PDA

View Full Version : Greg K, Underated...

LukyItalion74
07-21-2005, 12:48 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/LukyItalion74/gregkk.bmp

Greg K. has to be the Most underrated member of the offspring...Dexter has the Vocals, Noodles has the Lead Guitar...so their fore, in music videos, they get the most parts...Now atom has the little journal thingy so Hes getting acquanted with the fans...but Greg K. hardly gets anything...you realy never get to hear him talk, yet some of his baselines make songs (Self Esteem, LAPD...) I would just like to dedicate this little post for greg K, since hes awsome...

P.S.-Who Woulden't let a face this cute get a lil more stage time... :D http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/LukyItalion74/GregKid.bmp

notoriousdoc
07-21-2005, 12:51 PM
He doesn't do much because he's really shy

Sinister
07-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I do agree that he's really underrated. but he does kick ass, and his little "dance" rocks a damn lot.

GO GREG K ! YOU'RE THE BEST ! :D

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Greg is awesome and he is definetly underrated. But I don't think he minds it too much.

LukyItalion74
07-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Greg is awesome and he is definetly underrated. But I don't think he minds it too much.
I hope not...because if he gets pissed and quits, it would totaly hurt the band...seeing as he is the co-founder of the band...

Sinister
07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I hope not...because if he gets pissed and quits, it would totaly hurt the band...seeing as he is the co-founder of the band...

and he's also the only one who did the same thing from the very start - bass.
Dexter was the drummer, as you can see in the easter egg on the Music Collection DVD. (go to s/t in discography, and press left. arrow appears. enter. woo hoo.)

LukyItalion74
07-21-2005, 01:10 PM
and he's also the only one who did the same thing from the very start - bass.
Dexter was the drummer, as you can see in the easter egg on the Music Collection DVD. (go to s/t in discography, and press left. arrow appears. enter. woo hoo.)
ya i saw that the other day, I like how it says dexter hated Ringo and how he spent all his cash on cloths...

Pranksta
07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
He sometimes even does this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/Offspringer/GregJumpAnim.gif

Sinister
07-21-2005, 01:46 PM
do you have that thing in a bigger format ?

Jojan
07-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Maybe you all wouldn't think that he "Kickes ass" if he wasn't as he is.

Pranksta
07-21-2005, 02:00 PM
do you have that thing in a bigger format ?
nope, sorry. I got that from a live video, I think it was Burn It Up from the big day out 1995. You can get it here: http://offspring.art.pl/?m=media&category=vi

Pilau
07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Check Greg out in the London 1993 video on the new DVD. He is rocking out in that!

imissron
07-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Greg K. is the best bassist in the world, hands down. My name is also Greg and Gregs rule. I do think that Ron was really underrated because of the fact that he had lots of song starting beats in the videos and the didn't even show him playing. Gotta Get Away for example, you see ron for about 7 seconds in the entire video. You also see Greg for about 7 seconds in that video too, so ya Greg is underrated

Sinister
07-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Greg K. is the best bassist in the world, hands down.

I'm sorry to disagree with that. John Myung (or whatever his name is) from Dream Theater is actually better.
BUT !
Greg K IS the COOLEST bassist in the world.

nameless
07-21-2005, 04:12 PM
he has said in in an interview hes the more laid back, quiet kinda guy and wouldnt want to be the camera magnetic type like dexter and noodles!

Unnatural Disaster
07-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Greg K is very underrated, but I still think he's cool

Thucydides
07-21-2005, 04:25 PM
If you read some other threads you'd see that a lot of people actually really like him, he chooses to be an 'under-rated' member.

Greg K simple RAWKS!

coke_a_holic
07-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Get it through your thick skulls that Offspring aren't the greatest band that ever came to be. Jesus Christ, I mean they're good, but "LiEk GrEg K iS lIeK SOoOoOOoo AwEsOmE!! He Iz Da BeSt EvA!!1" is such an overstatement it's not even funny. Is he underrated? Yes. Is he the greatest bass player ever? No. You guys need to expand your taste, seriously.

TarachnidX
07-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Get it through your thick skulls that Offspring aren't the greatest band that ever came to be. Jesus Christ, I mean they're good, but "LiEk GrEg K iS lIeK SOoOoOOoo AwEsOmE!! He Iz Da BeSt EvA!!1" is such an overstatement it's not even funny. Is he underrated? Yes. Is he the greatest bass player ever? No. You guys need to expand your taste, seriously.

Coke a Holic of course we are going to say the Offspring are the best band because these are the Offspring boards! This is a place meant to glorify and ask questions about them. It looks like you are an active member and I hope all your posts aren't putting down Offspring fans. So anyway back on topic I think it would be kool if Greg was in more interviews and stuff like the commentary on the new DVD but I also like how he is the quiet type because it makes him more mysterious because people dont know too much about him and we end up making threads like this one!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~:cool: GregK Rox!!! :cool:~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

freek
07-21-2005, 04:51 PM
...I do think that Ron was really underrated because of the fact that he had lots of song starting beats in the videos and the didn't even show him playing. Gotta Get Away for example, you see ron for about 7 seconds in the entire video. You also see Greg for about 7 seconds in that video too, so ya Greg is underrated

Yeah, I agree with him

LukyItalion74
07-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Maybe you all wouldn't think that he "Kickes ass" if he wasn't as he is.
Good point...maybe its his quitness that makes him cool

Apathy
07-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Greg K. has to be the Most underrated member of the offspring...Dexter has the Vocals, Noodles has the Lead Guitar...so their fore, in music videos, they get the most parts...Now atom has the little journal thingy so Hes getting acquanted with the fans...but Greg K. hardly gets anything...you realy never get to hear him talk, yet some of his baselines make songs (Self Esteem, LAPD...) I would just like to dedicate this little post for greg K, since hes awsome...

P.S.-Who Woulden't let a face this cute get a lil more stage time... :D http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/LukyItalion74/GregKid.bmp

You could have picked better songs. Self esteem is 6 notes at most. LAPD is like 4. I Choose is decent, as Is the Worst Hangover ever. But the reasons he's the "smallest" member of the band, is because he doesn't say much, and well, his basslines aren't always the most interesting. I Hate Green Day, but the bass in those songs are so much better. As is Red Hot Chili Peppers, Primus, Rage Against the Machine, Nofx, Rancid, blink182, Cake, Fall Out Boy, Nirvana, Violent Femmes,Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Weezer, Hell even the slipknot bassist is more interesting. (listen to Do/Nothing-Bitchslap) It blows away all the songs Greg does.

Don't get me wrong. Greg is a wonderful bassist. Nobody can be bad at an instrument if they've been playing it for over twenty years. But Dexter writes the music. And Everything Dexter Writes for Basslines, Well, Sucks. I'd love to see greg really play one time. Bust loose.

sourskittle
07-21-2005, 07:25 PM
the old stuff from the video collection is from the americana video

Manic subsidal
07-21-2005, 07:37 PM
wtf is a Greg K?

Turbonegro
07-21-2005, 09:02 PM
HA! I hope to god you're not serious.

And quite frankly, he's overrated. You are seriously musically deprived to think he's the best bassist in the world. seriously. Listen to some Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, anything by Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller, or Jaco Pastorius, then tell me Greg K is the best bassist in the world. Even if he doesn't write the bass lines for offspring, there's no way he can ever compare to the bassists I've mentioned. EVER.
Okay, I'm done ranting.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-21-2005, 09:07 PM
HA! I hope to god you're not serious.

And quite frankly, he's overrated. You are seriously musically deprived to think he's the best bassist in the world. seriously. Listen to some Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, anything by Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller, or Jaco Pastorius, then tell me Greg K is the best bassist in the world. Even if he doesn't write the bass lines for offspring, there's no way he can ever compare to the bassists I've mentioned. EVER.
Okay, I'm done ranting.

What about Matt Freeman?

Turbonegro
07-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Matt Freeman plays for Rancid, right?
If so, he's pretty good, from what I've heard, but still no match for Claypool, Wooten, Flea etc.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Matt Freeman plays for Rancid, right?
If so, he's pretty good, from what I've heard, but still no match for Claypool, Wooten, Flea etc.

Yes he plays for Rancid. But I have to agree he's no match for Flea or Claypool. Those guys are just downright amazing.

irkazoom
07-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Im tired of hearing things like this. Offspring is my favourite band, I like it a lot, but they are not the best musicians of the world. they are good in what they do, Greg is great, but bassists like from Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Primus are so much better. Noodles is a great guitarrist, but Slash, Joe Satriani or Tom Morello are incredible. Im not saying they are bad musicians, only that they are not the best. The important thing is that they know how to do great songs.

Camilamazed
07-21-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm used to it. I have never seen Greg smiling nor talking through these years I've been listening to them.

Revolver-2005?
07-21-2005, 10:03 PM
hes very under-rated but hes shy and stuff, and doesnt like camera attention, thats the only reason

Venom Symbiote
07-21-2005, 11:09 PM
WOW, KIDDIES!

This one hasn't been covered enough times before, huh? Huh?

Yay! It must be fun to lack testicles and repeat the same topics 9 times a week, eh? I wish I could be cool like you!

:eek:

platinumpt
07-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Greg K is cool... I never seen a guy on stage who moves so little... he takes about, what, 1 square meter of stage space??? Oh maybe a little more, is bass is kinda large.

rocketman
07-22-2005, 09:38 AM
WOW, KIDDIES!

This one hasn't been covered enough times before, huh? Huh?

Yay! It must be fun to lack testicles and repeat the same topics 9 times a week, eh? I wish I could be cool like you!

:eek:

do you live to flame? seriously most of your posts are just flaming people...i think YOU are the one trying to look cool flaming everyone

dextermyideal
07-22-2005, 10:01 AM
He doesn't do much because he's really shy

really? he doesn't look like!

nameless
07-22-2005, 10:57 AM
everyone says there are better bassists but remember they have a really tight sound without over complicating matters, the songs dont really require fancy drum and bass solos and such whereas in bands like ratm and rhcp its more open to different things!

Nitro Punk
07-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm used to it. I have never seen Greg smiling nor talking through these years I've been listening to them.

http://www.toazted.com/artistinfo.php?artist=124

Theere u can listen to Greg givin an interview!I think all interviews are on MP3 format!He sounds really cool!

smileemptysoul44
07-22-2005, 01:59 PM
he is but he is so quiet

Nirushika6789
07-22-2005, 02:12 PM
someone mentioned Greg K's dance on stage... and ive heard about it b4 but ive never seen it.... has anyone got a pic of it or a vid of it???
if so...will u post it or post a link??

Swill
07-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Greg K = Legend
________
THREESOME BIKINI (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1060/bikini/videos/1)

Sinister
07-22-2005, 02:18 PM
someone mentioned Greg K's dance on stage... and ive heard about it b4 but ive never seen it.... has anyone got a pic of it or a vid of it???
if so...will u post it or post a link??

if you've got ANY Offspring video, you're likely to see a few seconds of it. if not :

tons of pics (http://images.google.ca/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=greg+k&btnG=Search)

Nirushika6789
07-22-2005, 02:20 PM
if you've got ANY Offspring video, you're likely to see a few seconds of it. if not :

tons of pics (http://images.google.ca/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=greg+k&btnG=Search)

thanks but i mean is it an actual dance or is it just that thing he like moving his leg back and forward and moving his bass back and forward, and sort of nodding his head????

Sinister
07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
its not actually dancing, just a "move". but it rocks.

Nirushika6789
07-22-2005, 02:25 PM
its not actually dancing, just a "move". but it rocks.

well can u describe it for me??? plz im hopeless

Sinister
07-22-2005, 02:26 PM
he like moving his leg back and forward and moving his bass back and forward, and sort of nodding his head.

Nirushika6789
07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
yea i have seen it then!! yea its cool

Sinister
07-22-2005, 03:26 PM
did you notice I was quoting you EXACTLY ?

DougieD
07-22-2005, 03:59 PM
what the hell are you guys talking about? Greg gets the most chicks out of the whole band. Usually they are under the age of 16 but that's besides the point.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
07-30-2005, 04:59 AM
lol, Greg K probably doesn't feel under rated if you ask me, he just wants to be left alone from the public, i remember Noodles saying that he's a very Down To Earth type of person and shy/quiet, i guess thats just him, i reckon he rocks! and i love his "Greg K Shimmy" lol. Rock On Greg K! :D

Nirushika6789
07-30-2005, 05:35 AM
did you notice I was quoting you EXACTLY ?

yea thats why i brushed it to the side lol

DexterWannabe
07-30-2005, 11:06 AM
greg k is really good basist but not the best one in the whole world, i mean he is not playing any hard bass-lines but i like him most of all basist!

bouncingcoles
07-31-2005, 10:24 AM

greg k is the man!!!!! fuck ya!!!