PDA

View Full Version : the Bubble Boy movie

IdiotOfTheDay
07-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Know the movie Bubble Boy that came out in 2001? The one with Jake Gyllenhaal? It has Come Out and Play in it, when the bikers and the cult members are fighting...I don't know if anyone else knew this, but this is the first time I actually got to see the movie in full, so I'm just starting to notice this stuff.

icklebabygremlin
07-24-2005, 08:42 AM
kool i didnt no that

Manic subsidal
07-24-2005, 09:43 AM
I can't believe I didn't even notice that song back then while I was watching this movie at the theaters with my friend.

Damn, now if I hear less than 1 second of an Offspring song, I'll recognize which song it is. Well at least for most of them.

mrconeman
07-24-2005, 09:53 AM
I recognised it when I first heard/saw it :cool:

Its actualy quite a good film

Sinister
07-24-2005, 10:33 AM
any of you know what the french title may be ? cause here in quebec we get the french versions. sucks a bit, especially for Idle Hands in which the dude saying Dexter's part sucks. but good thing though - the songs are in english.

dextermyideal
07-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Know the movie Bubble Boy that came out in 2001? It has Come Out and Play in it, when the bikers and the cult members are fighting...I don't know if anyone else knew this, but this is the first time I actually got to see the movie in full, so I'm just starting to notice this stuff.

I have to watch this movie.

SkyRocker
07-24-2005, 11:22 AM
any of you know what the french title may be ? cause here in quebec we get the french versions. sucks a bit, especially for Idle Hands in which the dude saying Dexter's part sucks. but good thing though - the songs are in english.
The title is the same in france

Drummerguy123
07-24-2005, 11:25 AM
I knew that the first time I saw it. It is one of my favorite movies. I love the part when he is saying the pledge of allegiance. That is funny. Does anybody know if there is a soundtrack to it? I'd like to get it.

IdiotOfTheDay
07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
I knew that the first time I saw it. It is one of my favorite movies. I love the part when he is saying the pledge of allegiance. That is funny. Does anybody know if there is a soundtrack to it? I'd like to get it.
There's a soundtrack for it, but it has nothing to do with the songs actually in the movie.

Drummerguy123
07-24-2005, 11:29 AM
There's a soundtrack for it, but it has nothing to do with the songs actually in the movie.

That's pretty retarded. I like most of the music in there.

vintagepunkrock7
07-24-2005, 08:41 PM
i actually forgot about that one until i just saw this thread and remembered because i watched it with my boyfriend who always gives me a hard time for listening to the offspring and whenever we watch movies with an offspring song in them, it always sparks up the offspring vs. metallica (he really likes metallica) argument lol.

Venom Symbiote
07-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Haven't seen it. But Gyllenhaal's a great actor, I'll probably check it out now.

Donnie Darko dude + Offspring music = at least worth a rental, in my books. :)

offspring_freak_3
07-24-2005, 10:13 PM
the movie talks about what? :confused:

Venom Symbiote
07-25-2005, 02:41 AM
...Uh. Movies "talk"? What the knob-rocket are you talking about?

I mean, I know you're from Brazil, I'll give you some leniency there, but jeez. It needs to be a little clearer there, Chief. ;)

offspring_freak_3
07-25-2005, 09:05 AM
...Uh. Movies "talk"? What the knob-rocket are you talking about?

I mean, I know you're from Brazil, I'll give you some leniency there, but jeez. It needs to be a little clearer there, Chief. ;)

ok, forget what I say :o :D i think i already know. thanks anyway

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Come Out and Play is also played in the movie "Monkey Bone". Pretty Fly is also in an episode of King of the Hill.

Unnatural Disaster
07-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Damn, now if I hear less than 1 second of an Offspring song, I'll recognize which song it is. Well at least for most of them.

I can do that too.... :cool:

Conspiracy of One
07-25-2005, 12:01 PM
ha i dint kno that!

IdiotOfTheDay
07-26-2005, 04:33 AM
And Want You Bad is in American Pie 2.

panzor41
07-26-2005, 06:10 AM
In Varsity Blues....It's some football movie when they come out of the locker room all pumped up they play Nitro....As soon as i heard the drums coming in I started going nuts......it was fun.... :D