PDA

View Full Version : Offspring In chicago 7/23

guibassmadman
07-24-2005, 08:37 AM
the Offspring rocked Chicago yesterday on the warped tour. it was so awesome. Did anyone else see them yesterday at the chicago show. please post about it if you did see them yesterday in chicago.

I got a question though did the offspring spray the crowd down with a fire hose at any other warped tour sites and can any one tell me what there whole set list was if they remember because i can only remember bad habit, pretty fly, cant repeat, come out and play, self esteem and im a little blurry on the rest so if someone could help me out with that it would be highly appreciated

Tigress
07-24-2005, 11:50 AM
First of all, the show was fucking brilliant! And I got to meet The Offspring!!! So kill me now because I can die happy.

They didnt play 'Pretty Fly'. (thankfully) This is what they played...

All I Want
Come out and Play
Cant Repeat
Cant get my head around you
Genocide
Bad Habit
The kids arent alright
Staring at the sun
Self-esteem

Best day of my life.

NDM1
07-24-2005, 11:52 AM
HOLY CRAP you guys that show KICKED ASS! The show was insane and the songs they played were too. They played cant repeat which was kicked ass, and a lotta old stuff. I went nuts during Bad Habit and Staring at the sun. Where in the crowd were you guys? I was really close to the stage on greg k's side. It was awesome when dexter sprayed us with the hose and noodles was like "IM HAMMERD!" I agree, one of the best days of my life. What was your favorite song they played? What other bands did you guys see?

Oh yeah and after the show i was walkign back and then i look behind me and noodles is right there, so i got to say a couple words to him (great job man that was awesome etc.) and he shook my hand and said thanks which was really awesome of him.

Tigress
07-24-2005, 12:24 PM
I was like on the right side maybe 20 feet from the stage. My favorite song they played was The Kids Arent Alright because thats my all time favorite song ever. The only other band I went to see play was The Horrorpops. And they were awesome.

My brother got Noodles' guitar pick. Its the coolest pick I've ever seen!

guibassmadman
07-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Im sorry about saying awesome which is an understatement. i think friggin crazy would better suit the
preformance. any ways i was on the side right by noodles and dexter. that was great when noodles came on stage drinking a beer and throwing it at the crowed. then after come out and play when dexter said something like are u guys wasted yet and noodles was like im friggin hammered. The crowd was so far back that they were going into the booths.

I also saw relient K who were suprisingly not so bad, then Dropkick Murphy's were i was like 1 person away from the gate, they were friggin awesome too, i was able to give there singer Al Barr a pat on the back when he got off stage during Boys on the Docks when he stuck the mike right in front of my face. When al told everybody to get on stage the security guard stopped letting people on after like the first 30 Secs. Pissed me off i couldn't get on stage though. I also saw MxPx, Transplant which were pretty cool, my friend got so lucky cause he caught one of Travis Barkers Drumsticks. Then off coure i saw Offspring then got the hell out of there.

Anyways, Dude who met Noodles Like how did u meet him and did u get a picture or an autograph or something please tell me more about your encounter with the Ex high school Janitor.

NDM1
07-24-2005, 12:35 PM
well i was just walking back from their going to get somethign to drink when i turn around for no reason and hes just about to leave. So i went up to him and i just patted him on the back and was like great job dude that was awesome. He was like thanks man im glad you enjoyed it then i got him to sign my ticket stub. You dont have to wait arond in a line for 5 hours you just have to be in the right place at the right time i guess.

Tigress
07-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I waited in line for 2 hours to meet them. And it was damn well worth it. I made it my lifes goal to meet them before I die, and I finally got the chance so I would have waited 10 hours if I had to.

Mutrix
07-24-2005, 01:51 PM
you're very luuuucky guys..... why didn't I born in the US...Meet the offspring is ALL I WANT
I live in Brazil, oh :(... I've seen the Offspring last year.... it's was the only time I saw them live.... I was alone fighting against the crowd to see them... I'm short, so it was a hard work...... About an half-hour playing the people was getting tired of jumping, So it was my time to jump a lot... I was jumping like a crazy, so Dexter pointed to me !!! IT WAS THE 2 SECS HAPPIEST IN MY LIFE !!! The show was great!! but they dind't meet the people like they do in the US... In the day I meet them, I'll surely die of happiness

vintagepunkrock7
07-24-2005, 09:13 PM
i got to the line to meet them late because my friend wasnt feeling well so we went to sit down, they cut it off right before me, i think i almost cried lol i was so upset. i was on the left side of the stage, i never made it over to the right side where i actually wanted to be, the crowd was crazy and today i am sore ( i can hardly lift my arms, its actually kinda funny) and cut and bruised but i loved every second of it. i dont think i ever stopped jumping. my friend, who has never been to a concert, had fun but she lost her glasses in the pits so she was alittle upset. i tried to keep an eye on her but her glasses were knocked off by a crowd surfer. i told her before hand if it was too much that she could get out and meet me at a certain booth but she refused to leave, she was determined to stay. the fire hose was a godsend, i think i might have passed out if they hadnt done that. i loved when noodles was like, you guys are fucking beautiful! or something like that, because i hear he does that at like every show. the only thing i was upset about was when dexter said, how about something old! i was expecting (and so excited about) a song from ignition, but then they played genocide from smash. every song rocked but i was really hoping to hear something from ignition. cant wait for their next tour!

Conspiracy of One
07-24-2005, 09:16 PM
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!! I couldda gone to the show if i dint take a trip up to WISCONSIN!!!!!!!! Dammit! :mad:

kickass0987654321
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I wish I did.

dextermyideal
07-25-2005, 12:05 AM
pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase don't speak about their show...

* i can't go there... *

NDM1
07-25-2005, 11:00 AM
i got to the line to meet them late because my friend wasnt feeling well so we went to sit down, they cut it off right before me, i think i almost cried lol i was so upset. i was on the left side of the stage, i never made it over to the right side where i actually wanted to be, the crowd was crazy and today i am sore ( i can hardly lift my arms, its actually kinda funny) and cut and bruised but i loved every second of it. i dont think i ever stopped jumping. my friend, who has never been to a concert, had fun but she lost her glasses in the pits so she was alittle upset. i tried to keep an eye on her but her glasses were knocked off by a crowd surfer. i told her before hand if it was too much that she could get out and meet me at a certain booth but she refused to leave, she was determined to stay. the fire hose was a godsend, i think i might have passed out if they hadnt done that. i loved when noodles was like, you guys are fucking beautiful! or something like that, because i hear he does that at like every show. the only thing i was upset about was when dexter said, how about something old! i was expecting (and so excited about) a song from ignition, but then they played genocide from smash. every song rocked but i was really hoping to hear something from ignition. cant wait for their next tour!

Hey, i was on the left side of the stage too... I was like the only person there with a black offspring tshirt that just had their name and a skull on it. I have long hair and am pretty tall. What do you look like, i might have seen you there...

NDM1
07-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Also my friend was wearing an As Cities Burn shirt, and my other friend was really tall with red hair.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-25-2005, 11:48 AM
they played LAPD at the long beach show.

vintagepunkrock7
07-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Hey, i was on the left side of the stage too... I was like the only person there with a black offspring tshirt that just had their name and a skull on it. I have long hair and am pretty tall. What do you look like, i might have seen you there...
i probly did see you, but i dont really remember anyone cuz i did not pay that much attention to people lol but maybe you saw me. i am kinda tall for a girl, 5'11, i was wearing a black tank top with bush on it(that may require explanation lol) and black capris and i have long hair but by that time it was pulled back. i also have black frame glasses and my friend with me was short heavy set and wearing a green shirt.

bouncingcoles
07-26-2005, 07:33 AM
I waited in line for 2 hours to meet them. And it was damn well worth it. I made it my lifes goal to meet them before I die, and I finally got the chance so I would have waited 10 hours if I had to.

haha your so lucky!!! thats my life goal too!!! i still havent completed it yet though

NDM1
07-26-2005, 09:43 AM
i probly did see you, but i dont really remember anyone cuz i did not pay that much attention to people lol but maybe you saw me. i am kinda tall for a girl, 5'11, i was wearing a black tank top with bush on it(that may require explanation lol) and black capris and i have long hair but by that time it was pulled back. i also have black frame glasses and my friend with me was short heavy set and wearing a green shirt.

Woah. I think i honestly really did see you there. I remember the taller girl wiht a black tank top kind of close to me. Haha thats pretty cool. :)

vintagepunkrock7
07-26-2005, 11:45 PM
lol that is pretty cool, i probly pushed you a few times if you were by me then lol. i forgot to mention my tattoos, i have an offspring skull in red and black on my left arm and a sacred heart with a bird in the flame on my right arm. usually people remember that kinda stuff more than other things.

NDM1
07-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Jeez, it really was you! haha yeah im sure we both pushed eachother once or twice. That is pretty cool tho. Show was insane wasnt it?

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Stop Fuck'n Rubbing It In! Let This Thread Die So I Dont Have To Look At The Title Wishing I Went!

vintagepunkrock7
07-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Jeez, it really was you! haha yeah im sure we both pushed eachother once or twice. That is pretty cool tho. Show was insane wasnt it?
oh do you remember seeing my tattoos lol? actually yes it was insane, especially since i wasnt expecting it to be just because it was at warped, but it was great there were actually decent mosh pits going, i love every single bruise i have!