PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the Holiday Havoc show

Polish
11-14-2004, 11:15 PM
I have mixed feelings from it, what were all your opinions about it (for the people who saw it of course..)

dreamcube
11-15-2004, 12:17 AM
I thought it was great. I didn't Skinhead Rob, Finch and and didn't really care for the buzzcocks. All the members of Finch were so stoned. Pennywise was great and Offspring was even better. BTW, I was in the front row. This was actually my first concert.

Polish
11-15-2004, 01:33 AM
I thought it was great. I didn't Skinhead Rob, Finch and and didn't really care for the buzzcocks. All the members of Finch were so stoned. Pennywise was great and Offspring was even better. BTW, I was in the front row. This was actually my first concert.

I was right up in front too, on the right side. I thought the buzzcocks and pennywise KICKED ASS, I was actually a little disappointed with the offsprings performance. It seemed really short, and they didnt do an encore. Plus I think they only played stuff off of smash and up.....nothing from the old school. I still enjoyed it though, I think I just enjoyed their past shows a little more. Anyone else share the same feelings?

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 01:55 AM
i was in front too on the right side. did anyone here me yelling for offspring to play LAPD? dexter gave me a wierd look(yes he looked straight at me). i was so close to nabbing one of atom's drumstick pieces too. :(

the buzzcocks owned and pennywise owned even more. i got there right when the buzzcocks started to play. i was a little disappointed by offspring's performance. they only played their singles(with exceptions of Staring at the Sun, Da Hui). did anyone else get squished into the barracades to the point of not being able to breath? i didn't mind it much though because of where i was.
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Polish
11-15-2004, 02:22 AM
i was in front too on the right side. did anyone here me yelling for offspring to play LAPD? dexter gave me a wierd look(yes he looked straight at me). i was so close to nabbing one of atom's drumstick pieces too. :(

the buzzcocks owned and pennywise owned even more. i got there right when the buzzcocks started to play. i was a little disappointed by offspring's performance. they only played their singles(with exceptions of Staring at the Sun, Da Hui). did anyone else get squished into the barracades to the point of not being able to breath? i didn't mind it much though because of where i was.

hahaha yeah man, that whole right side was a huge clusterfuck. I had a spot right on the barracades myself, and was also being squished hardcore, especially by this one fat guy. About half way threw the offspring's set though I just said fuck it and went out into the crowd for the rest of the show. Heh...I'm glad It wasnt just me that found the offsprings set kind of disappointing. I would of loved to hear some of their older stuff, especially LAPD. I wish they would have talked more to the crowd too...you know...atleast pretend like they actually wanted to be there and play. It seemed like when they were done they just wanted to get the hell out of there. The crowd was pissed they didnt play an encore. It was an offspring show though, so It still kicked ass. :D

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 02:37 AM
yeah, i wish they interacted with the crowd more like pennywise does. at the end of their set dexter and greg just walked off the stage, but atom, noodles and higgins stayed behind and sarted to throw shit into the crowd which was pretty close. like i said before, i was soooo close to nabbing one of atoms drumstick pieces. even though we were squished to death, it was still fun. i was amazed at how good pennywise played. you can tell they just love every minute of playing live. dexter looked like he didn't want to be there, noodles and atom looked like they were having a blast, greg was just doing his thing, and higgins was just doing what he always does.

where on the barracade were you? just the regular front spot, or were you on the side? i was nearly in the top left corner of the barracade right in front of dexter.
________
VAPE INFO (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

samr
11-15-2004, 03:15 AM
what was that, their last gig of the tour?

of course Dexter didn't want to be there.

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 03:19 AM
what was that, their last gig of the tour?

yeah. dex said so himself at the show.
________
The Legend Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

samr
11-15-2004, 03:23 AM
did he..............

RobinoZombie
11-15-2004, 03:29 AM
setlist perhaps?

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 03:33 AM
i posted it here:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31796#post31796

it's not entirely accurate concerning the order, but that's all the songs they played.
________
PussyLicousbabe live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/PussyLicousbabe)

RobinoZombie
11-15-2004, 03:35 AM
yeah i just saw it
that list kinda sucked
:S

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 03:36 AM
Pennywise played so much better. their set kicked ass, and they sounded really good and interacted with the crowd a lot, unlike the offspring. :(
________
HornySolenn cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/HornySolenn)

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-15-2004, 06:55 AM
yeah, i ended up not being able to go.
i can understand being tired after a long tour, but this was a HOMETOWN show, they should've amped it up with an encore and old stuff.
but still, atom and noodles joining forces is good times.

CommonRider
11-15-2004, 10:33 AM
No way guys Pennywise was medicore at best, my friend that went just for pennywise was dissapointed as hell, but it is cool they played Same Old Story and Every Single Day.

Anyways the Offspring KICKED ASS! The crowd was sooo into every song it was so much fun. ive only seen a crowd go that wild during AFI and AFI has some hardcore fans, I was happy to see a crazy Offspring crowd too, but everyone was still friendly, it was great... I was at the upper middle to the right, did anyone else see that girl in white flash the crowd? heheh thats where I was. Anyways, it was a great show my favorite ive ever been too OFFSPRING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Atom is fricken amazing, Ive never seen a drummer more into it than he was, Atom if you read this you kick ass.

Polish
11-15-2004, 01:46 PM
yeah, i wish they interacted with the crowd more like pennywise does. at the end of their set dexter and greg just walked off the stage, but atom, noodles and higgins stayed behind and sarted to throw shit into the crowd which was pretty close. like i said before, i was soooo close to nabbing one of atoms drumstick pieces. even though we were squished to death, it was still fun. i was amazed at how good pennywise played. you can tell they just love every minute of playing live. dexter looked like he didn't want to be there, noodles and atom looked like they were having a blast, greg was just doing his thing, and higgins was just doing what he always does.

where on the barracade were you? just the regular front spot, or were you on the side? i was nearly in the top left corner of the barracade right in front of dexter.

Yeah I did think that was cool of Noodles, Atom and higgans to stay after and throw stuff out. I was SO close to nabbing one of noodles picks. Greg went right off like I expected, but thats cool, thats just greg. I would of atleast liked dexter to of stayed after though. I just kind of got the impression that Dex just was not into it. I was more to the right side of the barracades though, the view was pissing me off a little. I could hardly see atom.

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 07:28 PM
No way guys Pennywise was medicore at best, my friend that went just for pennywise was dissapointed as hell, but it is cool they played Same Old Story and Every Single Day.

Anyways the Offspring KICKED ASS! The crowd was sooo into every song it was so much fun. ive only seen a crowd go that wild during AFI and AFI has some hardcore fans, I was happy to see a crazy Offspring crowd too, but everyone was still friendly, it was great... I was at the upper middle to the right, did anyone else see that girl in white flash the crowd? heheh thats where I was. Anyways, it was a great show my favorite ive ever been too OFFSPRING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Atom is fricken amazing, Ive never seen a drummer more into it than he was, Atom if you read this you kick ass.
all offspring played were their singles(with exception of Da Hui, Staring at the Sun, and Americana). they didn't even play anything from ignition. how weak is that? they played relly good, i just was dissapointed in their set list.

pennywiswe had an awsome set list. here it is:

homeless
something to change
broken
my own way
homesick
waiting
every single day
fuck authority
my own country
same old story
blitzkrieg(sp?) bop
pennywise
american dream
bro hymn

they're pretty much in order, but the list might be a little off. these are the songs they played though. the ramones cover was unexpected though. i only knew two songs that the buzzcocks played though. the songs that i knew were Fast Cars and Autonomy. i didn't even know that autonomy was originally by the buzzcocks until i went to this show.
________
WELLBUTRIN LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

Sketch
11-15-2004, 11:23 PM
i thought it was the best concert ever!!! one of atoms sticks bounced off my hand! i was so freakin' mad i didnt grab it. I was on the left side looking at the stage. right in the front row with my arm hanging over the gate. it was so awesome. getting crushed was pretty fun too. I wanna do it again!! :p

lousyskater
11-16-2004, 12:54 AM
i was so close to catching one of Atom's drum stick pieces. some dude next to me grabbed it right out of the air in front of me. the bastard had longer arms than me. :mad: noodles pick flew somewhere into the left side of the crowd, so that was hopeless.
________
ZOLOFT SETTLEMENTS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

psimate
11-16-2004, 09:01 AM
when offspring plays everone will be mad and do pogo
so everbody enjoys the show
i dont know why only the crowd??? only atom and higgins like to play...
and no talk to the audience like in EU in spring, i dont know why???
and the songlist...sux
hohoho,i like the guys but ..ya know, live show is live show not only playing and then go home
:cool:

Nrk
11-16-2004, 09:08 AM
So they didn't mentioned anything about their upcoming plans? new album?

lousyskater
11-16-2004, 09:12 AM
nope. the only thing they said that was anything near telling their fans about their future plans was that their holiday havok performance was their last of their current tour.
________
HOW TO ROLL A JOINT (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

Amelia
11-22-2004, 12:38 AM
i loved it when offspring covered blitzkrieg bop with mike ness from social d. that was Vegas 2002 at the boom boom huckjam premier.

they also did kick him when he's down.

great show!

lousyskater
11-22-2004, 12:42 AM
um, this was the show in anehiem. offspring didn't cover blitzkrieg bop. pennywise did though.
________
California Dispensary (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Amelia
11-22-2004, 12:44 AM
um, this was the show in anehiem. offspring didn't cover blitzkrieg bop. pennywise did though.

I know this...i was at the show in anaheim....just remembering pennywise doing that cover reminded me of when offspring did it 2 years ago and how much it rocked