PDA

View Full Version : Guy Cohen - Where is he now?

Autonomist
07-25-2005, 05:09 AM
I think that "Guy Cohen - Where is he Now?" is without a doubt, the stupidest part of the DVD. Don't get me wrong, I still think most of the DVD is fucking awesome material for the most part, but the catching up with Cohen is just pointless, particularly when you look at the fact that he's a nobody and has been a nobody since he was a part of the video.

This got me thinking. The Offspring aren't idiots, surely they realised that what would have been much better then catching up with Cohen for the DVD in fact, might've been catching up with Ron Welty? We've heard practically nothing from him since he left the band, and I'm sure they themselves would've realised how much more appeal this could've had them catching up with a VIDEO character. I mean, c'mon!

To add insult to injury, there was barely a mention of Ron in the DVD at all, apart from perhaps in the commentary for the Gone Away video. They seem to totally have toned down the issue of him leaving, which also leads me to wonder if there could've been a falling out after he left the band.

Discuss.

Preecey
07-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah, the Guy Cohen Interview is weak. There's practically nothing to talk about, and an interview with Ron would be better.

sourskittle
07-25-2005, 12:28 PM
that an interview with guy cohen to be funny because he is a very random person.also, about them talking about ron in the video commentary, there is really no need because he doesnt do nething

sourskittle
07-25-2005, 12:30 PM
they did an interview with guy cohen to be funny because he is a very random person, and everyone knows him as "that guy from the pretty fly video". considering this is a COMPLETE VIDEO COLLECTION i see it very fitting that they interview him.also, about them talking about ron in the video commentary, there is really no need because he doesnt do nething

darko
07-25-2005, 12:44 PM
about them talking about ron in the video commentary, there is really no need because he doesnt do nething

HE PLAYED THE PUCKING DRUMS!!!! For 6 bloody albums! So i take it Greg "doesnt do anything" either?

OMG the stupidity!

HanSky
07-25-2005, 01:21 PM
I think this Guy Cohen thing is quite good, but it would have been better if there were more people in interview. For example Ron.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-25-2005, 01:27 PM
They should have interviewed Higgins! Now that guy is interesting!

enchiladitos
07-25-2005, 02:29 PM
yes higgins would have been goo, and probably more likely, ron didn't exactly leave on the best of terms leaving me to believe an interview with him would either be not wanted, not possible or both. Plus it's a pretty neat idea what they did, i havent seen anything like it. Whoever started this thread is a douche cock and needs to be happy with what they get.

darko
07-25-2005, 02:31 PM
how do you know ron didnt leave on the best of terms? where does it say that??

Ron Welty No Longer A Member Of The Offspring
(03/18/03) As of now, Ron Welty is no longer a member of The Offspring. “After more than 15 great years with The Offspring I‘ve decided to leave to devote all my energies on a new project called Steady Ground. I wish Dexter, Noodles and Greg the best of luck moving forward and it‘s time for me to focus on my own thing,“ said Ron.

The Offspring have hooked up with their friend Josh Freese (A Perfect Circle, The Vandals) to play on the new record which will still be released this year. Dexter says ”After being together so long it will be weird doing stuff without Ron, but we are really looking forward to putting this new record out. We wish him the best.

Where?????

Pilau
07-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Everytone knows it was bad terms. Ignore the press release and read interviews like Noodles in Big Cheese or Greg K in the newspapers or even the Steady Ground BBS to get a good idea that it wasn't the best of departures.

Also whoever says Ron did nothing needs a slap... with a hammer.

darko
07-25-2005, 02:42 PM
We dont get big cheese here and i have yet to see an interview with greg, apart from whats been posted on here! Dont you dare tell me i need a slap w a hammer!

FFX-ME
07-25-2005, 03:51 PM
i hated the guy thing because i dont care about him, but i wouldnt want to talk about ron either, he left the band,

WHY THE FUCK DID HE LEAVE that anus, arg, he nearly broke up the greatest band of all time

Pilau
07-25-2005, 03:54 PM
They were never in any danger of breaking up. He was the only one that decided it wasn't for him.

Conspiracy of One
07-25-2005, 03:55 PM
well that was a big mistake!

FFX-ME
07-25-2005, 03:56 PM
after 20 years he decides its not for him?

realy anyone have a the reason why he left

platinumpt
07-25-2005, 05:08 PM
I found the idea of an interview with Guy Cohen quite interesting... but, as soon as I saw it, I became a little disappointed... the guy looked strange, like stoned or something, and he said nothing but shit. He looked much more funny in the pretty fly video, and in the live performances, that's for sure.

Conspiracy of One
07-25-2005, 05:12 PM
THe thing is noone really cares about him. Hes not any important offspring figure or anything. Hes jus a nobody actor.

sourskittle
07-26-2005, 09:14 AM
when i said he didn't do much, i meant in the videos. More happens to greg (want you bad) than to ron. I didn't mean that he was not doing much in the band.

Idiot
07-26-2005, 09:35 AM
I think catching up with Ron would have been pretty cool, but putting it on the DVD? I think one of these may have been the reason why...

>> The Offspring felt that nobody would want to hear about someone who is no longer a member of the band

>> Dexter/Noodles/Greg did have a fall-out with Ron, leading to his departure of the band

>> Ron didn't want to appear on a DVD of his ex-band

FFX-ME
07-26-2005, 09:50 AM
why did he leive any way

NDM1
07-26-2005, 09:55 AM
I thought that the interview with guy cohan was gonna be cool from seeing him in the live footage of PFFAWG and the video. But when i actually saw it i was disapointed because he was a dick. He had the chance to go on tour with them but instead hed rather go to improv in tiny little clubs. The guy just seemed like an ass to me.

FFX-ME
07-26-2005, 01:08 PM
ya and his audition tape sucked and he also suckes at improv

SmilingBob
01-31-2006, 11:21 PM
This is why Ron left: - http://www.chicagoinnerview.com/archives/may04_the_offspring.htm

Llamas
02-01-2006, 02:08 AM
When I saw the interview option on the DVD, I definitely thought "ooh maybe it's with Ron!" and I got excited. When I found out it was with Guy, I thought it might still be good... but the interview was really boring, Guy was boring, still nowhere in life, and his audition for the video sucked.

I always figured Ron had a falling out with the band, due to WHEN he left. He left in the middle of recording Splinter, and usually when members leave a band, they do it during down-time. Between albums, between tours, that kinda thing. I can see why they wouldn't have interviewed him... I really would love to hear both sides of the story more specifically, though.

platinumpt
02-01-2006, 03:56 AM
haha cool old thread! I pretty much think the same about that interview. It was a disapointment, the guy totally sucks.

killer_queen
02-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Yeah, the Guy Cohen Interview is weak. There's practically nothing to talk about, and an interview with Ron would be better.
lol, there was a little boy called Pweecey here once upon a time.

platinumpt
02-01-2006, 04:01 AM
YEs, he was. Hummm do you have anything to do with his disappearence? :rolleyes:

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Let's take a few steps back I got lost in the thread, but whoever said why didn't they interview Higgins, they are right, higgins would have been an awesome interview! and you guys don't even think how awkward it could have been for Dexter interviewing Ron?

killer_queen
02-01-2006, 04:31 AM
YEs, he was. Hummm do you have anything to do with his disappearence? :rolleyes:
LOLZ! How can you think something like this?

HeadAroundU
02-01-2006, 07:33 AM
I think it was like this: Guy Cohen or nothing so be happy.

I can't imagine interview with Ron about how he is leaving The Offspring.So shut up.

Higgins??? whatever, talking about how he is jumping on the stage is also weird.

jrk247
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
The interview was pretty stupid, well not stupid, pointless. And about interviewing Ron, he left the band and I'm sure they didn't like it so just shut up about Ron already.

Original prankstA
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
I think that "Guy Cohen - Where is he Now?" is without a doubt, the stupidest part of the DVD. Don't get me wrong, I still think most of the DVD is fucking awesome material for the most part, but the catching up with Cohen is just pointless, particularly when you look at the fact that he's a nobody and has been a nobody since he was a part of the video.

This got me thinking. The Offspring aren't idiots, surely they realised that what would have been much better then catching up with Cohen for the DVD in fact, might've been catching up with Ron Welty? We've heard practically nothing from him since he left the band, and I'm sure they themselves would've realised how much more appeal this could've had them catching up with a VIDEO character. I mean, c'mon!

To add insult to injury, there was barely a mention of Ron in the DVD at all, apart from perhaps in the commentary for the Gone Away video. They seem to totally have toned down the issue of him leaving, which also leads me to wonder if there could've been a falling out after he left the band.

Discuss.
thanks for stating the obvious moron

Llamas
02-01-2006, 02:44 PM
well if they'd interviewed ron, they wouldn't ask about him leaving the band, it would've been very cool to see where he is now, though. You know, "How's Steady Ground going?". But it would've been really hard to ask how he is now without touching the subject of why he quit. And I'm sure they're not on the best of terms anymore, either.

Gayman
02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I think the interview was pretty good cause I was just thinking before who is he and what he does now!

guycohen
02-13-2006, 08:07 AM
I had a blast doing the interview with Dexter and it was nice to catch up with him. I've never seen what they did with it on the DVD but it sounds cool. Thanks for checking it out and supporting The Offspring.

And btw, this thread made me laugh; so thanks for that.

- Guy

Call it an Obsession
02-13-2006, 08:33 AM
I had a blast doing the interview with Dexter and it was nice to catch up with him. I've never seen what they did with it on the DVD but it sounds cool. Thanks for checking it out and supporting The Offspring.

- Guy
damn this guy is so funny

Llamas
02-13-2006, 02:22 PM
hahaha there is absolutely no way guy cohen would truly register at the offspring board and post :P nice try, though.

vanessa
02-14-2006, 06:34 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

H1T_That
02-14-2006, 06:47 AM

- Guy

yeah, right

Aion
02-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Ron did nothin'?...
u_u
damn...
f*ck off..!!xD!

RoxnRollBassist
02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
What i thought was funny about the interview was how hes like oh im doing improv, then they show his clip and he was terrible! Yeah and hes like i almsot got a lead role, and it was for a dud movie

iPunk247
02-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Oh Shit Fuck Yo!!! Guy Cohen is just a random dude with a shitty ass attitude lol j/k nah he cool. On the CMVC dvd special features, I said to myself this; "Wow...what a cutie cup-cake!" I thought that was a decent interview while dex was just all smiles and stuff. The Offspring Rules! muahahahahahahahahahaha

velvin
02-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I was just reading this topic, and I seriously wonder what the hell happened to him? What commercials has he done? Are there any links on Youtube?

Walfri
02-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes, i would like to have an interview with Ron Welty..
also, Atom just appears in 4 videos and at the end, credits were for him!
I can't believe it...
Ron was the half life of Offspring style..he left, and they couldn't record an album like ignition, smach, ixnay, self titled..
you won´t let me lie...

Omni
02-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Well, since someone has already bumped this, I'll just say:

A) You guys are being way too hard on Guy Cohen. "he's a nobody, he's a loser, he's gone nowhere in life," etc. The guy has at least been on tv. What has anyone here ever done that can top that, professionally speaking? At the very least, he's doing what he loves for a living, even if he hasn't achieved a shit-load of fame by doing it. How many of our resident retail and restaurant workers here can say the same?

B) I think, at the time, it was too soon to talk to Ron. And now that it looks like Steady Ground wasn't so steady, it would probably just be insulting to even try to say anything unless it was a heartfelt invitation to the band again.

velvin
02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I honestly don't think he's a loser, if he's doing what he loves for a living, that's fine. I really thought he had the potential though, so that's why I was wondering if he has done anything lately. Some people just have a knack for comedy and to me, he is one of those people. I mean, the guy was in one of the best videos of all times! :D