PDA

View Full Version : Cloning opinion?

Dead Cheerleader
07-16-2005, 11:38 PM
I need the input of such exquisitely intelligent individuals as yourselves and if there are any scientists in here, your opinion is much appreciated (please designate yourselves).

Do you believe cloning by SCNT (somatic cell nuclear transfer) results in animals with unaffected, longer, or shorter lifespans? This is sort of in the context of telomere lengthening/shortening per cloning.

Thanks! And if you feel like giving your opinion on cloning as well, have at it.

Where My Hoes At?
07-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Well first of all if we had clones there would be less work from us,and there would be too much mistaking for originals but instead its the clone.Its a terrible idea I wouldn't be able to handle a clone.

RXP
07-17-2005, 01:46 AM
I want to clone Jessica Alba, so all cloning research is good.

Where My Hoes At?
07-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey can I have one?

RXP
07-17-2005, 02:12 AM
Yeah sure, she'd be like on a production line so we wouldn't have to put up with ugly women in real life.

Where My Hoes At?
07-17-2005, 02:18 AM
I might bring her with my gf and me to the bedroom.

RXP
07-17-2005, 02:19 AM
Post a pic of your girlfriend.

I dunno who I'd clone to be a cuddle/sex slave come to think of it. Alba will do for now.

IllBeWaiting
07-17-2005, 09:21 AM
there is some evidence to suggest that with current cloning techniques / abilities the lifespan of cloned organisms would likely be reduced (dolly, as well as cloned non-mammals). aside from the positive effects of cloning (alba), i honestly cant see a thing wrong with it, our techniques just need perfection maybe

Vera
07-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I need the input of such exquisitely intelligent individuals as yourselves
I stopped reading after this because WOW, overestimating much? I mean, you've been on this board, have you not? You've seen what sort of people post here?

offspring kid
07-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I want to clone Jessica Alba, so all cloning research is good.

clone One for me !

Sin Studly
07-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Whoever Jessica Alba is, she should save one bullet for herself if RXP tries to collect her DNA.

The Cinder
07-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Our band have wrote a song about cloning called: It was only a copy, here is the lyrics for the song:

One time in the jungle Tarzan walked around
Then a hunter came, and killed him like a game,
No evidence and no one to blame
What is Tarzan without Tarzan

IT WAS ONLY A COPY HE HAVE KILLED A COPY

One time Bond was on a mission a really dangerous one
Then a guard saw him, and he killed him
And he also ended the fucking film
Cause what is Bond without Bond

IT WAS ONLY A COPY HE HAVE KILLED A COPY

One time in Germany, a new Hitler was born
But a hero showed up, and beat him up
Peace, love, hey what’s up
Another hundred of him is left

Dead Cheerleader
07-17-2005, 03:03 PM
there is some evidence to suggest that with current cloning techniques / abilities the lifespan of cloned organisms would likely be reduced (dolly, as well as cloned non-mammals). aside from the positive effects of cloning (alba), i honestly cant see a thing wrong with it, our techniques just need perfection maybe

Yeah I have heard speculation but seen no actual studies on the question of reduced lifespan. But I mean if you're using SCNT wouldn't the DNA/chromosomes be in the same shape they were in when the animal died. If you are cloning an animal that died of old age, wouldn't the chromosomes be shitty and the telomeres reduced? Or when you harvest the stem cells from your embryo, are the chromosomes repaired? I've actually read some stuff that hypothesizes the animals will have a longer life span, I think they had actually done studies. I need answers dammit!

Conspiracy of One
07-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Cloning would kick ass dude cuz then if two members of the opposite sex couldnt have offspring you could fuse the DNA and make one

shadowind
07-17-2005, 05:17 PM
why have clones it makes no sense that i can see
if you can't slice and dice them for parts
and you can't use them as slaves

Dead Cheerleader
07-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Cloning would kick ass dude cuz then if two members of the opposite sex couldnt have offspring you could fuse the DNA and make one

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they can do that now. You wouldn't really need to clone actually. But I heard that they can take sperm cells from a man and make them into oocytes or something and then two men (presumably homosexual guys) can have a kid that has their genetics. I think that's cool.

And scientists use cloning a lot. Mostly in the smaller organisms like bacteria or whatever. You clone when there is something special about a particular organism, like it makes a certain protein or carries a certain gene/mutation/disease, and you want a lot of it, just clone. Also, if you are a rancher or something and you have a really good animal and it dies, you can clone it so that you can keep producing good offspring.

shadowind
07-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they can do that now. You wouldn't really need to clone actually. But I heard that they can take sperm cells from a man and make them into oocytes or something and then two men (presumably homosexual guys) can have a kid that has their genetics. I think that's cool.

And scientists use cloning a lot. Mostly in the smaller organisms like bacteria or whatever. You clone when there is something special about a particular organism, like it makes a certain protein or carries a certain gene/mutation/disease, and you want a lot of it, just clone. Also, if you are a rancher or something and you have a really good animal and it dies, you can clone it so that you can keep producing good offspring.

those are usefull

RXP
07-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Whoever Jessica Alba is, she should save one bullet for herself if RXP tries to collect her DNA.

Na, I'd still get her DNA. From her body.

I had this weird ass dream last night that had me with some hot chick. i'm pretty sure I musta cloned her.