PDA

View Full Version : Offspring music video information

Americana
11-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Gotta get away: first music video, not big hit, not much to video

Come out and play (gotta keep 'em seperated: first major hit, not much to video

Self-esteem: Another big hit, not a big as previous video, not much to video

Meaning of life: first video where Dexter doesn't use his wig, mainly because he hangs upside down in it when he's not in a racing chair

Gone away: Not major hit to Fuse or MTV, but pretty damn cool song. Dexter mainly just sings with a dim light bulb hanging in front of him

I chose: Major hit on Fuse. there's a lot to this video, I don't know how to describe any of it though

All I want: Another major hit on Fuse, not all that good though. While Dexter's singing it shows this guy running around and law breaking happening, such as cops bouncing on bunji things

Pretty fly for a white guy: Major hit in many countries, shows a wannabee riding around in a car and eventually gets his ass kicked

The kid aren't alright: Mainly an excuse for a video, pretty impressive though. You'll either think the video is strange or cool. I think it's both. It shows clips of many different things happening in one place.

She's got issues: A girl just walks around and has issues of sex related things (the girl in the music video is hot)

Get a job: shows lazy people as the band walk down a street singing

Come out swinging: Shows band singing it as skeletons and shows clips of snowboarding and skateboarding

Original Prankster: Dexter sings it on a large area with girls riding on it or standing near him as it also shows clips of pranks

Want you bad: main Conspiracy song. shows stuff blowing up or something as Dexter sings on a stage as this girl is being hit on

Million Miles Away: I don't know if this is a real video or not, it takes place at a rock concert where the band performs it.

Hit that: Most popular, though I don't see what the big deal is. Animated music video with this guy trying to catch his dog or something.

Can't get my head around you: Well I don't know if this is true or not but the reason in the video that the camera is just moving around the band, but not all the way is because hence the name can't get my head around you the camera can't get around the band. That's just a theory though, if it's not true then I still just described what the music video is about.

Da Hui: Not an impressive song. It just shows consequnses of messing with Da Hui.

Defy you: not really an "offspring" video, but it's still sung by the OIt's for the Orange County soundtrack

Americana
11-15-2004, 03:01 PM
need more info. you can go to offspring home page (http://www.offsoring.com) or another video thread

LostMind
11-15-2004, 04:19 PM
I Love All Thoses Videos And The Music

Americana
11-15-2004, 06:43 PM
I was never insalting the videos, I was just trying to explain them

Radi0_havana52
11-15-2004, 07:04 PM
She's got issues: A girl just walks around and has issues of sex related things (the girl in the music video is hot)

i agree on that that chick is hot i want her bad!

leo3375
11-15-2004, 07:12 PM
i agree on that that chick is hot i want her bad!

Go buy "Elf" tomorrow. She plays Will Ferrel's love interest.

Americana
11-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Go buy "Elf" tomorrow. She plays Will Ferrel's love interest.
no she doesn't, i have that movie and the music video. They're not the same people

Ezz
11-19-2004, 02:36 AM
no she doesn't, i have that movie and the music video. They're not the same people
I think they are. She's also the girl from Almost Famous, she's the guys sister

Toxic Speed Bump
11-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Yeah I think that is her in Elf.

BuddyHolly
11-19-2004, 05:44 AM
I never knew that there was a video for Come Out Swinging

Lithuanian Offspring
11-19-2004, 06:00 AM
First of all yes it is the same chick. And second of all to talk about the videos is stupid when YOU haven't even seen all of them. You need to do some more research, there skimpy! You may want to find out what the videos are all about when you post shit like this.

Jojan
11-19-2004, 06:30 AM
Self Esteem, Come Out And Play, Alla I Want, I Choose and The Meaning Of Life are their best videos!

Jojan
11-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Oh, my! I just realized of it: I have the whole video thing. I mean, I have all the videos right down here!!!

YOU'RE MEAN!!!!!!
EVIL. (stupid?)
Dexter never had a wig.

Lithuanian Offspring
11-19-2004, 06:51 AM
I never knew that there was a video for Come Out Swinging
It never did. It was on the Huck it video. And you know what assuming does. This guy assumes alittle too much.

Americana
11-19-2004, 07:42 PM
EVIL. (stupid?)
Dexter never had a wig.

He got a pretty long hair cut and died his hair white after Smash then

Little_Miss_1565
11-20-2004, 10:20 AM

Yes, that's how it is. (Also, it's bleach...you can't really dye your hair white. He was blond to begin with, so it wasn't much of a jump).

Also, "Gone Away" was a pretty sizeable MTV hit. I remember seeing it on one of the best videos of whatever year it was countdowns on New Year's that year. And Fuse didn't exist at that point.

Americana
11-20-2004, 02:31 PM
First of all yes it is the same chick. And second of all to talk about the videos is stupid when YOU haven't even seen all of them. You need to do some more research, there skimpy! You may want to find out what the videos are all about when you post shit like this.

fuck you! I've seen all the videos. I discovered that the chick I was talking about was a different one in the video then the one they were talking about

phoenix
11-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Oh, my! I just realized of it: I have the whole video thing. I mean, I have all the videos right down here!!!

YOU'RE MEAN!!!!!!

i love you

phoenix
11-20-2004, 03:03 PM

um yeah he did............
didnt u know that people can actually cut their hair-amazing isnt it?

code_blue
11-20-2004, 04:15 PM
this 'Americana' person obviously knows very little about the offspring and their history. a few things:

gotta get away wasnt their first video. it was the third and last single released from smash. come out and play was their first video.

dexter has never worn a wig, as far as i know.

gone away was a huge song! it was the biggest hit off of 'ixnay.'

they never released a video for come out swinging.

hit that definitely wasn't their 'most popular' video. in canada it probably got the least play out of all the videos offspring have ever released.

Americana
11-20-2004, 06:13 PM
this 'Americana' person obviously knows very little about the offspring and their history. a few things:

gotta get away wasnt their first video. it was the third and last single released from smash. come out and play was their first video.

dexter has never worn a wig, as far as i know.

gone away was a huge song! it was the biggest hit off of 'ixnay.'

they never released a video for come out swinging.

hit that definitely wasn't their 'most popular' video. in canada it probably got the least play out of all the videos offspring have ever released.

Well, I'm not interested in their history. I just like listening to their songs. The reason I made a music video link is because my cds have all these videos on them and people keep asking about music videos.

Now shut the fuck up, don't fucking talk, and keep your fucking hnds away from your fuckig keyboard until you get the fuck out of this thread

How does that sound

If I sound like a bitch now, then good

code_blue
11-20-2004, 08:02 PM
just get your facts straight, man!

Americana
11-21-2004, 12:13 PM
just get your facts straight, man!
that i will do next time I post something like this, sorry for all them mistakes

phoenix
11-21-2004, 01:17 PM
um rite
id say here pretty fly is one of the most popular videos....it def got played.a lot.
and ok u need 2 calm down...............(both of you)

Americana
11-21-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm calm, I'm calm

Americana
11-21-2004, 04:23 PM
this was a long time ago, I don't make them mistakes anymore

Funky-Munky
11-21-2004, 04:39 PM
um hes not wearinga wig in those videos. thats his hair.

Americana
11-21-2004, 04:41 PM
um hes not wearinga wig in those videos. thats his hair.

I assumed it was a wig because his hair is so different from in the Smash videos and the others

leo3375
11-21-2004, 04:44 PM
I assumed it was a wig because his hair is so different from in the Smash videos and the others

If you look at photos from that era, you'll see that Dexter has colored extensions woven in with his real hair to make it seem fuller than it really is. Not that Dexter's losing his hair or anything, but he has very fine hair, typical of fair-haired people.

And, yes, he is a real blond.

yamabeans709
11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
i think come out and play was played more, every time i read reviews about offspring, it says the rotation of that song on mtv was huge and a major hit, im not sure if pretty fly for a white was more popular

malumboman
11-21-2004, 07:16 PM
does idle hands count as a video?

Funky-Munky
11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
thats not really a video... well i gess if movies kind of count. sort of