PDA

View Full Version : Neocon-Designed to be played at hockey games

endlesst0m
07-23-2005, 02:29 PM
anyone agree? i think this song was just made so they can make money when they play it at hockey games...

jrk247
07-23-2005, 02:31 PM
I think it's just a intro.

Sinister
07-23-2005, 02:33 PM
haha. I went to see my school's football coach so he could make it the team anthem. he didn't. and then I suggested Defy You and he didn't like it either. but a friend of mine told me their anthem used to be The Kids Aren't Alright.

Hypodermic_89
07-23-2005, 02:35 PM
haha. I went to see my school's football coach so he could make it the team anthem. he didn't. and then I suggested Defy You and he didn't like it either. but a friend of mine told me their anthem used to be The Kids Aren't Alright.

Laughing out loud

TMDGJ
07-23-2005, 03:53 PM
It is a good song on a hockey game or at least when entering but i hardly think that was the purpose.

endlesst0m
07-23-2005, 03:55 PM
it seems like its about sports

IdiotOfTheDay
07-23-2005, 04:11 PM
it seems like its about sports
It seems like it's something the Offspring would write. It has pretty much the same theme as Defy You. So are you going to say that Defy You was designed simply for sports, too? I think the band would have made it obvious if it were designed to be played at some sporting event.
Now One Fine Day, that's the perfect anthem for sports.

Iddy
07-23-2005, 04:14 PM
It has a war like sound... about refusing to surrender or be broken. Sport is a playful war.. it is all about defending territory... so i can see the connection, but i think its more just refusel to confom to a rigid, uncompromisiong society.

undesiredhope17
07-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Neocon is the song I listen to when I need to be pumped up for something, it works very effectively as well

Metal_Luigi
07-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Neocon is the song I listen to when I need to be pumped up for something, it works very effectively as well

That's what I was about to say... in other words, but that's exactly what I think too.

neocon58
07-23-2005, 09:16 PM
search up neocon in google or dictionary.com and you might get a better idea of what the songs about

Sinister
07-23-2005, 09:36 PM
neocon = neo conservative ? what the ???

Venom Symbiote
07-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Uh...of course it means neo-conservative.

What are you, even more of a dumbfuck than most of the grinchy little turds here?

Neo-conservative. New-conservative.

The song's loosely political. Basically saying that liberal hippies like Noodles aren't going to stand by and let more right-wing folks of their same generation start running everything (ie. the businessman/lawyer types). SO, logically, in reality it's closer in theme to, say, "Change the World" than "Defy You" or "One Fine Day".

Twats.

neocon58
07-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Neo-conservative. New-conservative.

The song's loosely political. Basically saying that liberal hippies like Noodles aren't going to stand by and let more right-wing folks of their same generation start running everything (ie. the businessman/lawyer types). SO, logically, in reality it's closer in theme to, say, "Change the World" than "Defy You" or "One Fine Day".

Twats.

Bingo. We have a winner.

punk_riOt
07-24-2005, 05:06 AM
lol..i think its just an intro

endlesst0m
07-24-2005, 09:53 PM
yeah those fuckers knew they could get played even more at hockey games thats why they wrote it. you can say "yeah i doubt they wrote a song for hockey all you want" but i still think its for hockey. the lyrics, clap along rythm, AND chant??! cmon!!

Venom Symbiote
07-25-2005, 02:46 AM
QUOTE:
"lol..i think its just an intro"

Yeah, and I think you have the brain capacity of a piece of dental-floss. Go and watch some Channel V, "lol"-boy.

QUOTE:
"yeah those fuckers knew they could get played even more at hockey games thats why they wrote it. you can say "yeah i doubt they wrote a song for hockey all you want" but i still think its for hockey. the lyrics, clap along rythm, AND chant??! cmon!!"

You're clearly suffering from a not-so-mild case of Down Syndrome. There there, it's alright. Here, have a wowwipop. ;)

It's nothing to do with sports, ya little lube-monkey.

neocon58
07-25-2005, 04:11 AM
yeah those fuckers knew they could get played even more at hockey games thats why they wrote it. you can say "yeah i doubt they wrote a song for hockey all you want" but i still think its for hockey. the lyrics, clap along rythm, AND chant??! cmon!!

I'm not even going to bother typing '*cough*' before 'retard' for you.

You're clearly suffering from a not-so-mild case of Down Syndrome.

indeed.

http://www.down-syndrom.ch/Fotos/Welcom1.jpg

deep-fried dog-food sushi
07-25-2005, 07:36 AM
when i first heard neocon i pictured it as a football chant

endlesst0m
07-25-2005, 09:54 AM
guess what? i STILL think it sounds like its for sports. and thats why i said i sounds like its for sports. In what other songs do you hear clapping and chanting. if you can't see that they made this to make money off hockey games, then your a mongloid.