PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of Dexters Lyrics

endlesst0m
07-16-2005, 02:11 PM
In the self titled album dexters lyrics were much more poetic. when you compare the lyrics of Crossroads or A Thousand Days to anything on Splinter or Conspiracy of One, its hard to believe its the same guy. The lyrics from the self titled would make a creative writing teacher proud!

Nirushika6789
07-16-2005, 02:12 PM
why do so-called fans complain so bloody much???
if u dont like something u dont listen to it...

in this case... if u dont like the lyrics... dont read them and dont listen to this song

for an offspring message boards there sure is a hell of a lot of complaining about the offspring

Hypodermic_89
07-16-2005, 02:14 PM

in this case... if u dont like the lyrics... dont read them and dont listen to this song

for an offspring message boards there sure is a hell of a lot of complaining about the offspring

Word. I've seen much more complaining about The Offspring here than anything else!

Nirushika6789
07-16-2005, 02:17 PM
im begining to wonder if this an ' anti-offspring message board'!!

come on seriously.... stop complaining about the offspring so much... ure suposed to b a fan

darko
07-16-2005, 02:22 PM
come on seriously.... stop complaining about the offspring so much... ure suposed to b a fan

everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

endlesst0m
07-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Your right.By declaring myself a fan, i am obligated to like 100.0% of everything The Offspring does.

also i didn't say i didnt like it, i just pointed out that i changed.

Manic subsidal
07-16-2005, 02:37 PM
The lyrics from the self titled would make a creative writing teacher proud!

Dude not just proud, the teacher would probably strip for you. S/t lyrics are the best!

G0tta_get_away
07-16-2005, 03:05 PM
out of any band :p

thier lyrics are amazing especially on the smash album ;)

Preecey
07-16-2005, 03:32 PM
The lyrics did sorta drop during the CO1 days, but I think Dexter's always been a really good songwriter.

killer_queen
07-16-2005, 03:36 PM

You must be the stupidest guy on the BBS. You mean when somebody doesn't like anything they become a so-called fan. If there's something so-called fan it would be definitely you. People should be complaining and discussing. Everybody agrees that Offspring is great, they can't talk about how great Offspring is, it would be stupid.
And yes, I fully agree with you endlesst0m. But I think Igniton has better lyrics than S/T. It doesn't matter for me in fact, I don't care about the lyrics. Anyway it's normal, Dexter got rich and he doesn't have any problem. He can't write lyrics like the old ones, it wouldn't be cordial.
And again Nirushika, you are dumb.

IdiotOfTheDay
07-16-2005, 03:43 PM
im begining to wonder if this an ' anti-offspring message board'!!

What the fuck, man. These boards were created so we could discuss the Offspring. If all anyone did was gush about how freakin' awesome the band is, then it wouldn't really be much, would it now? Which is why boards like this are good, because people are just trying to get some insight into the music. The members of any band are people too, and have faults just like the rest of us. So get over your "super-fandom" and let us talk if we want to. If you don't like it, who said you had to reply?

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Listen to the lyrics in Can't Repeat a few times

Dex90
07-16-2005, 03:57 PM
ure crazy the lyrics are just as aswsome as they were then if not better!!co1 is great but i agree that on the whole its not the best, lyrics wise.

cantrepeat4385
07-16-2005, 04:12 PM
:rolleyes:

0r4ng3
07-16-2005, 04:39 PM
:rolleyes:
Yes, interesting observation.

ashtray_girl_1
07-16-2005, 05:55 PM
the lyrics on s/t are poetic, but so are the lyrics to the noose, can't repeat, defy you, living in a chaos...in my opinion :o

platinumpt
07-16-2005, 08:28 PM
The band clearly passed through very different states throughout their career!! Since Ixnay things became a little different I think, AND I DON'T mean to say that things changed from good to bad, or from bad to good! Not at all! Just a different state, a new form of embracing life! Until Smash we have very poethical lyrics, some depressive (dirty magic, crossroads, not the one), some sick (like beheaded, bad habit, burn it up or demons LOL), and things became a little different in the phase after Ixnay I think. They started to do funny stuff, and joking about some real life things. Like in Pretty fly, or why don't you get a job and hit that. But they still maintained the charactheristics they had in the past, and we can relate to the actual songs the same way we can relate to the oldest songs. They've always been great, and they'll always be, but we can't forget that every album is a different step in their careers, and things can't be the same forever, or we'd get tired, that's for sure! I'm gonna get some sleep now, I'm tired... See you people...

Noodles is gay
07-17-2005, 07:41 AM
You must be the stupidest guy on the BBS.

no, I think that right is reserved for you.

...and 'cordial' - is that how you try to make yourself seem intelligent? Dear me.

Amazed
07-17-2005, 09:10 AM

Well said :cool: