PDA

View Full Version : Should the French flag be amended to better represent the culture of France?

Sin Studly
07-21-2005, 09:27 PM
What do you guys think?

bd007h
07-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I think it should be an all-white flag.

coke_a_holic
07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure if you noticed my french flag (http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?ijn1xg1en0uw) in the stupid artpad thread. I think that it displays how I feel.

bd007h
07-21-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure if you noticed my french flag (http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?ijn1xg1en0uw) in the stupid artpad thread. I think that it displays how I feel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/bd007h/emoticons/clap.gif

RXP
07-22-2005, 01:01 AM
The French flag should have the EU flag on it since they bum them in the ass all day.

Sin Studly
07-22-2005, 01:23 AM
I expected a giant close-up of a wet throbbing vagina.

Sin Studly
07-22-2005, 05:37 AM
It misrepresents the nation of France because it isn't all white, you stupid cunt.

foxy
07-22-2005, 08:49 AM
dont take the piss out of the french there not here to defend them selfs
and we know how good the are at that! :D

Endymion
07-22-2005, 09:07 AM
sin doesn't mean to imply anything about the french monarchy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_flag

HornyPope
07-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Hehe the white flag is incidently a symbol of French royalty. Can it get any more fitting?

Endymion
07-22-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry, I thought he was knowledgeable enough to know that the international white flag of surrender has nothing to do with ours.

...which is why he started a poll asking if it should be changed.

maybe people should just wave the french flag when they want to surrender.

0r4ng3
07-22-2005, 10:57 AM
maybe people should just wave the french flag when they want to surrender.
Actually, that's a better idea.

Sin Studly
07-22-2005, 05:14 PM
we chose, WE chose the red & blue stripes, so it doesn't misrepresent us, a contrario, it is zi perfect vehicle to be respected throughout the universe.

I bolded the parts that directly contradict each other.

ruroken
07-22-2005, 06:10 PM
How many times have they surrendered?

Sin Studly
07-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I keep forgetting the part in my history textbooks that explains how the French singlehandedly defeated the Germans in WW2 instead of launching a few partisan resistance operations before having their callow Gallic butts saved by America and Russia.

dextermyideal
07-23-2005, 07:59 AM
man, i don't understand your question...

Sin Studly
07-23-2005, 08:40 AM
FRENCH MILITARY HISTORY
As taught by a deluded Frogophile.

Dev says: and how did the french overthrow the germans in WW2? he talked about it on the bbs

Maria says: hmm
Maria says: we did the Resistance

Dev says: the hells that

Maria says: underhand groups that fought everything, set up bombs on the rails, turned snipers when there was a commando in sight...
Maria says: we were truly great
Maria says: & de Gaulle created the France Libre from England
Maria says: tehy were inked
Maria says: they were linked sorries

Dev...says: the frenchies must kick ass

Maria says: they do
Maria says: alas, so many are jealous on the board taht they don't accept that simple fact

Dev... says: what else have they won

Maria says: kinda
Maria says: they won the American War of Independance

Dev...says: they did?

Maria says: they won alongside the English, Yanks & Russinas in WW2
Maria says: they did.

Dev...says: i thought they like, quit or something

Maria says: no
Maria says: the Resistance testifies as to their NOT quitting
Maria says: officially we did
Maria says: though

Dev... says: so like 5 guys didnt quit?
Dev... says: and the rest did
Dev... says: i wouldnt call that the french as a whole

Maria says: we were crushed

the_GoDdEsS
07-23-2005, 08:45 AM
What exactly do you mean by 'realistic'?

Sin Studly
07-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Like every other conquered nation in the history of the world. Your pitiful performance is nothing to be proud of.

Sin Studly
07-23-2005, 10:34 AM
If by 10 billion you mean one, I can see how your delusion allows you to believe the French are internationally respected.

0r4ng3
07-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Will you SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOh, buuuurn.

[/sarcasm]

Metal_Luigi
07-23-2005, 01:50 PM
This is just plain stupid, french are not cowards, and even if they were I would like them more than "the all-powerful americans"

This topic sucks and should have never been created.

Sin Studly
07-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Not only are you biased

I'm the biased one, yet you're the one who claims I made ten billion threads about your cowardly people when I only made one. Seriously, that's a pretty big fucking difference, Maria.

I guess the approach French Historians use to glamorise their shameful history is being accepted by French mathematicians too ; Make up impossible and completely retarded claims, then insist anyone who disagrees is biased against you.

Metal_Luigi
07-24-2005, 10:03 AM
If your avatar reprensents what you think, you must think the Nazis history is more "honorable". That's a fucking shame, people like you should not exist anymore, we're in a civilized world (Supposedly...)

Sin Studly
07-24-2005, 10:58 AM
The Nazis were still fighting when the Soviets reached Berlin. The French, however...

THE BATTLE OF FRANCE
Conflict: World War II
Date: May 10, 1940 - June 22, 1940
Place: France
Result Decisive German victory

German Casualties
27,000 dead,
110,000 wounded
18,000 missing

French Casualties
401,000 dead or wounded
1,900,000 French captured

http://www.davidstuff.com/france-surrender2.jpg

outofex1le
07-24-2005, 03:21 PM
x.x I love how people hate the French because they refused to help America in an unjust war, even though there are plenty of other countries that also refused.

0r4ng3
07-24-2005, 03:26 PM
x.x I love how people hate the French because they refused to help America in an unjust war, even though there are plenty of other countries that also refused.
Nothing in this entire thread has anything to do with France's refusal to help America.

Sin Studly
07-24-2005, 03:29 PM

If you think that's the only reason (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=448693&postcount=30) people hate the French, you're a fucking idiot.

outofex1le
07-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Sorry, I was just reading the other France topic, and must have got them mixed up. I'm retarded like that. ><

Metal_Luigi
07-24-2005, 04:58 PM
The Nazis were still fighting when the Soviets reached Berlin. The French, however...

THE BATTLE OF FRANCE
Conflict: World War II
Date: May 10, 1940 - June 22, 1940
Place: France
Result Decisive German victory

German Casualties
27,000 dead,
110,000 wounded
18,000 missing

French Casualties
401,000 dead or wounded
1,900,000 French captured

http://www.davidstuff.com/france-surrender2.jpg

Exactly, you just confirmed my opinion, you're an asshole. You think invading all Europe for no reason but the pleasure of a man is more honorable than to surrender a lost in advance war. Dude, you have to rethink your priorities.

Sin Studly
07-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Exactly, you just confirmed my opinion, you're an asshole. You think invading all Europe for no reason but the pleasure of a man is more honorable than to surrender a lost in advance war. Dude, you have to rethink your priorities.

The German people were starving to death as a result of the unfair war reparations extorted from them by the snivelling cowardly French after WWI. The only reason they managed to turn their economy around was the Nazi party and the Second World War. If you think it was all because Hitler felt like it, you know nothing about history, economics or politics.

Honour is doing the right thing for your nation and your allies. Hitler did that. France didn't. Not only did France surrender almost immediately and leave their allies to do the fighting for them, they actually fought against them during D-Day.

Metal_Luigi
07-24-2005, 05:40 PM
The economy was bad all over the world at that time, and yes WWII helped Germany along with other countries to get back on track.

BUT, war is the easiest solution, no one will know when you attack, that the real coward strategy. Germany backtabbed all of Europe and even the Russians who were their allies at some point. The real cowards were the nazis, not the French.

And for the french who got against their own country, they don't represent the majority, yes indeed there were some traitors... but you could have found that in any country invaded like that.

Sin Studly
07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
War was the only solution for Germany at the stage, people were literally starving to death in the streets, and workers were being paid millions of reichmarks a day, then having to rush to the stores because the value of reichmarks was plummetting so quickly they'd be worthless after several hours. Added to this, the French wouldn't shut up about WW1, and had designs on taking Germany in it's weakened state, the only reason they didn't act on them was because they were still being paid their extortion money, and didn't want to upset their allies by attacking a country that was defeated by America and England (and not France) and under a peace treaty with them.

And all of Europe knew the war was coming for years, they just didn't want to accept it until Germany actually struck. Honestly, how can you watch a economically decimated nation convert into the most powerful military force on the planet without knowing what's coming next? And backstabbing? Hell no. Not even in the case of the Russians, who were enemies with Germany for ages, never their allies, they were simply under a 'nonaggression pact', the type of thing that gets broken all the time, by most nations on Earth, that is pretty much expected to be broken. And lets not forget the number of times Hitler helped out his worthless allies, the Italians. He stood by them no matter what, even when they were almost as worthless as the French, bailing them out in battle after battle and even rescuing Mussolini when he was captured.

Germany was defeated in WW1, for sure, bankrupted, subjugated, crushed and stomped down into a broken nation people thought would never, ever be able to rise again, but within twenty-five years it was ready to take on the entire world.

And it did.

Claiming that the Nazis were more cowardly than the French is possibly the most ludicrously retarded statement I've ever heard, but then ; it fits in perfectly with this 'French Revisionist History' you get taught.

coke_a_holic
07-24-2005, 06:40 PM
And lets not forget the number of times Hitler helped out his worthless allies, the Italians. He stood by them no matter what, even when they were almost as worthless as the French, bailing them out in battle after battle and even rescuing Mussolini when he was captured.
I'm not sure if I have my history right, but wasn't Mussolini basically Hitler's bitch? I might be thinking of the US and Castro, but didn't Hitler put Mussolini into power? The Italians obviously didn't elect him (or however the leader is chosen for Italy), like the Germans did for Hitler. The Germans elected Hitler, they wanted him to be their leader, as did the Sudetenland. People make it seem as if Hitler wanted the Sudetenland for no real reason, but they wanted to be united with Germany. Hitler : Germany as Napoleon : France. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs some kind of brain transplant.

Sin Studly
07-24-2005, 07:03 PM
No, Mussolini rose to power about ten years before Hitler. He was the popular choice of the Italian people, and was either appointed as Prime Minister by the King of Italy or voted in by the people (I'm not entirely certain, wikipedia it). He was Hitlers bitch in the sense that Italy made a pretty much worthless war contribution and the Germans had to back them up at every turn. And when the King eventually dismissed and arrested him, Hitler sent that awesome Otto Von whatever commando dude to rescue him, showing loyalty to an ally even after his meagre usefulness was expended.

Something the cowardly spineless French would never even consider doing.