PDA

View Full Version : I hear people calling the Offspring sellouts because...

mtj027
07-20-2005, 11:42 PM
They only put their most popular songs on GH.

That doesn't make a band a sellout, does it?

The Weird Kid
07-20-2005, 11:52 PM
no, that's the point of a greatest hits cd is to put the most popular songs on it

Manic subsidal
07-21-2005, 01:04 AM
I say you go up to those fags and give them the stinky finger.

platinumpt
07-21-2005, 02:28 AM
Yeah, by the way, the "sellouts" usually have enormous commercial success don't they? So how can someone call The Offspring sellouts... sometimes I feel nobody in the world likes them... except for you here at the forum guys:D

Those people who say that kind of shit about The Offspring (for instance, one of my cousins) are some assholes who live a fucking worthless life and they don't do anything else but criticizing everything that gets in their way. Fuck them all.

Sorry about all this, but this stuff related to The Offspring really pisses me off, I've heard too many times things like "Oh, The Offspring turned up into a commercial band", so what the fuck do they have to say about U2, or Avril Lavigne goddammit?

punk_riOt
07-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Anyone who says that has no fucking idea what they are talking about.

neocon58
07-21-2005, 03:51 AM
Yeah, by the way, the "sellouts" usually have enormous commercial success don't they?

1. *cough*smash*cough*
2. *cough*americana*cough*

Cerberus
07-21-2005, 04:12 AM
Whats a sellout? Thats when u work in the entertainment business and star making money. :D
Why didn`t enybody call Bad Religion as sellouts when they went mainstream (Atlantic records). Simple, they weren`t as successful than Offspring or Green day.

platinumpt
07-21-2005, 04:40 AM
1. *cough*smash*cough*
2. *cough*americana*cough*
Since Americana The Offspring released 3 albums and how about their success? Shitty, amongst the public in general. And still they're considered today as sellouts? I don't think that's fair, and I never thought The Offspring went mainstream. Never ever. They were always equal to themselves, and, for instance, only by listening to a few seconds, you can immediately identify a song as The Offspring, and not confuse it with anything else!! And if Offspring are sellouts... then what would we say about Green Day or Nirvana (a MTV live accoustic album... I don't think anything can be considered more "sellout" than that, considering their past as a grunge band)...??

And yeah, I think Cerberus has a point, in my opinion most "sellout" concepts are because people in general are jealous of the success of a band they don't like... if the band goes mainstream, but it's unsuccessful, not so many people notice that change...

offspringchaz
07-21-2005, 04:44 AM
The greatest hits will be bought by new fans cause they know 1. Want you bad 2. Original Prankster 3. Hit That and 4. Pretty Fly, and they think that all their songs are like them so when they get the GH they will be dissapointed because they only like the poppier songs. but for the hardcore fans they will buy it becasue its an extra for the collection

Me myself have bought the cd, cd+dvd and the dualdisc from the us, got it for the american release, a week early in uk, . i am also going to get the autstralian one because it has spae me the details, people may call me a nutter but i bet a few hardcore fans will too

platinumpt
07-21-2005, 04:53 AM
The greatest hits will be bought by new fans cause they know 1. Want you bad 2. Original Prankster 3. Hit That and 4. Pretty Fly, and they think that all their songs are like them so when they get the GH they will be dissapointed because they only like the poppier songs. but for the hardcore fans they will buy it becasue its an extra for the collection

Me myself have bought the cd, cd+dvd and the dualdisc from the us, got it for the american release, a week early in uk, . i am also going to get the autstralian one because it has spae me the details, people may call me a nutter but i bet a few hardcore fans will too
If I had lots of money I'd do that too!!!!! Instead, I'm sparing it for a trip to their concert in Paris :p

yay
07-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Look at my thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need your opinions. Ima go bump it back up.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
07-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Damn right!

People who call the Offspring sellouts

(e.g my best friend sometimes says it....wanker)

because they charged more than Green Day he says they are sellouts.

all i say to him is "f*ck you, The Better Band costs more you dumbass, hence Offspring tickets blow away the prices of Green Day tickets, hence again, Offspring's music blows Green Day's music out the water, so next time you call the Offspring a bunch of sellouts, just remember, they make better music, so they can't be sellouts, they're just charging more money because they have better music for people to hear"

hell..i'd pay $500 to see an Offspring show, no joke, Best band ever! :cool:

platinumpt
07-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Damn right!

People who call the Offspring sellouts

(e.g my best friend sometimes says it....wanker)

because they charged more than Green Day he says they are sellouts.

all i say to him is "f*ck you, The Better Band costs more you dumbass, hence Offspring tickets blow away the prices of Green Day tickets, hence again, Offspring's music blows Green Day's music out the water, so next time you call the Offspring a bunch of sellouts, just remember, they make better music, so they can't be sellouts, they're just charging more money because they have better music for people to hear"

hell..i'd pay $500 to see an Offspring show, no joke, Best band ever! :cool:
Like it says in your signature..... I agree completely with SplinterByMyOwnDesign lol:D

Sinister
07-21-2005, 08:31 AM
here's my opinion : The Offspring aren't underground anymore, but they're still the kickass punk band they were back in the mid eighties. Sure, there's been member changes *cough* Lilja *cough*, but The Offspring, as a band, make the best music in the world. and if I had the money, I'd get every different version of everything they made, + all the bootleg videos on the net and all spin-off merch (i.e. clothing & the like)

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-21-2005, 10:49 AM
They aren't sellouts. End of story.

Little_Miss_1565
07-21-2005, 10:50 AM
no, that's the point of a greatest hits cd is to put the most popular songs on it

^ Fucking word. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to grasp.

Dexter1989
07-21-2005, 11:52 AM
a greatest hits is a compilation of the HITS of a band. that's why all GH suck

NDM1
07-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Thats funny that you heard people calling them sellouts. I never hear ANYONE talking about the offspring. Hear its either about green day, fallout boy, or MCR.