PDA

View Full Version : Met Offspring?

ChangingAgain
07-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I went to the cinci warped tour and it was awesome. it was hot but dexter fixed that for us. he sprayed down the crowd with a fire hose. sadly it seemed like only 5 minutes i was having such a great time. then when i thought warped tour wasn't worth being at anymore i saw at the offspring tent that there was a signing after their performance. i was fifth in line and i waited half an hour but it was worth it. i find it weird that the FAQ on this site says you can't meet them. it makes it seem like they would be dicks if you ever met them but they are great guys. i talked guitars with noodles and got an autograph from all the guys except atom. (For some reason he wasn't there). so if your planning on going to warped tour make sure you go to the tent to see if they are doing another signing.

vintagepunkrock7
07-24-2005, 09:23 PM
you only waited 30 mins. and you were 5th in line?! in chicago i got there almost an hour early and the line was sooo long, i didnt even get to meet them :(

leo3375
07-24-2005, 09:24 PM
A hired goon was nice enough to let me backstage after the Offspring's set in Minneapolis. I got to meet Atom, Dexter, and Higgins.

Faded Soul
07-25-2005, 03:19 AM
A hired goon was nice enough to let me backstage after the Offspring's set in Minneapolis. I got to meet Atom, Dexter, and Higgins.

for as many times as you've met them, you shouldn't define the term 'meet' anymore lol except for Atom of course.

scream
07-25-2005, 01:32 PM
jesus you people are LUCKY. at every show i went to i ask everyone to let me backstage or something. i look around to see if they walk into a public place or if they go to a booth to do a signing or something. i've been shit outta luck every time.

Faded Soul
07-25-2005, 08:58 PM
jesus you people are LUCKY. at every show i went to i ask everyone to let me backstage or something. i look around to see if they walk into a public place or if they go to a booth to do a signing or something. i've been shit outta luck every time.

ha. Dexter and Noodles said something about going to the merch tent, we all went over there, no Dexter or Noodles or Atom or Greg. PAH. apparently I missed them because they were at the merch tent. DOUBLE PAH.

NDM1
07-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Yeah they were at their merch tent at the chicago show, but the line was SOO long. So i said screw it saw them, then i was just walking back to get a drink and there noodles was about to leave so i just talked to him for a litttle bit.

FFX-ME
07-27-2005, 01:59 PM
lol that¨,s so cool but i bet he found you annoying

p0ptart
07-27-2005, 03:26 PM
I have the best story ever and if it didn't really happen to me I wouldn't believe it myself. My best friend got married on July 23rd, the day before warped tour in minneapolis, and on our way to the hotel after the wedding there was this limo outside so we pulled in behind it and when they got out (the offspring) I said "damn, they look like they are with the band" then upon closer inspection I said "OMGG THEY ARE THE BAND" I nearly had a coranary right there. It was hot as a mo fo outside and we where all pretty hammered plus the bride was passed out cold in the front seat of the car which I think they found pretty amusing because when I asked if I could take thier picture they said "Only if the bride gets out of the car" so I made the poor girl stumble out cuz hey..the offspring are standing on the sidewalk right in front of me..she'll forgive me. So I get my picture and think that's it but Now this is the shit right here..Dexter deciedes to help us with our bags and proceeds to grab them and go up to the hotel room with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was doing my best to NOT act like a crazy deranged lunatic style fan so I played it as cool as possible but it was damn hard to do. We where all just star struck. So we get up to the room and Dexter turns on the AC and the lights for us. That man is so fucking cool!!!! I have never in my life been at a loss for words until that night. So after we came down to the lobby we had a drink in the bar with dexter(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and he wrote this long note to my passed out friend which is now framed and enshrined. Plus he signed the wedding program and gave me one more picture. I will never ever forget that night for as long as I live. I have always been a huge Offspring fan but now I must say I am borderline fanatical. And I'm 30 years old! Can't wait to tell my grandkids this shit!
Peace.

Amazed
07-27-2005, 03:35 PM
wow.. that's almost as weird as two dreams (I met dexter and noodles in both of them) I had a couple of nights ago. you're lucky...

deep-fried dog-food sushi
07-27-2005, 03:36 PM
dude....you are so....fucking lucky..................

leo3375
07-27-2005, 03:39 PM
@ p0ptart: Please post photos ASAP.

p0ptart
07-27-2005, 05:59 PM
It says I may NOT post attatchments.

leo3375
07-27-2005, 06:01 PM
It says I may NOT post attatchments.

There are numerous photo sites where you can upload your photos. Open a photobucket.com account and post them there. Then post a link here.

p0ptart
07-27-2005, 06:05 PM
ummm...could I email them to you and you can do it for me?

p0ptart
07-27-2005, 06:23 PM
tessssssssssssssssssst

leo3375
07-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Here you go:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a231/leo3375/Ruthi/

p0ptart
07-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Thank you so much Shannon!!!!

giddy giddy,
Ruthi

leo3375
07-27-2005, 06:57 PM
As I said in another thread, I'm anticipating the horror that is Dexter and sweaty-stinky-sunburned-scraped-bruised-battered li'l me. I want to have my photos before next week.

NDM1
07-27-2005, 07:21 PM
lol that¨,s so cool but i bet he found you annoying

No dude i know he didnt. All i did at first was say how good the show was and then i was going to leave but he put his hand out to shake mine. So i know he wasnte annoyed by it.

vintagepunkrock7
07-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah they were at their merch tent at the chicago show, but the line was SOO long. So i said screw it saw them, then i was just walking back to get a drink and there noodles was about to leave so i just talked to him for a litttle bit.
damnit, everyone who went to that show but me met them! :(

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
I didnt even go to that show cuz i went to wisconsin for the weekend..............pffft :(

code_blue
07-27-2005, 08:50 PM

really? that's not what i heard, leo. ;)

leo3375
07-27-2005, 08:58 PM
really? that's not what i heard, leo. ;)

:rolleyes: Cute. Real cute.

code_blue
07-30-2005, 07:51 PM
:rolleyes: Cute. Real cute.

oh, i just meant that i have a couple of friends who were at the minneapolis show and they told me that you were hanging out near the backstage area for hours. they didnt think you got to go back at all.

leo3375
07-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Ali, I'll put it this way: At least I didn't dress like a stupid jailbait groupie. I saw a few there and all I could think was, "Jeez! Put some clothes on! Cover those things up!"

mama
07-31-2005, 11:04 AM
I went to the Quebec City Warped tour and the Offspring did not so a signing and they didnt have a merch tent there which sucked becsue it was my first time seeing them live...I did see noodles behind the stage talking guitars with someone but that was it...I think the American shows are diffrent....

PorschePower
08-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I went to the Quebec City Warped tour and the Offspring did not so a signing and they didnt have a merch tent there which sucked becsue it was my first time seeing them live...I did see noodles behind the stage talking guitars with someone but that was it...I think the American shows are diffrent....

I was at this Quebec City show too! First time seeing them live too! lol!! And yeah I now they didn't do a signing session neither any interviews because I was them with a friend who had to do interviews there (he's got a show at CKRL, 89.1fm, Friday at midnight, maybe you know this channel since you live here! lol!!) and well.. He got interviews with Atrery, My Chemical Romance and that was all.. Sad because we brought our Self Titled '89 LP there and 3 I'll Be Waiting/Blackball '86 EP (2 with covers, 1 without).

The thing is that he had a Press Pass, and I had a Photo Pass (I realated this in the "Warped Tour Pictures" thread by the way..) so we had a backstage access. So in the "ColisÚe" (if you're from quebec you know the place) we were waiting for the Atreyu guys, and I saw Greg K passing by, he was going to the bathroom!! lol!!! I asked him to sign my Walla Walla Jpn Promo I had on me, and my friend got his Ixnay and Best Of signed. I asked him if we could have our vinyls signed, and he said "go near the bus after the set". That's what we did! we found the righ bus because we saw Greg (once again) going there. So just before Offspring's set, we took the vinyls in my friend's car, he kept them with him (I was taking pictures in front of the stage so it wasn't safe to keep the vinyls with me!!) and after the set, we ran like if it was for our lifes ( :D ) and we reached the bus. Dexter was already there, because he arrived on his pocket bike (pretty cool instead of walking!!! lol!!) and we had a little talk with him, he signed our vinyls, and then Greg came, he signed them too, and later Noodles arrived on his pocket bike too and he got the vinyls signed! MY GOD!!! I just could not believe I had those vinyls autographed!!! Both Dexter and Noodles seemed impressed by the quality of our vinyls because they are quite old and somehow cheap quality, for the '86 Waiting/Blackball!! Anyway! Here's my website where I have all my best shots, and also a picture of my vinyls as I am quite proud of them! 500 Waiting/Blackball '86 with covers, and mine is signed!! lol!

www.pbase.com/porschepower

Anyway!! I still can't believe how cool those guys are, we talked to them like if we knew them for years! They are not intimidating at all and that is a huge quality for someone like them!

leo3375
08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Tu as de la chance, Olivier! Excellent fotos aussi!

PorschePower
08-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Tu as de la chance, Olivier! Excellent fotos aussi!

Excellant franšais Leo!! :cool: lol!! et merci pour le commentaire!! :)

shesgotissues
08-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Damn, they were signing in Cincy!!!? Lucky you.

Nothing in Indianapolis and we were a good crowd for them (besides the venue sticking them on this stupid stage and having them play at 4:40 in the afternoon). I knew I should have gone to the surrounding city's shows. Wonder if they are signing anywhere else??

And to the bride's friend who is 30, I'm closer to 40, and am still a huge Offspring fan/lunatic! Liked your story. I also met Dexter face to face one time and also found myself at a total loss for words...it's a female thing I think..

vintagepunkrock7
08-03-2005, 10:54 PM
you should have come to the chicago show i know they did a signing there. this really has nothing to do with this thread but it was so random, that i had to share. as i was reading the post above me by shesgotissues, that song just came onto my launchcast radio station, i thought it was kinda funny.