PDA

View Full Version : I noticed something in the offspring music video dvd

Manic subsidal
07-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I remember a while ago in some other thread of mine, I was like "Hey did you guys ever notice that 2 girls tackle Dexter and Greg K in the want you bad video but then noodles gets tackled by a big guy?"

well, in this new dvd, it doesn't show Dexter getting tackled by the girl. If you listen to the commentary on Want you bad, even Dexter says that he remembered getting tackled by someone at the end of the video.

I don't know why they cut that part out, but I'm just wondering if you guys noticed anything else different or whatever about the offspring videos on this dvd.

...except for the original prankster nude girls of course. I think that's edited on purpose though because that newspaper wouldn't show breasts on the front cover lmao. Ah whatever, just post anything else you know.

Dead Cheerleader
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah you're right. I just looked at this post to see your avatar.

SuperKnux
07-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I was like, "Hey wait a sec.. the kids' post has a screen shot of Dex getting knocked down by a girl.. yet, it isn't here."

I wonder what the deal is.

Manic subsidal
07-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah, I was also wondering about something else. You know how everyone is like "That one stewardess in the I choose video is Dexter's wife!", well in the commentary, Dexter didn't say anything about that :confused: hm.. I don't know, I thought he would.. I mean come on, your wife is in your video, mention her or something!

Dead Cheerleader
07-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Good point. He should have, right? Guess that's not really his wife.

Oh and btw, this is the avatar that I wanted to see.

Pilau
07-20-2005, 06:02 AM
That was an odd cut of the Want you Bad video as well as Dexter not getting tackled by a girl, in the original you didn't see a guys hand blow off and you didn't see some guy get blown up at the end! It was a rather different to one on MTV and the CD extra on the single.

Also notice the fantastic commentary for the Hit That video? So informative but funny.

I reckon they shoulda put the new Can't Repeat on there and given it a commentary as well tho.

Marit
07-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Oh yeah, I was also wondering about something else. You know how everyone is like "That one stewardess in the I choose video is Dexter's wife!", well in the commentary, Dexter didn't say anything about that :confused: hm.. I don't know, I thought he would.. I mean come on, your wife is in your video, mention her or something!

Maybe he just didn't think that it was anybody's business.

Nitro Punk
07-20-2005, 06:38 AM
There were 2 different versions for want u bad and original prankster that were on tv!Even Why don't you get a job had 2 versions,I remember the one version's ending was showing them walking away ...

Sinister
07-20-2005, 07:06 AM
There were 2 different versions for want u bad and original prankster that were on tv!Even Why don't you get a job had 2 versions,I remember the one version's ending was showing them walking away ...

and the other ending has Dexter triggering an explosion in the background with a big red DO NOT PUSH button :D

bouncingcoles
07-20-2005, 07:45 AM
I remember a while ago in some other thread of mine, I was like "Hey did you guys ever notice that 2 girls tackle Dexter and Greg K in the want you bad video but then noodles gets tackled by a big guy?"

well, in this new dvd, it doesn't show Dexter getting tackled by the girl. If you listen to the commentary on Want you bad, even Dexter says that he remembered getting tackled by someone at the end of the video.

I don't know why they cut that part out, but I'm just wondering if you guys noticed anything else different or whatever about the offspring videos on this dvd.

...except for the original prankster nude girls of course. I think that's edited on purpose though because that newspaper wouldn't show breasts on the front cover lmao. Ah whatever, just post anything else you know.

iv seen the want you bad video quite a few times and iv never seen dexter get tackled by chicks. but its funny when greg gets tackled by a hott girl and noodles gets tackled by a big bald guy! noodles face is priceless!

winstano
07-20-2005, 09:06 AM
The bit where Dex gets tackled by the girl has been replaced on the DVD with a sort of full screen shot of the explosion when the chick opens the can at the end...

It used to show Dex getting tackled then cut to her face which was covered in the foam stuff. :)

platinumpt
07-20-2005, 09:30 AM
The bit where Dex gets tackled by the girl has been replaced on the DVD with a sort of full screen shot of the explosion when the chick opens the can at the end...

It used to show Dex getting tackled then cut to her face which was covered in the foam stuff. :)
Ahhh there are two versions for the Want You Bad video!!!! That explains A LOT. Actually I've seen in another thread a pic of Dexter being grabbed by a girl in the want you bad video. But the thing is I've seen the video several times (I think it has a lot of cool effects, beautiful girls and such) and I couldn't possibly remember Dexter being grabbed. I could only recall Noodles and Greg K being tackled by a guy and a girl, to be more exact. On the other hand, the video I've seen contained the scene in which you can see the explosion in the end! It's funny indeed... I've seen the video several times in several different places, and I was only able to see one version of it...

Now I'm clarified. Finally!

winstano
07-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah, he definitely gets tackled cos he grabs the mic and mic stand as he falls whilst still singing... Can definitely remember it :)

vintagepunkrock7
07-20-2005, 09:30 PM
while i was watching the live performances, i noticed that atoms drums have words on them? i noticed one said butter and something else i didnt see. does anyone know anything about that?

dain84
07-20-2005, 10:00 PM
while i was watching the live performances, i noticed that atoms drums have words on them? i noticed one said butter and something else i didnt see. does anyone know anything about that?
did anone notice that head around you live wasn't in the listing but it was there if you watch them?

Manic subsidal
07-20-2005, 10:23 PM
did anone notice that head around you live wasn't in the listing but it was there if you watch them?

haha now that's definitely a mistake on the dvd. Oh well, I didn't really like the smash to splinter performance for some reason, but that girl at the end of TKAA was hillarious :P

Pilau
07-21-2005, 03:31 PM
But heres the best question - where is Ron at the end of the WDYGAJ video? It only dex, noodles and greg walking away at the end!

RonWelty
07-21-2005, 03:41 PM
But heres the best question - where is Ron at the end of the WDYGAJ video? It only dex, noodles and greg walking away at the end!

it seems like a .... sign of the future han ?

platinumpt
07-21-2005, 04:50 PM
haha now that's definitely a mistake on the dvd. Oh well, I didn't really like the smash to splinter performance for some reason, but that girl at the end of TKAA was hillarious :P
Yeah, it was indeed hilarious! Problem is I was thinking of ripping that song to an mp3 and put it in my "best of" live album, and now my idea went down the drain, as you guys who have seen the video can imagine.

The DVD is great, I loved it. But I don't understand why the words to I Choose are censored, and, for instance, the lyrics for cool to hate or original prankster aren't. But whatever dudes, that shit rocked! Money well spent, definitely, much better than GH.

Oh, and the hidden stuff... beautiful, although I already knew those rehearsal clips from the 80's... but the live performance of get it right is priceless... I loved it

imissron
07-21-2005, 04:56 PM
I thought there was another version of original prankster too because of the so called explicit content in the video. man Conspiracy of One is just one big controversy.

IdiotOfTheDay
07-21-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm pissed, I won't have mine until at least tomorrow, I went on Tuesday to buy it from Target, but they didn't have it. None of the Targets had it, actually, someone I know livesin Georgia and her Target didn't have it either.

platinumpt
07-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Wow, it came first to Portugal, before Florida!! That's un-fucking-believable!!! But believe me, it's worth the wait...

platinumpt
07-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, when they said "uncensored" they meant that we were going to be able to see the dog's poop. Wow. Unbelievable, Dexter and Noodles were commenting that the guys in MTV wanted that to be censored....... so I guess there's no need to say further comments about the girls boobies!!

RonWelty
07-22-2005, 04:00 AM
Yeah, it was indeed hilarious! Problem is I was thinking of ripping that song to an mp3 and put it in my "best of" live album, and now my idea went down the drain, as you guys who have seen the video can imagine.

The DVD is great, I loved it. But I don't understand why the words to I Choose are censored, and, for instance, the lyrics for cool to hate or original prankster aren't. But whatever dudes, that shit rocked! Money well spent, definitely, much better than GH.

Oh, and the hidden stuff... beautiful, although I already knew those rehearsal clips from the 80's... but the live performance of get it right is priceless... I loved it

i love that HIT THAT PART at Tokyo Bydokan 2004 :D that was so fucking awsome ..i have a pic of that guys with offspring somewhere here

platinumpt
07-22-2005, 04:41 AM
i love that HIT THAT PART at Tokyo Bydokan 2004 :D that was so fucking awsome ..i have a pic of that guys with offspring somewhere here
Those japanese guys are really crazy... yeah I like it too, the band was good! And that xylophone or whatever that simulated dexter's voice was cool! But I liked more the other rarities, get it right live was awesome... and Noodles played the song perfectly, even though he was moving and jumping most of the time!!