PDA

View Full Version : Im made a bet...

The Flash
07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
I made a bet with my frend. He says offspring doesn't do drugs cuz they made the songs "Mota" and "What happened to you" and they have wives and kids. and I sed they prob do cuz all bands do drugs. personally im anti-drug, but can anyone answer this quarrel between my frend and i.

offspring_freak_3
07-26-2005, 08:26 PM
i dont know, but I read in some place that they had used crac, but i dont know if this is truth

punk_riOt
07-26-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm sure they have before, but probably when they were a lot younger. I don't think they would anymore.

SkunkIt
07-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Here's a link:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=298170#post298170

TarachnidX
07-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Check this interview out, its pretty old (like back when Dexter still had his dreads) but its the only interview I could find that asked the question about drugs.

Bravo: And what do you think about alcohol and drugs?

Dexter: We all used to drink more, but since we're on tour I hardly drink any alcohol - maybe a beer. But we're never drunk. I couldn't produce 100% on stage, with alcohol. I have nothing to say about drugs, I'd be better off dead, than to ever use drugs. I watched two of my best friends literally burn their minds to scum, with cocaine and heroin. In the end they couldn't even speak normally. One was a talented artist, but in the end he could only draw like a 3 year old baby. “What happened to you” is about this very sad subject. Marihuana is boring, but not as dangerous as alcohol.

Bravo: Are the rest of the guys abstinent as you are?

Dexter: They drink beer a lot, and sometimes smoke a joint. Noodles tried cocaine once, but the affect was so terrible, that now he wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot stick. He’s got a five year old daughter, who he sometimes brings on tour with him. He’s a great father, he takes care of his daughter, like no one else. He always tries to set a good example for his daughter, when she’s around, he never drinks, and never ever uses words like shit.

Bravo: Despite all this you guys are real punks?

Dexter: What is a “real punk”? Somebody who lives according to the “No future” slogan? In that case probably not. Punk for us is a musical category, which is means a sound with tempo and huge amounts of energy. We were inspired by bands such as The Dead Kennedys and T.S.O.L. We do think about our future.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/4737/article30.html

rocketman
07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
not to go off topic but i found this line in the interview which i found kinda funny...

I wont wanna play music when Im forty, Id rather be a professor at a university.

lol kinda late

TarachnidX
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
not to go off topic but i found this line in the interview which i found kinda funny...

I won’t wanna play music when I’m forty, I’d rather be a professor at a university.

lol kinda late

Haha man that is funny! But dude he would be the koolest professor ever! Now he's probably saying he won't wanna play music when he's fifty. :D

Camilamazed
07-26-2005, 09:35 PM
This subject is as boring as Dexter's wife death (On Gone away). People should stop talking about their private lives.

vintagepunkrock7
07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
i like that article, i have read it a few times before.

cantrepeat4385
07-26-2005, 11:00 PM
all bands do drugs even if they say they dont :D

the samashing pumpkins ammited they used LSD

barangatang
07-26-2005, 11:53 PM
all bands do drugs even if they say they dont :D

the samashing pumpkins ammited they used LSD

they didn't need to admit it.

Dead Cheerleader
07-27-2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah 'admit,' like it's a 'crime.'

Revolver-2005?
07-27-2005, 01:50 AM
This subject is as boring as Dexter's wife death (On Gone away). People should stop talking about their private lives.

On the dual disc they said the song isnt really about anybody, its about loss, so shh and let the little people chat