PDA

View Full Version : The DVD is fucking great.

neocon58
07-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Way better than huck it or americana.

That is all.

SkunkIt
07-24-2005, 12:17 AM
I don't have it yet, but I'll get it.

Drummerguy123
07-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Mine still didn't come in the mail. :mad:

Venom Symbiote
07-24-2005, 01:05 AM
WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU BUY IT SO EARLY, YOU TOSH-NUGGETY SON OF A WALRUS?!

HMV told me it's out tomorrow here in Australia (25th). I asked last week.

Fuck. I worked all day today, couldn't go and check if hey were selling it early like they did with Americana. I have a day off tomorrow, though, so I'm picking it up very first thing.

FUCK. I have bought EVERY official Offspring release since 1997 on opening day, starting with Ixnay. The circle hath been broken.

I'll perform cunnilingus on your aunty, O' Bringer of Bad News. :(

neocon58
07-24-2005, 02:45 AM
WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU BUY IT SO EARLY, YOU TOSH-NUGGETY SON OF A WALRUS?!

HMV told me it's out tomorrow here in Australia (25th). I asked last week.

Fuck. I worked all day today, couldn't go and check if hey were selling it early like they did with Americana. I have a day off tomorrow, though, so I'm picking it up very first thing.

FUCK. I have bought EVERY official Offspring release since 1997 on opening day, starting with Ixnay. The circle hath been broken.

Of all places, sanity had it a day early!

go for it, son.

Aimeht
07-24-2005, 03:03 AM
Way better than huck it or americana.

That is all.

You mean the video collection dvd? I want that too... Goddamnit! I can't afford it right now, I'm afraid.

killer_queen
07-24-2005, 03:05 AM
I still don't have the GH. I hate my country.

Aimeht
07-24-2005, 03:13 AM
I still don't have the GH. I hate my country.
Can't you order it somewhere else?

sneedo
07-24-2005, 04:56 AM
I got my dvd in the mail yesterday with Club Me and the Tshirt :D

jrk247
07-24-2005, 05:02 AM
I got my dvd in the mail yesterday with Club Me and the Tshirt :D
You lucky bastard! :D

I bought my DVD 3 days ago.

offspring kid
07-24-2005, 05:16 AM
i'll get the dvd Tommorow !

killer_queen
07-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Can't you order it somewhere else?
Nah. I need a credit card and mommy doesn't give hers.

Preecey
07-24-2005, 05:47 AM
It's a good DVD. If it had interviews that'd make it complete. Nothing beats Greg K jumping off a radio tower to the sound of Special Delivery on Huck It, though.

Autonomist
07-25-2005, 02:56 AM
Nothing beats Greg K jumping off a radio tower to the sound of Special Delivery on Huck It, though.

Except for the Complete Music Video Collection. I just got it and I thought I'd revive this thread just to say - fuck, it's AWESOME!

My favourite parts would be the live footage with Atom (he's such a great drummer, and fucking amazing to watch) and the commentary I found pretty funny at times.

Venom Symbiote
07-25-2005, 03:12 AM
Eh, I found it to be kind of a let-down. Sure, the stuff that's there is pretty awesome, and it had everything that I'd expected: just not anything more. No surprises, nothing in-deep or really new I guess.

The performances were all off the Splinter (ach, blech) and Americana (cool, but still no dice!) tours, which was a bitch. Hardly career-encompassing material.

The "Get It Right" secret thing was cool, but I'm shitted off that that'd the only "old" thing on the package, aside from the Americana pre-S/T practice footage, which I have already.

It's nice viewing, but it just seemed a little half-arsed is all. Greg was barely in the damn thing at all, they could have done a nice little friendly "water-under-the-bridge" catch-up interview with Ron, had a little "meet li'l Atom over here" thingie, way more old-school footage, etc.

They also could have planned the newer "Can't Repeat" video edit to coincide with the new DVD release, too. There's no excuse for that not being included.

So all in all, what's there is fun, the 5.1 mixes are nice, and the commentaries cool and for the most-part insightful. There just isn't a whole lot of meat to the package outside of the obligatory videoclips. Which, really, is a bit of a bitch.

It doesn't really do justice to a "Greatest Hits" sum-up of The Offspring's career - that's my only problem with it, I guess. Could have been more solid overall.

Meh. *shrugs*

*giggles like a little schoolgirl, seeing the "All I Want" and "Meaning of Life" clips again after all this time - in DVD-quality format, to boot!* :)

RobinoZombie
07-25-2005, 03:54 AM
mine stil hasent come in the mail..fucking cdon.com bastards...i got the GH on the release date from ginza.se...

offspring_freak_3
07-25-2005, 08:56 AM
lucky guys! I donīt have mine yet. I have to wait till august 25 :(
I hate you guys! :p

platinumpt
07-25-2005, 09:31 AM
My opinion is that the DVD music collection shits on the GH, really! I loved the stuff they have there, and I found out I already had the mp3 of most songs they recorded live eheheh oh and that kids aren't alright "thing" was cool, but ruined my plans to rip it to mp3 and put it on my best of live album :mad: stupid whore

I wish there was more old stuff, like the rest of the live footage from where "get it right" was taken, that would be really awesome, but they've already used lots and lots of time with the live performances and the videoclips, so maybe the DVD was full or something... I don't care, it was great anyway!

Offspringirl_BR
07-25-2005, 09:36 AM
It seems that here in Brazil will take more time... september maybe! :eek:

The Cinder
07-31-2005, 10:56 AM
mine stil hasent come in the mail..fucking cdon.com bastards...i got the GH on the release date from ginza.se...

I orded the "americana" DVD from cdon.com last year and I havent got it jet!
I hate the fucking cdon.com.

Cerberus
07-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Yes the new dvd is great. But it should have had couple of more live videos.

Pyro
07-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the DVD is great! The quality is frickin' awsome.... but... where is the Million Miles Away video??? :confused: Yeah I know it's a record from a show at Wembley, but it's still a video...

darko
07-31-2005, 12:25 PM
I havent got my DVD yet.......hate woolies! they know jack!

wishomie
07-31-2005, 12:28 PM
I love the Dvd.

Homer
07-31-2005, 12:31 PM
How many actually finished watching the DVD where it was supposed to be ended? By that I mean at the end of the live videos, which is where I finished.

Tisiacs
07-31-2005, 01:19 PM
It seems that here in Brazil will take more time... september maybe! :eek:

i bought mine on mercadolivre.com.br ...

vintagepunkrock7
07-31-2005, 01:24 PM
i really like the dvd, but i still like the dvd side of GH more. i got mine either the day or the day after it was realeased, i pre-ordered it. its a good thing too, because none of the stores around here have it.

Amazed
07-31-2005, 01:47 PM

I ordered it from cdon.com and I got an e-mail today that said they've sent it and that I would get it in 2 days. =)

Obie2trice
07-31-2005, 04:04 PM
I`ve bought it in Holland the day I came back from my holiday. It`s on everyday, it`s really a great dvd

original_prankster
07-31-2005, 04:06 PM
AWesome DVD. I quoted part of the Gone Away commentary. No it ain't quoted word for word, but...still.

sphinxdaking
08-01-2005, 10:37 AM
is there a thread for all the dvd secrets?

NDM1
08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
yeah the features are awesome here you go.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12511&highlight=Hidden+features