PDA

View Full Version : i have a question.

The Flash
07-26-2005, 06:10 PM
is there going to be a new offspring album or was greatest hits their last one?

offspring_freak_3
07-26-2005, 06:18 PM
is there going to be a new offspring album or was greatest hits their last one?

first welcome to the boards :D

they have a contract with columbia for more 2 albums

Conspiracy of One
07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
yup............so there is without a doubt going to be 2 more.
ANd welcome

Apathy
07-26-2005, 06:35 PM
I hope the offspring out does green day.

here's what i'm talking about.

The Offspring:
S/T - Nice album for offspring fans
Ignition - Nice Album for offspring fans
Smash - Breakthrough album, exposed them to mainstream
Ixnay on the Hombre - nice album for offspring fans
Americana - Comeback album that made the offspring very popular.
Conspiracy of One - Nice album for offspring fans
Splinter - Nice album for offspring fans

Green Day:
39/Smooth - Nice album for green day fans
Kerplunk! - Nice album for green day fans
Dookie - Breakthrough album, exposed to Mainstream
Insomniac - Nice album for green day fans
Nimrod - Nice album for green day fans
Shenanigans - Nice album for green day fans
American Idiot - Comeback album that made them very popular.

See, they're tied with the number of albums, and the number of hugely successful albums. I hope the offspring can come out with another huge blowout album that shows up Green Day.

ŠemonFires
07-26-2005, 06:45 PM
two more heck ya i cant wait :cool:

Conspiracy of One
07-26-2005, 06:46 PM
hell yea...........

The Flash
07-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I used to like green day, but not so much anymore... they are extremely overrated.

barangatang
07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I hope the offspring out does green day.

here's what i'm talking about.

The Offspring:
S/T - Nice album for offspring fans
Ignition - Nice Album for offspring fans
Smash - Breakthrough album, exposed them to mainstream
Ixnay on the Hombre - nice album for offspring fans
Americana - Comeback album that made the offspring very popular.
Conspiracy of One - Nice album for offspring fans
Splinter - Nice album for offspring fans

Green Day:
39/Smooth - Nice album for green day fans
Kerplunk! - Nice album for green day fans
Dookie - Breakthrough album, exposed to Mainstream
Insomniac - Nice album for green day fans
Nimrod - Nice album for green day fans
Shenanigans - Nice album for green day fans
American Idiot - Comeback album that made them very popular.

See, they're tied with the number of albums, and the number of hugely successful albums. I hope the offspring can come out with another huge blowout album that shows up Green Day.

awsome, i completly agree

Venom Symbiote
07-26-2005, 08:59 PM
I doubt it.

The Offspring are a joke these days, seriously. I tend to agree with the majority of people on that.

Just look at the majority of the recent live performances on the GH DVD - all the stuff from last year was complete BALLS. BALLS, I say. Balls. ;)

SMASH0390
07-26-2005, 10:53 PM
I doubt it.

The Offspring are a joke these days, seriously. I tend to agree with the majority of people on that.

Just look at the majority of the recent live performances on the GH DVD - all the stuff from last year was complete BALLS. BALLS, I say. Balls. ;)

why the fuck are u even on this sight wow. as for wat the kid said i think hes/she (didnt check) is right that sounds about correct. however im still a loyal green day fan too tho. but offspring is more my band than green day...eather way thats correct.

0r4ng3
07-27-2005, 05:45 AM
awsome, i completly agree
I'm pretty sure The Offspring's next album will be better than Green Day's next album.

notoriousdoc
07-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Conspiracy of one and Splinter "A nice one for fans" yeah right!

leo3375
07-27-2005, 08:36 AM
First of all, I would also like to welcome The Flash to the boards.

Second, there is word that work will begin on the new album either after the Warped Tour or after the European tour.

~*hit_that*~
07-27-2005, 08:43 AM
why the fuck are u even on this sight wow. as for wat the kid said i think hes/she (didnt check) is right that sounds about correct. however im still a loyal green day fan too tho. but offspring is more my band than green day...eather way thats correct.

hell yeah still a loyal Green Day fan though. :) have gotta agree with ya there!!!

Camilamazed
07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
2 more albums?! It would be only great one and It'd be enough for me.

FFX-ME
07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
hum, i thought they would have left columbia and do albums with dexter's record company

defy me
07-27-2005, 12:39 PM

what kid saying what? I agree i like Green Day but The Offspring i like kinda better.

FFX-ME
07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
i think he means he prefers the offspring but has more respect for greenday

Apathy
07-27-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure The Offspring's next album will be better than Green Day's next album.

I also agree. The albums right after the great ones tend to be less than spectacular. American Idiot will most likely have an aftermath album that is one of the weaker albums, as Co1 was for Americana.

FFX-ME
07-27-2005, 12:49 PM
i actually prefer co1 to americana, americana is to popy

SMASH0390
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
i thought co1 was more poppy than americana. idk maybe not..hmm

Manic subsidal
07-27-2005, 09:45 PM
i thought co1 was more poppy than americana. idk maybe not..hmm

I think they're kind of at the same level.... of popness haha.

SMASH0390
07-27-2005, 10:44 PM
yea lol i agree

kickass0987654321
07-27-2005, 11:16 PM
first welcome to the boards :D

they have a contract with columbia for more 2 albums

platinumpt
07-28-2005, 12:53 AM
I also agree. The albums right after the great ones tend to be less than spectacular. American Idiot will most likely have an aftermath album that is one of the weaker albums, as Co1 was for Americana.
The only albums of The Offspring I listen from the beginning to the end without skipping any songs are those aftermath albums, Ixnay on the Hombre and Conspiracy of One, so in my opinion they're the best! I don't think CO1 is weak... in fact I pity that the band only plays one song of that album in the tour... it deserved more...

so_drastic
07-28-2005, 01:11 AM
I reckon that Americana was too commercial, like, it had a majority of songs that were just made for radio, if you get what I mean. I like Conspiracy more cause it doesn't have as many of those songs.

Also, Ixnay is a great album, and the first one I ever listened to, back at the age of 5. I love it.

princess
07-28-2005, 02:27 AM
to compare ixnay and co1 is bizarre... there are a few good songs on co1 but there is a reason they only play one live. they tried to create an album that would appeal to their new fans off the back of americana and the old fans and it just didn't work all that well. ixnay on the other hand is a great album. from start to finish there are very strong songs. the two albums try to do the same thing but one worked, one kinda doesn't. co1 isn't a bad album, it just isn't great!

platinumpt
07-28-2005, 04:21 AM
to compare ixnay and co1 is bizarre...
I was not comparing them literally, I just said they're the only 2 albums I listen from the beginning to the end without skipping songs. Is that comparing? I said they're the best too, but hey, that's my opinion...

they tried to create an album that would appeal to their new fans off the back of americana and the old fans and it just didn't work all that well
Well, nothing much to say, it worked perfectly with me!

FFX-ME
07-28-2005, 06:05 AM
co1 is less popy they have no songs like prety fly or get a job and they have songs similar to dirty magic and bad habit

princess
07-28-2005, 09:00 AM
it is less poppy for sure but it just lacks something for me. apart from one or two songs which i could happily listen to over and over again, co1 feels like a cd full of album tracks. some of them tracks i like more than others, want you bad is one of my fav songs and something magical seems to come over me everytime i hear one fine day but most of it just doesn't do it for me. again, not saying it's a bad album but it falls a long way short of all the others in my humble opinion :)

Apathy
07-28-2005, 11:32 AM
i actually prefer co1 to americana, americana is to popy

To answer this and all the other responses I got about my post, I wasn't implying that Co1 was a worse album, Because I like it more too. I was implying that it wasn't as successful as americana. Hence weaker. Ixnay may be better than Smash, but it certainly wasn't a stronger album in terms of Successfulness.

Amazed
07-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I doubt it.

if you think they are a joke, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM?!?! :mad:

SMASH0390
07-28-2005, 03:10 PM
if you think they are a joke, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM?!?! :mad:

dude thats wat i was saying a couple pages ago wat a dumnfuck that kid is....

but yea there all good albums. like ixnay was suposed to b a part 2 to smash CO1 was suposed to b part 2 of americana maybe. but hey w.e im not complaing all cool.

Amazed
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
dude thats wat i was saying a couple pages ago wat a dumnfuck that kid is....

I know you said the same thing.. I just had to say it myself, because it made me so upset :p

SMASH0390
07-28-2005, 05:29 PM
I know you said the same thing.. I just had to say it myself, because it made me so upset :p

lol well we agree strongly then