PDA

View Full Version : Catholics Attempt To Gain Total Control Of South Carolina

KappaWing
07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129023,00.html
---------------------------------------
NEW YORK — Nearly 140 years after the Civil War, another group of Americans wants to secede from the union.

Christian Exodus (search), a California-based group, wants God to be its commander in chief. Decrying what it perceives as the unjust secularization of the United States, it wants a sovereign state of its own.

But rather than eye the Golden State — a "lost cause," says the group's founder — it'll settle for South Carolina (search).

Cory Burnell (search), Christian Exodus' founder and president, told FOX News that the group narrowed its focus to the Bible Belt state based on an electorate that is already "Christian-leaning," has its own ports and — unlike its neighbor North Carolina — is no hub of liberalism.

Christian Exodus' mission, according to its Web site, is to scrap the "tyrannical authority" of federal government in favor of a constitutional republic, with the Ten Commandments rather than the U.S. Constitution as government's guide.

Phase One of the group's "plan of action" in breaking down the wall between church and state is to enlist groups of 1,000 members to move into 12 designated House districts in South Carolina, with the goal of voting 12 "Christian sovereigntists" into the state government by 2008.

Subsequent similar phases will then go into effect. If by 2016 group leaders have not achieved the kind of government they want, Christian Exodus will throw down the gauntlet and seek independence.

The group comprises "mainstream evangelical Christians" who oppose abortion under all circumstances, want prayer in schools and hope to live far from "sodomites."

But don't call them isolationists.

"We want to use the existing apparatus [of the United States] to put us in a position to protect our liberties, but we don't want to wall ourselves off from the rest of the world," Burnell told FOX News.

"We have to look at the great mission posed to us by Jesus Christ: Go as a disciple to nations," he said. "We want to go into the rest of the world."

Burnell’s effort is viewed with skepticism by not only expected critics but also by some who share his general religious convictions.

A spokesman for Bob Jones University (search) — a nondenominational Christian university that “stands without apology for the old-time religion and the absolute authority of the Bible — said the school would not be part of the campaign.

"As Christians, it's not our job to start a new country," Jonathan Pait, a spokesman for the university, told the Atlanta Journal Constitution. "It's our job to spread the kingdom and the kingdom is not of this world. It's of the heart."
---------------------------------------

It's things like these that don't exactly make me proud to be an American.

Sin Studly
07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
The South will rise again!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/LPG/50003.jpg

Conspiracy of One
07-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Stupid catholics............with their...........uh....Catholicism!

outofex1le
07-27-2005, 07:01 AM
You know what I say? Let them secede! :P

XYlophonetreeZ
07-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Cory Burnell (search), Christian Exodus' founder and president, told FOX News that the group narrowed its focus to the Bible Belt state based on an electorate that is already "Christian-leaning," has its own ports and — unlike its neighbor North Carolina — is no hub of liberalism.

Now what in the hell is this shit about? Almost everyone I know here is a flag-waving Baptist homophobic conservative, from the rednecks who drive Silverados with Dale Earndhart stickers to the Country Club housewives it their stupid fucking straw hats who smile unnaturally and stay at home making banana bread all day and bottle up tons of competitive anger in themselves so they can compete with the neighbors to see who can be the most "hospitable." Hub of liberalism my ass.

SicN Twisted
07-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Take South Carolina. We don't want it - I could definately do without it. While they're at it, we should be generous and give them Alabama and Mississippi. I'd like to keep Georgia though, Atlanta and Savanah are pretty cool cities.

kickass0987654321
07-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Damn. It's okay to believe in what you want to believe but doing that? In my opinoin all those people who tried to do that are assholes.

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 05:43 PM
THey can fucking take south carolina we got fucking 2 of them we get the north one though.....................

sKratch
07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't see where that article states anywhere that this is a Catholic group. It definitely doesn't sound like something Catholics would do. It sounds like a revivalist neo-christian type thing.

wheelchairman
07-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah, compared to American theologists, Catholics are communist nutjobs.

sKratch
07-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Actually I think a lot of Latino / South American Catholics did favor Communism.

wheelchairman
07-28-2005, 12:38 PM
You're thinking of something caled Revolutionary Theology or something. I can't remember the precise name but it was a catholic movement in Latin America (idealistic priests teaching peasants not to take the shit that they get). It was pretty cool, had the picture of jesus with a rifle. However the last pope did everything to crush it in the 80's because the last pope was a huge douche.

SicN Twisted
07-28-2005, 01:26 PM
The old pope was Paul Wellstone compared to the new Nazi Pope.

sKratch
07-29-2005, 08:05 PM
You're thinking of something caled Revolutionary Theology or something. I can't remember the precise name but it was a catholic movement in Latin America (idealistic priests teaching peasants not to take the shit that they get). It was pretty cool, had the picture of jesus with a rifle. However the last pope did everything to crush it in the 80's because the last pope was a huge douche.
Or Poland got the ass-end of Communism and it's just catching up to the rest of Europe technologically and in terms of infrastructure.

Not Ozymandias
07-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Winning the Civil War was one of the worst mistakes this country ever made (possibly the worst). One less state full of Xian nuts forcing us to be ruled by morons would be beautiful.

wheelchairman
07-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Or Poland got the ass-end of Communism and it's just catching up to the rest of Europe technologically and in terms of infrastructure.
Poland is a nationalistic mess, that is nowhere near catching up. Western Europe is beginning to exploit cheap polish labour making it even more difficult for Poland to develop. The ass-end of capitalism hasn't been good for Poland either.

Italia311
08-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Fromt the Article I've gathered that this group isn't CATHOLIC but a bunch of nut job born again christians (the worst kind!!!!). If I'm wrong, someone please point it out. It doesn't even have the word Catholic in the fuckin article.

HisHolinessSatan
08-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Poland is a nationalistic mess, that is nowhere near catching up. Western Europe is beginning to exploit cheap polish labour making it even more difficult for Poland to develop. The ass-end of capitalism hasn't been good for Poland either.

Same thing is hapening in Romania too, eastern european countries starting to become for Western Europe what Asia is to the US.

arak0r
08-02-2005, 10:11 PM
where does it say theyre catholic?

Not Ozymandias
08-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Good catch, I missed that the first time. Southern Xians aren't any more fond of Catholics than they are of atheists or gays.

KappaWing
08-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Hmmmm... I think youre right. It doesent mention catholics. Rather they seem to be a group of neo-christian extremists. My mistake.

MichealCorleone
08-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Hmmmm... I think youre right. It doesent mention catholics. Rather they seem to be a group of neo-christian extremists. My mistake.

*doesn't 10 chars

KappaWing
08-07-2005, 06:12 AM
*doesn't 10 chars
Does it really matter THAT much?

Rivix
08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah cause A USA ran by Chirstian Government will really help our relations with the Muslims......

"As President of America, I say Iraq's religion is wrong, and need to be replaced, therefore I am calling off this war on terrorism and starting a crusade into Iraq..."

I can see it now...

sKratch
08-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Good catch, I missed that the first time. Southern Xians aren't any more fond of Catholics than they are of atheists or gays.
Son of a bitch, I pointed it out first :E
STOLE MY THUNDER.

Italia311
08-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah cause A USA ran by Chirstian Government will really help our relations with the Muslims......

"As President of America, I say Iraq's religion is wrong, and need to be replaced, therefore I am calling off this war on terrorism and starting a crusade into Iraq..."

I can see it now...

Isn't BUSH a Born AGAIN!@$?!@$!@#$? christian...

*puke*

Mota Boy
08-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Same thing is hapening in Romania too, eastern european countries starting to become for Western Europe what Asia is to the US.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing? Compare the countries of the Pacific Rim with nations in the rest of Asia (excluding India), Africa and South America.

And as for this, it'll never work out. Almost every Christian coalition falls apart. Most evangelical Christians can agree that they don't like evolution, secular schools, gays and (particularly) abortion, so they work great as a reactionary group, but when they actually have to come together and hammer out the details of their replacement plan, they fall into all sorts of disagreements and are famously uncompromising - that was the eventual downfall of the Moral Majority. Just like any other group, it's much easier to draw in a lot of Christians opposed to an issue, but incredibly difficult to get them to support certain ones (even John Roberts, a Bush nominee liberals are having a tough time hating, has drawn opposition from certain Christians).

willtodeath
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
The problem is people like...fundamentalists ...Conservatives, people who believe they're fucking right about what people have the right to do, and how to do it...Its bad to see that fashism still controls alot of people.
________
Housewives live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/housewives/)

sKratch
08-13-2005, 12:54 AM
First of all, the fascism comment was totally random. Second of all, doesn't everyone think they are correct about what people should have the right to do? Otherwise, the world wouldn't get anywhere.

MichealCorleone
08-13-2005, 09:19 AM
The problem is people like...fundamentalists ...Conservatives, people who believe they're fucking right about what people have the right to do, and how to do it...Its bad to see that fashism still controls alot of people.

* It's, fascism, a lot