll
11-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Remember when DG said she was the head chearleader? And had an IQ of 192. or was it 196? Man did I have a field day.

Actually, I was. No bullshit at all. You don't have to believe me...but it is indeed true. =p

And I actually had a field day with the IQ thing, because I knew it was a bunch of bs, yet quite a few people did believe me...or claimed to. Amusing nonetheless. Though, you didn't believe I took my SATs in middle school...which was again true, though a lot of kids do...they just don't usually score very well.

And Izie, I didn't have the most posts, or anywhere near, after Tizz & Joy joined. I think other people had more than me as well. I bet Joey did with all his accounts combined.

WCM, I was never a Bush supporter. It hurts me to hear you say that. =(

and steven-nooo...or whatever his username was, and his porn. that was....annoying.

and there were so many impersonators that used to be on here. Like of Going95 and whatever.

I don't remember that much unless it's mentioned, really...then I'm like "oh yeahhhh".

Fej87
11-14-2004, 07:12 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://bbs.offspring.com

DirtyMagical
11-14-2004, 07:43 PM
I remember when Noodles used to get drunk and spam the bbs.... that was rather amuzing actually, at first some people were freaking out, and then no one even bothered to pay attention.

Tired_Of_You
11-14-2004, 07:45 PM

ooh, the good old red and white bbs :)
And I guess everyone here remember of Mariza Hannam :D

Fej87
11-14-2004, 07:53 PM
HAHAHA! Thats why I couldn't register for so long!

Betty
11-14-2004, 09:54 PM
I remember when I first joined, I believe there was a board different than the red and white one, although still for Americana. And the two first people I remember are 1565 and Bratpunkgirl...

And I know that Matt Vore has been mentionned, but I don't think Spork has...

And that stupid "Ixnay can you click here again" thread or whatever...

Little_Miss_1565
11-14-2004, 10:22 PM
No, my religion was before Brandon. You just probably don't remember or didn't post in this particular period of time because you were often gone from the board. Like remember when you came back under MikeyMarx or something? Haha. What a fag. But i'm sure my Chipita preceeds it all. Tell 'em 1565. I'm sure you should remember it!

As for the admin stuff, eh, it's a long story. I never really told anyone the full story.

Ah yes, Chipita. Yes, I will attest to it being the first.

Good fucking god, that whole moderators debacle. Waking up one morning to visit the boards for what I thought would be the last time in awhile, and then seeing my name atop the General Chat forum as moderator...Were we there as figureheads in the post-Secret Service BBS, or were we actually supposed to do something? Too bad I had no fucking clue what was going on. Though really, did any of us? No, seriously, was I the only one?

Pope, I'd love to hear this long admin story. I was a very confused young teenager. She would appreciate it if you could unconfuse her retroactively.

ANyone remember how me, HP, and Twisted by Design went commando and took over the bbs?

You took over the boards with the power of...not wearing underpants? ;) Sorry, couldn't resist. When it gets set up, I have to take it.

Izie
11-14-2004, 10:47 PM
And Izie, I didn't have the most posts, or anywhere near, after Tizz & Joy joined. I think other people had more than me as well. I bet Joey did with all his accounts combined.

Yeah, but you were the first, and everyone went like "OMG I can't believe how much posts she had" and then went on random spamming sprees to have more posts.

One dude opened topics where only he posted and they had lotsa replies... I just don't remember his name :/

BREAK
11-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Ahhhh, memories.

- That dumb bitch magma who used to have the most posts(because the bulk of her posts consisted of a single smilie), before being completely dwarfed by the insane number of posts DG was racking up
- Going95 creating the "Band survivor" game, which later spawned a spinoff of said game by Nasty Little Man(don't remember what that one was about, though)
- Sycobob being a total dumbass
- TripBoy making posts about doing drugs & drinking so we would all know how hardcore he was
- jonte. A stupid foreign motherfucker.
- JohnnyCarcinogen, a musically-elitist asshole who's favorite band was Anal Cunt(& people thinking that him & SicN Twisted were the same person)
- PunkerThanYou & his 10,000,000 catchphrases
- Daemon & Ubermonkey
- I can't remember anything else
- Apparently I didn't do anything memorable back in the day

Endymion
11-14-2004, 11:10 PM
anal cunt are such a talented band.

SpongeBob
11-14-2004, 11:14 PM
ahh yes, and i remember endy being known as the genius...

heh. he.

Eccentric Sara
11-14-2004, 11:24 PM
I don't remember actual threads/topics from "back in the day", I just remember ppl,and the kinds of things they used to say in general. Jake,I just remember you being into loads and loads of different bands.No change there,then!!!!:)

wheelchairman
11-14-2004, 11:32 PM
WCM, I was never a Bush supporter. It hurts me to hear you say that. =(

nah don't worry about it. That was a point in time where I was saying Dick Cheney would make a better Vice President than Joe Lieberman (although to a point I would still defend that....)

All I know is that you two had opposite views. And we all repeated that campaign joke thing over and over again

"My father wears pants."
"I invented pants."

BREAK
11-14-2004, 11:34 PM
anal cunt are such a talented band.

W3rd, it takes amazing talent to write lyrics such as these:

If You Don't Like The Village People, You're Fucking Gay

Jacques Morali wrote the heaviest music ever
Glenn Hughes had a deeper voice than Will from Mortician
He wore chains before Slayer and Venom
Jacques Morali was portrayed by Steve Guttenberg

[Chorus 1:]
If you don't like the Village people- you're fucking gay
If you think Jeff Olson was better cowboy- you're fucking gay
If you think Ray Simpson was a better cop- you're fucking gay
If you think Y.M.C.A. was their best song- you're fucking gay

All death metal songs were ripped off from Village People
"Evil dead" by Death is actually "Liberation" from the Village People
Will Rahmer looks like he should be in the Village People
No, Morbid Florist wasn't a reference to Will Rahmer

[Chorus 2:]
If you think Death were good after their demos- you're fucking gay
If you think rape is wrong- you're fucking gay
If you think the holocaust wasn't funny- you're fucking gay
If you think of Hellhammer as the drummer of Mayhem- you're fucking gay

Y-O-U-R-E-G-A-Y You're gay

Oh yeah, anybody remember You? The guy who used to end every single post with "Piss."? And boys_are_mean? She was in love with that stupid Australian fuckhead Formaldehyde, I think.

Ooh, and YouRgasm? Man, that dude was cool.

Endymion
11-14-2004, 11:39 PM
ahh yes, and i remember endy being known as the genius...

heh. he.

you mean i'm not anymore?

i have refined my tastes...

i'm currently researching under the broad umbrella of "complexity" with particular focus in digital organisms (via avida and tierra), modeling dynamic macrosystems with cellular automata (traffic flow, mostly), algorithmic information theory, information theory, entropy, digital physics, coding, pulse computing, reversible computing, holography...

currently i'm set to have a BS in physics next fall, or i could push that back a semester and get minors in both math and computer science, which is what i'll probably do.

Moose
11-14-2004, 11:46 PM
all i know is i was like member 149 and then after a while the bbs wouldnt work for me anymore and that sucked, i also remember there was a time everyone hated my signature because it said something like everyone is trendy and trying not to be trendy is the most trendy thing of all or some shit like that, it was funny, i added the everyone is a trendy after a bunch of people hated the other signature...ya....im still an asshole.

HornyPope
11-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Actually, I was. No bullshit at all. You don't have to believe me...but it is indeed true. =p

I'm sorry, i'm not very familiar with the American cherleading system, but I was under the impression they're supposed to be pretty and slim.

Though, you didn't believe I took my SATs in middle school...which was again true

Again, i'm not too familiar with American schools (this time sans le tongue in cheek), so i'll buy this one.

and steven-nooo...or whatever his username was, and his porn. that was....annoying.

Yeah, yanks-suck.com . Back when html was enabled. Funny the site is still on. Wonder if they will remember us at their message boards. Haha.

Ah yes, Chipita. Yes, I will attest to it being the first.

Victory! I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!

Pope, I'd love to hear this long admin story. I was a very confused young teenager. She would appreciate it if you could unconfuse her retroactively.

I assure you it's much less fun than I make it to be. Must be the suspense built-up.

Little_Miss_1565
11-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Well, if it's not fun, then out with it! Nothing to lose.

Also, I took my SAT's in middle school too, 6th grade to be exact, so I can attest that Rags speaks the truth. I saw no point in ever doing it again so I ignored the 'invitations' for 7th and 8th grade. Yes, we invite you to waste three hours of your life on a test you'll have to take in high school to get into college! L'ame.

Faded Soul
11-15-2004, 08:20 AM
ahh yes, i remember Insane Cow and the ongoing saga's of the SPA. that was fun. and i remember Cherry Slurpy and Little Dave and how much the boards suck without them...
and i remember how Sunny would always post threads about her day with little links to pictures and stuff.
and who was that super annoying chick that posted like a million times a day and was really irritating and everyone just wanted to murder her? i forget her name.
i remember all the "post your friends" lists, where everyone posted their "friends" s/n's and whoever didn't get on the lists would moan and feel dejected.
and the msn communities pictures site where everyone would post their pics...
and the self absorbed questionarres that were like a whole page length long for each person, so no one would actually read anyone elses, but everyone would do their own hoping that other people would read it.
and i remember meeting calichixgethigh? in person after meeting her here.
yeah. thats about it.

OMG INSANE COW!!! haha for a while there, I thought you were Insane Cow....that grew up, matured and got her mind back!! ha

CJ and Dave....Oh dear god..lol that saga, was....well..kinda crazy (if you know the whole story, you should know what I mean) lol

And Sycobob....dear god..that kid...lmao And Going....geeze, I sorta almost miss their insults.

I remember when I used to hate DG(aka Ragdoll) and we'd have wars and such. hehe now we're pretty good friends. :)

I remember when HP switched over to the name Caligula, because his HP name was banned. I remember when he hacked the board. that was fun.

the BBS couples...they'd post about how they couldn't wait to meet..and say how much they loved each other....mushy crap...ewww lol

PiroSk8er and Outsider's stories....Psy's cartoons...funny. hehe

Sexy Panda
11-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Jesus so much shit that I had forgotten about. Those were the days.

I'd always wondered about HP's admin powers too. I just assumed that he hacked in (not knowing anything about hacking it seems plausible enough).

Betty
11-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Oh man, I totally forgot about the "You" character... I think I was a pretty big fan though. I always love the people who cause conflict. Well, not the really dumb ones.

I remember some of the guys would have, like, rapping competitions (Break and Trip?)

Sexy Panda
11-15-2004, 10:03 PM
'You' was alright, but he lost his edge and became irrelevent. He tried a comeback but his niche had already been taken up by others.

Nepthys
11-16-2004, 09:59 AM
the red\white board really was a great place!

i remember amz's stories. at the time i tought them to be fantastic. everyone was waiting for her to finish the second one, but she never did.

and that stupid girlnextdoor/sexmachine person who was spamming all over the place

and the invasion of people from the afi board

and when the hackers gave everyone custom member titles

and when wheelchairman and some other people were trying to conquer all of the subforums

and the survivor games and counting thread

and of course lots and lots of other things
ah, the memories... ;)

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Was it Mad Cow who made that army thing? I remember that.

And the huge topic with "ixnay" in the title. That was weird.

I still like to reminisce, even though I only joined in Feb 2002. Am I allowed to post in here? =P

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Hmmm sure.

But I don't remember very flattering things about your early years there.

I remember you once asked me for some books on Communism and the USSR. How did that report go? If I may ask, what's your political orientation now?

Little_Miss_1565
11-16-2004, 10:24 AM
'You' was alright, but he lost his edge and became irrelevent. He tried a comeback but his niche had already been taken up by others.

Yeah, if you can call setting his sights on me a comeback. A misguided effort, as I wasn't even posting very much at that point. I remember him being absolutely convinced that I gave a shit about anything he had to say, which of course was wrong. And then he left.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Hmmm sure.

But I don't remember very flattering things about your early years there.

Yeah, I get the impression a lot of people didn't like me. But I was 14, cut me some slack.

"I remember you once asked me for some books on Communism and the USSR. How did that report go? If I may ask, what's your political orientation now?"

The report went well, but it ended up being more historically based than politically based. I got an A though, my teacher was impressed.

And as for my political orientation, I don't really have one. I still believe in capitalism in principle. Marxism hasn't really been able to sway me yet.

Tizzalicious
11-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Aaargh. All my way too personal crap got archived.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Remember that disabled dude? This wasn't exactly old school but was still quite good.

"I'm disabled. But I don't want any sympathy. Although I am disabled. But don't worry about it. Did I mention I'm disabled?"

JoY
11-16-2004, 11:21 AM
"and that stupid girlnextdoor/sexmachine person who was spamming all over the place"

oh goodness, she was one annoying piece of crap. but amusing in a disturbed, strange way.

Tizz - my fucking god, we were the worst hair-pulling, nail-scratching, bitch-slapping babes I'll ever hope to encounter. but now actually.... those days make me giggle. to think that we directed all our energy at the wrong persons in our lives, meaning each other, & that we actually spread our crappy shit all over a public message board.. how fucking foolish was that??

Tizzalicious
11-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Bella, I hope THAT didn't get archived!!

But there's a post by me called: "I just lost my boyfriend and my best friend" which is there =/

Didn't lose the best friend after all tho! The boyfriend I did...but hey...tsk. =/

JoY
11-16-2004, 11:36 AM
good riddance has never been more appropriate. you don't only deserve the cherry on the cake, but the cake with it.
...especially now you're so thin & all. ;p

where are the archived threads?? is there anything embarrassing about me archived? like fifty thousand drunk posts?

Tizzalicious
11-16-2004, 11:50 AM

There they are! Some of the topics work...some don't...

Hmmm I get to have the cherry and the cake...have to find one first tho...

JoY
11-16-2004, 12:00 PM
DWOST! she's eye_pennies now, right??
oh god, I finally figured it out!!!! ..I think.

Vera
11-16-2004, 12:02 PM
I remember some of the guys would have, like, rapping competitions (Break and Trip?)
Break & Sic? Sic & Trip?

I remember Sic and Trip having extensive arguments about drugs, where Trip would pretend he's used all kinds of shit and Sic would drool over him like, "you're so cool because you've used so much junk" and then pretend he's used all those drugs and even more.

JoY
11-16-2004, 12:04 PM
hey kewl. in Spetember 2002 I was already known as Joy//Sunshine*. but nothing interesting will open anyway.

Vera
11-16-2004, 12:29 PM
I loooove Web Archives.

*revisits all her old posts and giggles*

JoY
11-16-2004, 12:31 PM
but.. I haven't been able to open anything!
*crys*

if you come across a post that might be interesting for me, please gimme a linkage.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Linkage:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030611162636/bbs.offspring.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=023571

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Ah yes, I can find people saying my own name like a pot-heads to a cracker factory.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021104184940/bbs.offspring.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005367

Why did I click on this topic of all topics? I do not know.

anyways that's the only topic i could find that worked for me.

JoY
11-16-2004, 12:40 PM
oh that's certainly a great one. thank yoo!

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Ah yes, I can find people saying my own name like a pot-heads to a cracker factory.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021104184940/bbs.offspring.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005367

Eesh. That Paula was a cranky [bad word deleted!!], wasn't she?

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 12:45 PM
I've always had respect for Paula's opinions. It's a pity neither Paula nor Kira are here.

Please don't refer to women as bitches.

Vera
11-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Man, I loved them bitches!

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-16-2004, 12:56 PM
I retract my above statement.

What I find comical about the topic you posted, Per, is that Chris Sneed posted when he was only on 16 posts. A fledgling member, when no one could have possibly known of the fame he'd attract.

Vera
11-16-2004, 12:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/sannibear/smile.png

That oughta take you all back.

See, 1565 really does OWN.

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Dave this isn't the UN, we don't retract statements here, we edit/delete them.

Anyways I can't find which topic you are referring to.

Although I always liked Chris Sneed. At some point in time someone had said "Both WCM and Chris Sneed are real assholes." To which Chris Sneed replied "WCM and I are brothers of the cunt!"

Which cracked the hell out of me. Crazy lil' fella.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-16-2004, 01:02 PM
There we go. All nice and edited.

JoY
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
hehehe, I liky this topic.

JoY
11-16-2004, 01:32 PM
oh, & where the hell did Laura go?? my dear Lowraah, my sweet Assasinated Beauty & whatever she called herself before that?

besides the fact that I see her coming on MSN every now & then, I never get to speak to her anymore. she should come back to the board, she's lovely.

Chris
11-16-2004, 02:58 PM

wow, I see I sparked the revolution for you there, god thats going back ages

wheelchairman
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
my thoughts exactly. God that was such a long time ago.

Chris
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
oh, & where the hell did Laura go?? my dear Lowraah, my sweet Assasinated Beauty & whatever she called herself before that?

besides the fact that I see her coming on MSN every now & then, I never get to speak to her anymore. she should come back to the board, she's lovely.

not the one from southampton? :confused:

Tizzalicious
11-17-2004, 02:34 AM
Awww I miss the old board!

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-17-2004, 06:46 AM
I do too. Kinda brought back a lot of memories, looking at the old board. Kinda made me sad, too, to click on a topic and see that it's not been archived. I wonder about what was said in that topic.. and now it's lost for ever.

I dunno. Maybe I just read into this stuff too much.

Strange also to think that we'll probably be saying this kind of stuff about this board in 2-3 years time.

JoY
11-17-2004, 06:48 AM
let me say I really hope I won't be around by that time.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2004, 10:08 AM
That oughta take you all back.

See, 1565 really does OWN.

Le SIGH. :)

And it even has one of the many threads of people clamoring about my supposed totalitarianism! GOD the memories.

the_GoDdEsS
11-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Do you remember jimmyeatworld? I think he had that name before we even knew it was a band...

wheelchairman
11-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Yeah I do remember him. I remember him even explaining it was a band. He was a good guy if memory serves.

Tijs
11-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Ah.. remember this?

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/2879/BBSBanned2.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/img93/2879/BBSBanned2.jpg)

Linda
11-17-2004, 01:04 PM
no...........

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Ah.. remember this?

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/2879/BBSBanned2.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/img93/2879/BBSBanned2.jpg)

Ah, I remember that! Eesh, that was funny.

Tijs
11-17-2004, 01:10 PM
The funniest thing about it wasn't really the message itself, but seeing webdude active twice at one day.
To put the message there, and remove it again.

HornyPope
11-17-2004, 01:35 PM
The funniest thing about it wasn't really the message itself, but seeing webdude active twice at one day.
To put the message there, and remove it again.

That wasn't webdude. That was me you idiot. It was an aprils fools joke...

Tijs
11-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Fuck no it wasn't. It was april first though.

HornyPope
11-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Of course it fucking was. I banned everyone from the board for the sake of Aprils joke. I thought webdude will have no way of knowing. But somehow, someway he was tipped off, I suspect Noodles since he was frequanting the board often at that time, and Webdude went onto the board and unbanned everyone again. After which he took away my admin powers for the second time.

What do you think i'll bother to lie to you?

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
C'mon, Pope...out with it!

I need gossip.

SicN Twisted
11-17-2004, 10:33 PM
We also changed the board's layout for a day, and added a complaint forum? I wonder if pope still has screenshots of that.

HornyPope
11-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Dude scroll the fuck up and learn to read the topic entierly before you open your mouth. People, myself included, have mentioned this one instance more than twice already.

SicN Twisted
11-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Oh I'm sorry... what is it again, hmm... oh yeah! I don't give a fuck!

HornyPope
11-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Well then why make mention of it for a second time now?

SicN Twisted
11-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Because I'm drunk enough to act on every slight instinct. Why the fuck not mention it a second time? By the way, remember how we, like totally arranged the layout of the board? It was like, soooooooooooo cool, the most badass thing I've ever done in my life!

HornyPope
11-17-2004, 11:21 PM
I shall slapeth you silly.

Faded Soul
11-27-2004, 01:58 PM
anyone remember Matt Vore and Trendygirl? :D

wheelchairman
11-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Yes, of course. Possibly the two stupidest jokes on here.

ClamsHaveFeelingsToo
01-05-2005, 01:14 PM
I generally agree.

the_GoDdEsS
01-30-2005, 11:07 AM
*bump* Up you go!

I remember someone posted a topic back in the early days where we were supposed to post our favourite Offspring quotes. And we still replied because A&S was in. I think it became one of the longest topics then.

Anyone remember the “I hate blacks and Jews/jacks and blews” topics? Racism was in long ago.

And I just remembered the “Big Brother” topic. I think there was something like that.

Vera
01-30-2005, 11:34 AM
I remember Survivor topics. Those were kind of lame.

wheelchairman
01-30-2005, 11:49 AM
The Survivor topics died rather quickly didn't they? Or else they ended up becoming a popularity contest. The bbs does so many popularity contests, you think people would get bored of those. I mean hell, I have the biggest ego and I'm vain to a fault but I'm bored of those.

Vera
01-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Well, they took place in A&S where I didn't really know who was "popular" and who wasn't so I'm guessing they just picked random regulars. And yes, they died rather quickly.

wheelchairman
10-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Remember the titans?

Vera
10-08-2005, 04:11 AM
I hated those fags.

Paint_It_Black
10-08-2005, 07:35 AM

That would be me. Now where the hell are you?