PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite concert you went to/thing that happened at a concert?

sumrandumpunk
11-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Mine is probably the Green Day American Idiot Tour visiting Cincy... THe coolest thing there was when they started minority... There wasn't ONE person who wasn't jumping... (seats and floor)... At the end the electric Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) was probably second coolest.

JoY
11-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Racoon. I got a signature once from the guitarist & some other time a drumstick with the signature of the lead singer. whoo! also once we were invited to visit them in their dressing room, but we never did, thanks to one uncooperative, idiotic girl, that came along. fuckshitdicksuckingwhore.

Sman9453
11-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Splinter Tour @ ny

the beginning was mind blowing... everything was perfectly insane...

sKratch
11-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Dream Theater was my favorite show. They played for 3 and a half hours by themselves. Best was when they played A Change of Seasons and Stream of Thought.

JoY
11-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Dream Theater was my favorite show. They played for 3 and a half hours by themselves. Best was when they played A Change of Seasons and Stream of Thought.
yeah, I've heard they rock the shit out of their audience life.
I should've gone to their concert in the Netherlands *sob*

sumrandumpunk
11-15-2004, 04:22 PM
joy, what'd she to so you couldnt go or whatever?

rocker dude!!!
11-15-2004, 04:23 PM
OZZFEST i met atreyu christina scabbia corey taylor and the ozzman

JoY
11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
joy, what'd she to so you couldnt go or whatever?
wot?

no seriously, I don't understand your post. but I'm most willing to reply.

DirtyMagical
11-15-2004, 04:31 PM
My Favorite shows:

Ska is Dead Tour @ the Funhouse (Zen Lounge)
Planet Smashers
Mustard plug
catch 22
Big d and the kids table....

Planet Smashers are my absolutely favorite band to see live=)

Another ska show @ the Reverb
Planet Smashers
Jesse James
Flatliners
and another good band the name of which I can't remember

Mindless Self Indulgence @ the Guvrment

Hellz Kitchen Show @ Dundas Square
also: Robin Black and Intergallactic Rockstars and Rehab for quitters
It was an outdoor show downtown Toronto, and in the middle of the show it
started pouring raining. And the pit was still happening even though it was a fairly small show, and once it started raining only the really interested people stayed beside the stage the rest went to stand under a ceilling thingy...
and robin black's blue hair dye started running all over his shirt and then he started hugging people in the audience cause they were watching even though it was raining... ah good times

Offspring @ the opera house

I got on stage during self esteem=D and noodles kinda looked at me and did this dancing motion with his hands it was funny.

sumrandumpunk
11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
when you were invited to the dressing room, how did that uncooperative girl effect you being able to go in?

JoY
11-15-2004, 04:40 PM
she said "no Isa, we're going home now. *I*'m going home!" & she was my ride.

Tired_Of_You
11-15-2004, 04:45 PM
The Offspring, May 25th at the Metropolis ( small place for Offspring, but I like shows in small places better). It was really good and I met them after the show, talked to them a little, but I was so shy. I'm usually shy so when I got to meet them I kinda forgot my English. But it was cool. I think it was too short ( about 75 minutes) and I was in the front but on the right of the stage so I almost didn't see Atom during the show which sucked because he is a really good drummer.

Green Day were also pretty good. I was also really in the front, they played a lot of good songs. Unfortunately, before Green Day I had to watch Sugarcult and New Found Glory ( I HATE them). And I got Billie Joe guitar pick :) .

sumrandumpunk
wow... that sucks ...your friend must not be that good of a friend if she can't wait a little while for you... mine would be pissed but still would let me stay...

Little_Miss_1565
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds last summer, especially when he started "Mercy Seat" as a solo piano ballad and gradually brought it up past Birthday Party intensity.

Dare I say there was nary a dry seat in the house.

Tired_Of_You
11-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Offspring @ the opera house

I got on stage during self esteem=D and noodles kinda looked at me and did this dancing motion with his hands it was funny.

How you did that? You're lucky =D

JoY
11-15-2004, 04:49 PM
wow... that sucks ...your friend must not be that good of a friend if she can't wait a little while for you... mine would be pissed but still would let me stay...
she does suck. did I say she's a friend? wait, in fact... she never really was. she's a selfish piece of crap & I was just incredibly easily influenced, because I just should've stayed & crashed at the station. well, I was young & scared. the idea meeting the band already made me shake on my knees. I guess I was also afraid I'd make a fool of myself & settled with the situation.

LostMind
11-15-2004, 04:53 PM
probaly The Offspring on April 20th they fucking rocked when me and GeenTerror went!!!! We had front role

sumrandumpunk
11-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey if I met some of my favorite bands... I'd probably be like "HOLY SHIT, WTF DO I DO!?!?" I'm 16, so I can get my own ride home (myself), and I'd probably be too nervous to meet my favorites like Blink 182, Green Day, or The Offspring :D But anyways... I coulda stayed at the concert I mentioned and had like a one in one thousand chance to meet Billy Joe... but then my uncle was the ride... So I had to leave hearly :( and my parents wanted to meet us in some diner in the middle of nowhere... :mad: (One in one thousand isn't bad in a place of fifty thousand plus people.)

JoY
11-15-2004, 04:59 PM
now that's kind of the same!
we have a secret bond now ;)

LostMind
Hey if I met some of my favorite bands... I'd probably be like "HOLY SHIT, WTF DO I DO!?!?" I'm 16, so I can get my own ride home (myself), and I'd probably be too nervous to meet my favorites like Blink 182, Green Day, or The Offspring :D But anyways... I coulda stayed at the concert I mentioned and had like a one in one thousand chance to meet Billy Joe... but then my uncle was the ride... So I had to leave hearly :( and my parents wanted to meet us in some diner in the middle of nowhere... :mad: (One in one thousand isn't bad in a place of fifty thousand plus people.)
YEA THAT WOULD BE REALLY AWESOME TO MEET MY FAVORITE BANDS

sumrandumpunk
its not too secret if its posted right on the board :p lol

Chris
11-15-2004, 05:34 PM
I suppose it was Extreme Fest over 3 years ago

Less Than Jake
Pitchshifter
Vandals
Ataris
Voodoo Glow Skulls
Spunge

Only cost 15 as well and was generally a fun time to be had. Other than that, the CO1 tour with AFI and A as it was my first gig, couldn't have started it off better.

sumrandumpunk
11-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Haha my friend woulda given his left nut to go to those...

babycraze{Angie}
11-15-2004, 07:16 PM
well mine isn't exactly a rock concert i went to *looks shyly but actually stares down at her feet* i went to a.....a......THE MOST FUCKIN' AWESOMEST CONCERT THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO THAT DIDN'T COST ME SHIT AND ESPECIALLY GOOD FOR ME CUZ IT WAS MY 1ST CONCERT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! *brights up like the moon after dark and happy as FUCK!* I WENT TO A LIVE DJ FEST DOWNTOWN IN CHITOWN (CHICAGO) MY PLACE BABY ALL MINE! AND THE DJ'S THAT WERE SPINNIN' WERE MY MUTHAFUCKIN' IDOLS! DJ FRANKIE KNUCKLES, DJ STEVE "SILK" HURLEY, DJ SKIP, AND SO MANY OTHERS!!!!!! WHAT I LOVED MOST AND THE REASON WHY I WENT THERE WAS CUZ THEY WERE PLAYIN' MY FAVORITE KIND OF MUSIC ABOVE FUCKIN' ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.HOUSE MUSIC BABY! IM A HOUSE MUSIC LOVER AND NOBODY CAN TAKE MY PRIDE IN HOUSE FROM ME NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY KNOWS HOUSE AS MUCH AS I DO UNLESS U IN THAT VIBE! ok sorry for the yelling but i do have to say I LOVE HOUSE MUSIC!

leo3375
11-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Favorite concert or favorite concert moment? Wow, that's a toughie. I've had a few great experiences and have been fortunate enough to meet most of my favorite bands, so here are some memorable moments, organized by band:

The Offspring:
St. Paul, 1997: Thanks to a drawing and talking to the right people, I was able to get backstage and meet Dexter for the first time. He complimented me on my work, confirming to me that I should be an illustrator.
Minneapolis, 1998: Got to meet Greg, Noodles, and Ron. Got a very funny photo of Noodles and Ron.
Somerset, 1999: Boyfriend's VIP pass+being in the right place at the right time=not getting crushed in the crowd. Dexter got the production manager to let me see the show from the stage.
St. Paul, 2000: Getting backstage (again) thanks to Donnie and just schmoozing with the guys.
Minneapolis, 2004: Right up front, between Greg and Dexter, I got one hell of a good view. Again, the production manager gets me a VIP pass and I get to personally thank Dexter for giving me the push to pursue my dream.

AFI:
Minneapolis, 2003: At a Meet-N-Greet, I asked Davey to draw me a bunny. He wouldn't. So he drew me a possum instead.

TIger Army:
Minneapolis, 2002: The tour manager took pity on me standing out in the cold, so he let me in to stay warm. I got to see the soundcheck and the merch guy let me keep my stuff at the merch booth.

Bad Religion:
Minneapolis, 2000: Greg Graffin notices me taking photos and demands I take one of him smiling. I comply and get a damn funny photo as a result.

Social D:
Minneapolis, 2004: Mike Ness compliments me on a drawing and asks that I draw him for the next time Social D rolls through my town.

lousyskater
11-15-2004, 09:28 PM
the best concert i've ever been to was the Inland Invasion 2 here in southern california sponsered by a local radio station. it was to celebrate 25 years of punk rock and had these bands played:

Sex Pistolos
Offspring
Social Distortion
Bad Religion
Blink 182
Pennywise
New Found Glory
The Buzzcocks
X
Unwritten Law
The Vandals
Adolesences
TSOL
The Distillers
The Damned
Cricle Jerks
GBH

the coolest thing i've ever done at a show is help boo off Blink 182 off the stage at this show.
________
TuesdayStewart (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/TuesdayStewart)

Betty
11-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Hmm...

DOA (2002, SSM) - Couldn't get in cause we were underage. Stood out in the rain waiting for hours since they had trouble getting across the border. Had cops harass us numerous times (for sitting on some dry stairs and not having anywhere to go), watched the set from this little doorway and had a dedication to the people out in the rain.

Vandals (Warped 2001, Toronto) - From row centre. Awesome set. Warren was crazy. He posed for a picture and my friend got a kiss.

The Damned (Warped 2002, Barrie) - Just cause they were amazing. And we talked to them a bit after the show.

The Offspring (2004, Niagara Falls, NY) - First Offspring show - I have never had so much energy during a concert ever... I jumped and sang from start to finish and the crowd was super. Hung out with Noodles and Higgins for a bit afterwards...

The Offspring (2004, Pittsburgh, X-fest) - The show itself was not nearly as good as in Niagara, we watched some from the stage (not as fun as it would seem - I wanna be in the pit!) and hung out after with Noodles and Higgins and many other drunken crazy band people. Brief hi's to Atom and Dexter. That was fun.

Social Distortion (2004, Toronto) - Just an absolutely amazing concert, front row centre... good thing we waited outside for hours... ha! People were nice to me.

The Weakerthans (2004, Toronto, Guelph) - An amazing live set, I just watch in awe the whole time.

Subsidal
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
My first Offspring concert. January 24th, 2001. Someone there stole my brand new jacket :mad: :mad:

DirtyMagical
11-16-2004, 12:07 AM
How you did that? You're lucky =D

It was a small free show right before splinter came out...
crowd surfing+ no barricades
twas good=)

Dexterina
11-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Offspring on June 26, Adelaide was my best concert (and day of my life).
The best thing that happened was that DEXTER LOOKED AT ME, and SMILED! [you know those times when someone looks at you, famous or not, and no one believes you, but you know for sure that glance was at you, well these was one of those moments). I was bawling my eyes out because I havent seen them before and I've worshipped them for so long, and I was right in front of Dexter, front row, and he looked and smiled and I cried 10 times more.
Gone Away was also a moment because that song can make me cry when I just hear it on CD, let alone with them singing it withing about 3 metres of me. *shivers with excitement*

Dexterina
11-16-2004, 12:55 AM
After that concert though, probably Muse or the Big Day out would be my next favourite. Muse are amazing live (saw them at the BDO too), even though I was in the middle of the mosh the atmosphere was great, but the BDO was awesome because I saw the Mars Volta live and theyre amazing too, and all these other bands. I also somehow got into the front row of Metallica, but just off the side of the stage. It was a really good view without getting killed.

babycraze{Angie}
11-16-2004, 02:06 PM
holy mother of satan.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,I FUCKIN' HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NEW FOUND GLORY THEY FUCKIN' SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *huffs and puffs* glad i got that outta my system :mad:

B.B Joker
11-16-2004, 02:28 PM
My fav. show would have to be last summer's Warped Tour. Fuckin NOFX, Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, Flogging Molly, and the Vandals all in ONE FUCKING NIGHT!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

babycraze{Angie}
11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
NOFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEA MAN THEY RULE! Bad Religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! THEY FUCKIN' KICK ASS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok im good ;)

Betty
11-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Hopefully it's not too offensive, but I think it's pretty hilarious when people cry at concerts.