PDA

View Full Version : Is This How Many Of You See America As...

Moose
11-14-2004, 10:38 PM
America/your head's too big/because
America/your belly's too big
and I love you/I just wish you'd stay where
you is/in
America/the land of the Free, they said
and of opportunity/in a Just and a Truthful way
but where the President
is never black, female or gay
and until that day
you've got nothing to believe/in
America/you know where
you can shove your hamburger
and don't you wonder
why in Estonia they say
"hey you, you big fat pig"/"you big fat pig"
"you big fat pig"-?
Steely-blue eyes/ with no love in them
scan the world
and a humourless smile with no warmth
within/greets the world
and I/have got nothing/to offer you
just this heart deep and true
which you say you don't need
See with your eyes
touch with your hands - please
know in your soul
hear through your ears - please
for haven't you me with you now?
and I love you
I love you
I love you

this is by Morrissey, the song is called "America Is Not The World"

I find this song to be pretty true, its like a love/hate relationship with many of us when it comes to america. what do you think?

Little_Miss_1565
11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I like that song a lot, and Morissey is my ideal asexual loverman.

However, Morrissey seems to think that the average American a) knows what Estonia is and b) gives a shit about what they may or may not say or think, both of which would be wrong. Unless of course we start bombing them, in which case everyone will know where it is. That frustrates me greatly.

Moose
11-14-2004, 11:29 PM
ya...well he really isnt asexual, he just doesnt have sex, or at least that is what he said when he was younger, or so ive heard. If he does have sex, he is more likely to be bisexual, he basically admits in his song that he is gay, but chances are he is both, not like it matters, he is still a brilliant motherfucker even if he somehow manages to have sex with himself.

Vera
11-16-2004, 09:35 AM
Estonians would alla kirjutama.

Mota Boy
11-16-2004, 10:14 AM
I like that song a lot, and Morissey is my ideal asexual loverman.

However, Morrissey seems to think that the average American a) knows what Estonia is and b) gives a shit about what they may or may not say or think, both of which would be wrong. Unless of course we start bombing them, in which case everyone will know where it is. That frustrates me greatly.

We had a question about Estonia on my last exam in my foreign policy course and the majority of the class had no fucking clue what the question was about.

And the majority of the world seems to have a love/hate relationship with this country - we're a global hegemon and we exercize our power, which is bound to piss many people off, yet at the same time we're one of the main exporters of pop culture and represent (somewhat) an idealized land of wealth and freedom. Lately though, it seems that the world is increasingly having a difficult time seperating the two.

Little_Miss_1565
11-16-2004, 10:31 AM
ya...well he really isnt asexual, he just doesnt have sex, or at least that is what he said when he was younger, or so ive heard. If he does have sex, he is more likely to be bisexual, he basically admits in his song that he is gay, but chances are he is both, not like it matters, he is still a brilliant motherfucker even if he somehow manages to have sex with himself.

Where in the song does he "admit" that he's gay?

As of his cover story intervew in SPIN, he's still celibate and reluctant to say he's gay, straight, or bisexual, as he feels he doesn't swing any of those ways, which is why I used the term asexual as it is the closest I could come. He doesn't define himself, and I don't think anyone should define it for him.

Vera
11-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Wow, Earth logic please. Man says he doesn't want to have sex so he's teh gay!!11

SicN Twisted
11-17-2004, 12:36 AM
Most people I know didn't know what Al Quaida was until 9/11.

Moose
11-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Where in the song does he "admit" that he's gay?

As of his cover story intervew in SPIN, he's still celibate and reluctant to say he's gay, straight, or bisexual, as he feels he doesn't swing any of those ways, which is why I used the term asexual as it is the closest I could come. He doesn't define himself, and I don't think anyone should define it for him.

haha relax...he basically admits he has interest in all kinds of people. i mean i could be wrong, but the song im not sorry:

the woman of my dreams she
never came along
the woman of my dreams well
there never was one
and I'm not sorry for
for the things I've said
there's a wild man
in my head
there's a wild man
in my head

i think he kind of admits a lot in that entire song...i dunno i just think other songs say it too, chances are he doesnt perfer anything, and it doesnt matter, i never said it did.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Well, the song could mean that he's thinking of a man instead of a woman. It could also be his acknowledgement of his eccentricities. That Morrissey is an enigma.

babycraze{Angie}
11-17-2004, 06:19 PM
i dun't know if my sis is right at all about Morrissey but she refers to him as asexual cuz he doesn't have sex with either genders, and plus, I LIVE IN AMERICA! no thank you very much

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Morrissey lives in America, too...

SicN Twisted
11-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Morrissey fucking sucks.

Moose
11-18-2004, 09:18 PM
thats only because youre simple minded : P

Awedar
11-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Morrissey fucking sucks.