PDA

View Full Version : Where's Lightening Rod on this tour ?

Fernômeno
11-15-2004, 12:11 PM
I think that Lightening Rod is one of the best songs that offspring ever made, so here come's the question, why they not played this great song on every show they made on the splinter tour ? I can't understand that... :(

Obie2trice
11-15-2004, 12:21 PM
I don`t understand that neither, it`s a great song indeed just like Never Gonna Find Me

MirandaV
11-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Uh-huh....

original_prankster
11-15-2004, 12:29 PM
It's my third favorite song on the album(my other two being Da Hui & Spare Me The Details)so I don't understand either :(

Nrk
11-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Too hard to do live. They could do NGFM.

Tired_Of_You
11-15-2004, 01:27 PM

Too hard to do live ? How's that?

Fernômeno
11-15-2004, 01:49 PM

At first I thought that it was to hard to do it live just like you said, especcialy because of the backs on this song, but after going to the show in sao paulo last month, I don't believe in this anymore. Dexter can sing any song just like in the cd versions, noodles can do any kind of voice in any song, higgins has all the tools to work especial efects in any of their songs, and for god sake....they are the offspring, they can't just not sing a song on a show because it's hard...everyone thought that blink would never sing I miss you live because it was a very difficult song full of especial things in it, and they played i miss you live a lot of times. If blink, that is a band that frequently sucks live can play a song like i miss you in a show, offspring that is a band of pro's can play lightening rod any time you ask...

Nrk
11-16-2004, 12:20 PM
True, it still is the Offspring, the song is just too intense i think to do.