PDA

View Full Version : offspring please help us!!!!!

Skate Rat 19
07-22-2005, 02:24 PM
All I ever hear now is motherfucking goddamned EMO bands. I'm gonna go crazy, Taking Back Sunday, Good Charolete, Simple Plan, Matchbook Romance, My Chemical Romance, The Used,............... IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!!
I'm watching fuse to possibly see something about bands that are real. But no nothing but gothic EMO bands left and right. Goddamnit offspring please promote your music more or something, SAVE ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!! They say that the warped tour is supposed to stand up against evil posers and that is infested with this discrace, Bad Religion isn't even playing at the Boston Show!!!!!!!!!! Fall Out Boy right now is probably the only big band right now that isn't EMO. You guys are constsntly being beat down upon because of pretty fly and original prankster, nows your chance to seal your place in rock and roll history. I've only seen Can't Repeat air TWICE!!! Dude I've even had that song played to rockers from the sixtees and stuff who are all about the true rock like Hendrix, Led Zeplin, Ozzy, CLapton, The Who, and they thought it kicked ass as well as gone away especially. The future of rock and role depends on you. Would you be happy with bands like Interpool dominating the warped tour that your kids attend?

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Yeah I've only seen can't repeat aired once.

killer_queen
07-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Dexteeer help meee! I'm still virgin...

dain84
07-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Old men thought can't repeat was good? The only offspring song my dad really likes is Gotta Get Away. He'd probably like Gone Away too though.

Preecey
07-22-2005, 02:53 PM
I still pray to you guys! Pleeeeease help me!!!!!!111

Oh, and no pressure guys, but if you don't rock more, I'll kill myself. Or I won't kill myself, whichever's the biggest incentive.

killboybowerhead
07-22-2005, 02:54 PM
The Used is not emo. Listen to there first cd. Fall Out Boy was the worst band at warped and i consider them emo. They suck. As for the rest. MY chemical gayness sucks. but the fact is punk has gone underground. You need to promote the music more to your friends.

smileemptysoul44
07-22-2005, 02:55 PM
i wonder if music will ever be the same motely crew and thoes kind of bands went maybe offspring and offspring type bands are leaving

Nirushika6789
07-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Old men thought can't repeat was good? The only offspring song my dad really likes is Gotta Get Away. He'd probably like Gone Away too though.

my dad likes some of there songs..but hes trying extra hard to like them cos he has to come with me to Glasgow :p .... although i think he likes them a good bit now cos he likes that sort of music!! :D

ixnayyourface
07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
The Used is not emo. Listen to there first cd. Fall Out Boy was the worst band at warped and i consider them emo. They suck. As for the rest. MY chemical gayness sucks. but the fact is punk has gone underground. You need to promote the music more to your friends.
fall out boy is not an emo band. not by any standard definition of the term 'emo.' but yea. punk is making me sad. there are no new bands that are actually punk. there is a lot of crappy pop punk, some decent pop punk, and then all the emo cry babys. i do like emo, but enough is ENOUGH. i anticipate the next offspring album that we were promised so music can get cool again.

original_prankster
07-22-2005, 03:36 PM
I've seen Can't Repeat on TV four times. I must be lucky. :D

Fall Out Boy is pop-punk, not emo. They suck live, but I still like them recorded. The Used and My Chemical Romance aren't emo, either. Listen to MCR's very first album. It beats Three Cheers into the fucking ground.

bouncingcoles
07-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Fall Out Boy right now is probably the only big band right now that isn't EMO.

if you dont think fall out boy is emo your very wrong!

DougieD
07-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Who the fuck is Fall out Boy? Sounds like one of those bands people would beat you up unforgivingly just for saying you listen to them.

ruroken
07-22-2005, 05:45 PM
You're an idiot. My god, you're an idiot. THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

Shit... you're the biggest dumbass I've seen today...

IdiotOfTheDay
07-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm blessed with a kick-ass family....my dad likes the same music I do. There was this one time, I was listening to Ixnay and my dad walked into the room. Gone Away was on, and my dad said "Hey, I like this song!" So I told him it was Gone Away by the Offspring and he said "Yeah, I really like this song." I listen to the Offspring a lot in the car with my family, and my mom has even memorized most of the words to the songs on Americana...I even burned her own copy so she wouldn't always borrow mine. It's sort of weird sometimes, but at least my parents aren't always bugging me in the car when I put my music on.
And about the whole emo thing....when your parents are arguing about directions when one of them is driving, you're going to be thankful you have a little MCR to drown them out on a portable CD player. It's pretty damn effective. But I agree, emo is way overplayed, and a lot of these bands aren't even that good.

dain84
07-22-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm blessed with a kick-ass family....my dad likes the same music I do. There was this one time, I was listening to Ixnay and my dad walked into the room. Gone Away was on, and my dad said "Hey, I like this song!" So I told him it was Gone Away by the Offspring and he said "Yeah, I really like this song." I listen to the Offspring a lot in the car with my family, and my mom has even memorized most of the words to the songs on Americana...I even burned her own copy so she wouldn't always borrow mine. It's sort of weird sometimes, but at least my parents aren't always bugging me in the car when I put my music on.
And about the whole emo thing....when your parents are arguing about directions when one of them is driving, you're going to be thankful you have a little MCR to drown them out on a portable CD player. It's pretty damn effective. But I agree, emo is way overplayed, and a lot of these bands aren't even that good.
The only good things my dad has said about them is that they are catchy and he thinks Dexter would be fun to party with. He did used to like Pretty Fly and original Prankster though.

freek
07-22-2005, 09:10 PM
...I havent even seen Cant Repeat on tv, though I havent been watching any music channels lately cause now they all suck

SMASH0390
07-22-2005, 09:32 PM
pretty fly for a white guy and original prankster were sweet songs. idk why theyd b beat down for them..hmm but i do agree someone needs to save music but these guys are getting up there in age sadly..tthere times just about come to an end. i mean 3 of them are just about or over 40. or around there. sad but unless they get another album out. so glad there at warped tho thats my reason for going.

Skate Rat 19
07-23-2005, 10:45 AM
yeah I also forgot to bust on Hawthorne Heights, I hate them as well, their song came out like last year and people are thinking they're good now. Whats the big deal they're a band that makes whiney music and sucks.

Heres an emo band description
Lead singer has long hair and a whiney voice
They have a back up vocalist that has no talent and just screams and plays guitar
At least on person has short hair with the part that covers one eye
No one pays attention to they're drummer
they all wear tight clothes
the list goes on

I dont even know if I'm going to the warped tour, thats all thats there the offspring only gets like what 5 songs

SMASH0390
07-23-2005, 10:59 AM
only five? idk bout that..altho i havent been to warped b4. i hope they play more jeeze..that would kinda suck

mtj027
07-23-2005, 11:43 AM
There are two MAIn reasons why I like the offspring.

1) They have the best music
2) They dont look like fags, like this guy (http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/my_chemical_romance/thumbnails/helena82x55.jpg)

SMASH0390
07-23-2005, 12:44 PM
lmao nice pic. im wierd but for some reason i hold my chemical romance above most of the other gay emoish bands. and its strange bc it totally goes agaised my rock beliefs. my friends think im crazy probly cause i am and i probly shouldnt metion this cause now ppl are gunna want to shoot me.

imissron
07-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Finally someone who sees the world of music as i do. i fucking hate all these new bands that don't have any talent and say theyre punk but theyre not punk at all. it drives me crazy.

Skate Rat 19
07-23-2005, 03:18 PM
yeah well my chemical romance is actually pretty good for emo, I'm not okay was funny at first because of the video, and Helena was actually something you could jam to, but now it's just annoying. Green Day took a wrong turn and died(compare Dookie to American Idiot) Sum 41 almost went emo with Chuck, but still rock, All American Rejects actually have a kick ass song "dirty little secret"(i saw the making the video for it). So besides Sum 41 The Offspring and I guess AAR every single other famous band right now sucks balls. I really think the offspring could save rock and roll with another album as solidly kick ass Ixnay but as famous as Smash.

SMASH0390
07-23-2005, 05:15 PM
no body likes green day anymore for two reasons.
1) posers killed it. the wrong ppl get ahold of it
2) it went different on american idiot with its rock operaish songs

im a fan through thier whole discography not afraid to say that unlike the my chemical romance thing but its retarted to even bring this up bc shit flies if u even mention them

as for that american rejects song. i dont see a difference between that and crap emo...maybe its me...idk. but i completely agree with the solid as ixnay famous as smash. if they have an 8th album.which will almost certainly b thier last, i hope they go out in a huge bang.

GunForHire
07-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I've seen Can't Repeat at least a dozen times, if not more, which it probably is. Also, it's Offspring Weekend this weekend on Kerrang in the UK (think Fuse, only not as good), so they've been on non stop this weekend. There's been interviews, the live stuff from the CMVC DVD, and of course all their videos on heavy rotation. Go Offspring :D

hostage
07-23-2005, 09:40 PM
first of all FUCK EMO
the best type of music is punk and it's bands like(the offspring,
the ramones,black flag,ect) that really defined it.
And once again Fuck emo

Apathy
07-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Fall Out Boy is full-blown Emo. It's better than most though, some of the only good emo. Fuse still kicks the shit out of mtv. Emo is better than Rap.

Skate Rat 19
07-24-2005, 04:25 PM
it doesn't take rocket scientist to realize its better than rap, at least new rap, not only does it pollute sound, it turns people into assholes. It's why black people have a terrible stereo type. Everyone thinks they all are a bunch of thugs and hoes and what not. It's not true, millions are but thousands aren't. The old rap was about funk and dance clubs like cant touch this, that was still not better than rock but it was fun and harmless, like Hit That, not meant to live by or take too seriously. Martin Luther King would cry to see what the African American community has come to, not because of oppresion, but because of themselves. Thats what is so sad about it. Why cant we just go back to the 90's when everything was good, I remember it a little as a kid and toddler, music is the only way I can connect back to it, when I heard Self Esteem, the beggining with the bla bla bla la la bla bla la la bla bla, I got like a rush of old memoeries and realized who the offspring was and it was like everything clicked like a big puzzle or something. Nothing but warm memories from the 90's. I hate this new mellenium