PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis Set List!!

mn_noodles_fan
07-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Offspring Fans - Thought I would pass along to you the songs the guys played in Minneapolis. I was up front for the whole set. It was insane. These are not in exact order but close and these are all the songs the guys played:

All I Want
Come Out and Play
Session
Can't Repeat
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Kids Arnt Alright
Staring at the Sun
Self Esteem

Again, these are all of the song they played today. They did begin with All I want and end with Self Esteem - the rest is hit and miss as far as the order. I did get to meet Higgins.

Cheers,
Tom

kickass0987654321
07-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Dammit!!! Why do you get to go and not me??? I think I'll go get drunk.

leo3375
07-24-2005, 08:23 PM
That pit was insane!!! Usually I can handle it but near the end I was so hot and drenched in sweat that I had to get out of there. I still had a blast, though.

If you're wondering, I was the short chick in sunglasses wearing a black Tiger Army bandanna in her hair, a white t-shirt, and black cropped pants. I was carrying a big, black messenger bag.

I would also like to mention that this was not only my sixth time seeing them but also my sixth time meeting them. I got a few birthday wishes from the guys, as I turn 24 in 8 days.

Dirty Magic
07-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Yeah that was crazy. I had a gallon of water with me like the entire time... but the fire hose was awesome

guibassmadman
07-25-2005, 08:04 AM
They Were pretty insane here in chicago. The set list was just about the same as yours. They did the fire hose before the last to songs also it was so sweet.

It probably felt like the best thing in the world for u guys on sunday with it being 102 degrees yesterday.

By the way how was Billy Idol any good.

mn_noodles_fan
07-25-2005, 08:42 AM
No clue on Idol - I went straight for the front of the Offspring Stage while Idol was playing - sounded good from what I could hear. It was awesome being right in front of Noodles for the whole set. I actually did ok up there but I'm a big dude - better to be up in front than in the middle of that mayhem yesterday. One thing for certain, the Offspring Pits are always insane.

leo3375
07-25-2005, 09:12 AM
I actually did ok up there but I'm a big dude - better to be up in front than in the middle of that mayhem yesterday.

What were you wearing? I might have seen you there.

rocketman
07-25-2005, 09:13 AM
wow a great set list and of course....my brother gets a good damn headache right before the offspring set and we had to leave

mn_noodles_fan
07-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah, that sucked you had to leave. I was wearing a black Offspring Tour Shirt with an Orange Ball Cap. Had a heck of a time keeping that hat on my head up front with all the kiddies body surfing. I would have actually liked to see how insane the pit was but being in the front I could freaking see much.

That was an awesome set (no songs from Splinter or Conspiracy). Would have liked to heard LAPD. I have heard they play that in some of the Warped Tour Sets this year.

leo3375
07-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Just wait until I get my photos developed. I'm kinda anticipating the horror that is Dexter and sweaty-stinky-bruised-scraped-battered-sunburned li'l me.

Dead Cheerleader
07-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Goddamn Session you lucky bitch.

Amelia
07-26-2005, 01:56 AM
how did you meet them and where were you. I was there that day too!

platinumpt
07-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Wow. Damn, I'm so jealous of you guys. I hate you all ;)

I'll only have the chance to go in september, and it's going to have to be in a foreign country... too bad! But I'm going anyway, it's not the first time I have to travel to some other country to see The Offspring live. Who knows, maybe it's the last opportunity, so I don't want to waste it.

leo3375
07-26-2005, 07:10 AM
@ Amelia: The hired goon by the stage entrance let me back. At least I didn't act like a stupid jailbait groupie.

I'm wearing long sleeves until my battle scars heal because I don't want people to see them and make assumptions. If a guy has bruised arms they think he got into some sort of accident. If a girl has bruised arms people think her boyfriend/husband is abusing her.

mn_noodles_fan
07-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Speaking of "Session", they have played that the last two times I have seen them - at the Warped Tour and during Consiracy of One in 2000. I was amazed that they didn't play any songs off of Consiracy or Splinter. Don't doubt these guys being back, they will be around for a long time - I'm fairly confident of that - they have given no indication of letting up any time soon.

I would have rather heard LAPD or Dirty Magic than Session - but still lots of old school stuff.

pyrosk8er
07-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Just wait until I get my photos developed. I'm kinda anticipating the horror that is Dexter and sweaty-stinky-bruised-scraped-battered-sunburned li'l me.

I bet they will come out great :)

Dirty Magic
07-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Did any of you guys notice that in Can't Repeat Dexter played the lead... Well the first 2 times anyway. Noodles played it before the "bridge" and at the end

leo3375
07-27-2005, 07:33 AM
It's been three days since Warped and my upper left arm is still nice and purple. I think there's some magenta in there, too. My right arm is healing quite nicely. As for the sunburn on my face, it's getting really itchy and should start peeling soon. All in all, these minor injuries were totally worth it.

leo3375
07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Finally, my photos are developed and uploaded! Bear in mind that the majority have been cropped to get the bouncers out of the shot.
http://photobucket.com/albums/a231/leo3375/Warped2005/

ZSTEIN
08-05-2005, 11:13 PM
hey man, me and a couple of my buds were there too, the offspring played an awesome show...it was really hot all day and the fire hose was quite refreshing

it was freaky, a kid had an asthma attacky next to me and had to be helped out

but it was my first time seein them live and i wanna see a full show