PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Brazilian upset?

HornyPope
07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
So i'm watching the t.v. because that's the only thing I can do in this hell of a boring place i'm stuck at, and I hear all this news about how the Brazilian community is up in a roar over the loss of 'their' memeber, who, i'll remind you, was chased and shot five times in the head by undercover security agents several days back. You could see them all over the news with angry chants and signs spotting Brazilian shirts/jerseys and flags. I understand the anger, but I don't understand why it's a matter of a Brazilian pride. It's not like the agents shot the guy down because he was Brazilian, and it's not like the community is in any way threathned following the incident. He could have been a son of any nationality for all I know, why play the race card?

Incidently, I was a big opponent of racial profiling back when some people started suggesting that officers should give certain natioanlities a more attentive eye, and this is pricesily the reason why. Westerners have no clue telling one race from another. They have no business singling out Muslem groups because they don't know the first thing about it. Just because someone has a slightly grey skin tone, he could be right away grouped anywhere from Brazilian to Pakistani depending on whom from the White-Americans or Europeans you ask.

RXP
07-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah whities can't tell races at all well. "You all look alike" to quote Chris Rock.

Iddy
07-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Well, people have trouble telling 'whites' apart... it fumes me to be called British ("well... you're both whiite").... anywhoo.. not about that right now.

I feel for the guy that was shot, and his family, but... why, oh why do you run from the police when theres a sercurity alert and (dear god) a shoot to kill policy. And you're right.. he could have been any nationality.

However i don't feel its right to blame the police, but people will. They have a job to do and its a damn hard one to do too. I've just come back from London, and they're everywhere (in uniform, theres probaley 100's more undercover).

Tizzalicious
07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing when I saw that on the news.

Sin Studly
07-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, people have trouble telling 'whites' apart... it fumes me to be called British ("well... you're both whiite").... anywhoo.. not about that right now.

You live in London ; you're a filthy Loyalist cur of the English. End of story.

offspring_freak_3
07-26-2005, 08:00 PM
ok, iīm brazillian, and i wonīt defend any1 so i just give my opinion.
i think they are upset because they donīt understand the laws of the country. besides they are in alert.
it was stupid what the guy made, to run of the police.
i think the people should look the situation of the country, i mean look the situation they have after the bomb atack or whatever, i donīt watch tv very much. the police do the right thing in this case, but seems they have to pay a indemnity to the family of the guy.
I think that it he was ilegal in the country.

like my sister was saying every place have this rules. and i donīt deny that is the truth.

RXP
07-27-2005, 12:36 AM

How can you get fumed to be called a Brit? If you're white and live in London. Jeez. People should chill out.

Anyway the guy had an illegal Visa, that's why he ran or soemthing.

Mota Boy
07-27-2005, 02:15 AM
It's not like the agents shot the guy down because he was Brazilian, and it's not like the community is in any way threathned following the incident. He could have been a son of any nationality for all I know, why play the race card?
Classic rally-round-the-flag syndrome. It's a fairly scary situation - a member of the community was harassed and then gunned down by the government. Who gives a shit about logic at that point? Who gives a shit whether or not it was his fault? He's dead, they're scared, they feel powerless. So they fall back to instilling pride in the community again, rallying their spirits. There's no real logic to it, just emotions.

Sin Studly
07-27-2005, 02:20 AM
How can you get fumed to be called a Brit? If you're white and live in London. Jeez. People should chill out.

Because she's actually a Republican, not a worthless racetraitor like you. Why don't you get your tongue further up the collective arsehole of the people who raped your culture?

NOAMR
07-27-2005, 06:16 AM
I think the it was the police fault. It's arrogant to shoot someone death if he just run away. The life of a person is more important than catching someone and get some honour from it. They didn't had to kill him, they could just shoot him in his legs or something. But cuz of the terrorist fear right now, they could. And so they did. It's perhaps stupid from the guy to run away, but you would maybe do exacly the same thing if you were in his situation. It isn't a crime. nd well, maybe it isn't a racial thing, but still, the cops wouldn't prolly think the guy was a terrorist or something when he was white.

Sin Studly
07-27-2005, 06:21 AM
And who's gonna respect the cops if they don't shoot at you when you run away? Who's actually gonna "FREEZE" if they know the people are too pussy to open fire?

I say if the police suspect somebody of committing a crime they should have the right to summarily execute them. Fuck wasting the taxpayers money with all this trial bullshit.

Plus, it'd put Dush out of a job, which would be fucking hilarious.

HornyPope
07-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Classic rally-round-the-flag syndrome. It's a fairly scary situation - a member of the community was harassed and then gunned down by the government. Who gives a shit about logic at that point? Who gives a shit whether or not it was his fault? He's dead, they're scared, they feel powerless. So they fall back to instilling pride in the community again, rallying their spirits. There's no real logic to it, just emotions.

Point taken.

Shh... you only compliment him and drive his hopes up when you admit to the possibility that he might graduate law-school some day.

And I like it how he got shoot FIVE TIMES in the HEAD (or so I heard in the news- could be wrong). Yeah... you know... to make sure he died. If only cops in Hollywood emptied out their guns at the vilains, we'd have no more gay sequals.

Jesus
07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
I understand the anger, but I don't understand why it's a matter of a Brazilian pride.

My dear Palestinian, the reason why you don't understand it is because you're not a football fan. Brazilians mourn for weeks when Ronaldo or Ronaldinho gets injured, they cry when a goal is missed and they get a boobjob when they win something. They are just very emotional jingoistic people.

notoriousdoc
07-27-2005, 09:58 AM
My dear Palestinian, the reason why you don't understand it is because you're not a football fan. Brazilians mourn for weeks when Ronaldo or Ronaldinho gets injured, they cry when a goal is missed and they get a boobjob when they win something. They are just very emotional jingoistic people.
That's just retarded

Anyway, the guy running was an idiot and deserve to be shot, five times and maybe more. How stupid can you get? You live in the country on an illegal visa, inhabit an apartment that is being watched by the police, run around a tube station in a baggy coat and then run away fro the filth when they shout at you

Iddy
07-27-2005, 12:44 PM
You live in London ; you're a filthy Loyalist cur of the English. End of story.

Don't say that too loudly... my family will lynch me.

Iddy
07-27-2005, 12:48 PM

Do non-whites get irritated when people don't know their ethnicity or treat them all the same?

Iddy
07-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Because she's actually a Republican

Maybe i shouldn't share this, but i feel a warm burning pride when i get called that.

HornyPope
07-27-2005, 01:01 PM

I didn't have sex with your girlfriend, no need to call me names. :( Mean.

ermdevi@tion
07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
What I don't get is why the police willingly followed their "suspect" onto a bus in London, even though they have twice now been targetted (buses, that is). They couldn't even explain why he had been followed in the first place. Perhaps they are just too scared to admit it was racial profiling/another ridiculous assumption.

And the police have been mounting increasing visa security checks at Tube stations, a policy widely publicised in Brazillian papers in London, so I guess that can easily account for why he ran.

NOAMR
07-27-2005, 02:06 PM
And who's gonna respect the cops if they don't shoot at you when you run away? Who's actually gonna "FREEZE" if they know the people are too pussy to open fire?

I say if the police suspect somebody of committing a crime they should have the right to summarily execute them. Fuck wasting the taxpayers money with all this trial bullshit.

And who is going to respect and trust the cops if they kill someone randomly just cuz they THINK he's a criminal? I won't trust them if they shoot that fast, how more they shoot, how more chance innocents get hit(not only cuz the one who is shoot at could be one, but also people who are in the area can get hit).It's frightened you believe so much repression is needfull cuz they have put you full of fear. Fear makes you a slave, remember that.

0r4ng3
07-27-2005, 08:55 PM
And who is going to respect and trust the cops if they kill someone randomly just cuz they THINK he's a criminal?
When the cops say stop, you fucking stop. If you're innocent, there's no reason to run.

sKratch
07-27-2005, 11:17 PM
When the cops say stop, you fucking stop.
Agreed.

If you're innocent, there's no reason to run.
Disagreed.

Does logic allow for me to do that?

NOAMR
07-28-2005, 03:53 AM
When the cops say stop, you fucking stop. If you're innocent, there's no reason to run.

Cops aren't holy, they can't do whatever they want. It's perhaaps better for yourself tto stop if cops say so, cuz they have too much power. But still, if you have committed a crime, you are perhaps better off when you run away, you have nothing to loose. Cuz you tought some criminals where murderers, not some cops. And if you have committed a small crime or you feel threatened by bad cops, you have a reason to run, but not a reason to die.

Preocupado
07-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Mota_Boy's rally-round-the-flag-syndrome seems coherent.

In addition:

My dear Palestinian, the reason why you don't understand it is because you're not a football fan. Brazilians mourn for weeks when Ronaldo or Ronaldinho gets injured, they cry when a goal is missed and they get a boobjob when they win something. They are just very emotional jingoistic people

This is generally true among brazilians. Just change the word emotional for naive.

sKratch
07-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Or even naïve.

HornyPope
08-20-2005, 10:36 AM
So this whole Brasilian story came out to look something like... this?

http://www.picvault.info/images/134935_marvin.jpg

Vincent: You gotta have an opinion. Do you really think that God, came down and sto--
-KAPOW-
Jules:What the fuck was that?
Vincent:Ah man, I just shot Marvin in the face

Looks like someone in the London police had his finger slipped and the whole team tried to cover up the fuck-up... by shooting another 7 times and fabricating the story from their ass.

Mota Boy
08-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the dude wasn't wearing a heavy jacket, didn't jump the turnstile and didn't run from the police.

So, the policemen responsible are going to get their asses handed to them... right?

ermdevi@tion
08-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Apparently not, 'cause they were "only following orders." :rolleyes: