PDA

View Full Version : Gay weddings: yes or no?

PsychoticAndInsomniac
07-27-2005, 03:15 AM
What do you think about gay weddings? Do you think they should be legal as they already are in some countries?

barangatang
07-27-2005, 03:16 AM
don't give a fuck im not gay

RXP
07-27-2005, 03:42 AM
It doesn't really bother me. Gays can still be gays without a legal title.

Tizzalicious
07-27-2005, 05:11 AM
don't give a fuck im not gay

that doesn't mean you can't care about it.

I think they should be legal yeah. As they are here.

barangatang
07-27-2005, 05:13 AM
that doesn't mean you can't care about it.

I think they should be legal yeah. As they are here.

yeah your right i was on the go and quickly posted something.

alright: Gay people should be allowed to do whatever they want. If you love someone you should be able to marry them. And anyone else who thinks otherwise is a incompetent, fool.

Mota___Boy
07-27-2005, 05:16 AM
Definatly, there's really no reason why not.

Tizzalicious
07-27-2005, 05:27 AM

weren't you gonna get a new name?

Vera
07-27-2005, 05:39 AM
I think you mean gay marriage.

Sin Studly
07-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Fags should be able to have civil services and all the same rights (when it comes to taxation, welfare, questions concerning a persons last will & testament, etc.) as breeders, but religious marraiges should be up to the Church they want a service with.

outofex1le
07-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Fags should be able to have civil services and all the same rights (when it comes to taxation, welfare, questions concerning a persons last will & testament, etc.) as breeders, but religious marraiges should be up to the Church they want a service with.

Marriage isn't religious anymore. You can go up and get married at the City Hall.

I believe that homosexuals should have the same exact rights as heterosexual couples have. I don't see how people can think love is limited to heterosexuals.

If it wasn't in the bible, we wouldn't be having this argument right now.

Aimeht
07-27-2005, 07:08 AM
What do you think about gay weddings? Do you think they should be legal as they already are in some countries?
I don't mind gay weddings. Yes, they should be legal. The thing I'm not sure about is adoption.

leo3375
07-27-2005, 07:36 AM
There is no secular reason why same-sax marriages shouldn't be legal. If two consenting, monogamous adults love each other and want to spend their lvies together, let them get married. However, I do believe that churches, synagogues, etc., should have the right to refuse to recognize such unions as they are separate entities from the government.

So, on a secular level, legalize it. On a religious level, let the religious leaders make their own decisions.

0r4ng3
07-27-2005, 07:39 AM
If two consenting, monogamous adults love each other and want to spend their lvies together, let them get married.
Exactly. The churces believe that if gays are allowed to marry, then people will want to marry animals or inanimate objecs, which is total crap. As long as both people want to get married, it should happen.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
07-27-2005, 07:49 AM
Gay people suck. It shouldn't be legal for them to even be in our country.

Edit: Wait...nope, they still suck.

dexterisMYman
07-27-2005, 08:53 AM
i think they should legalize gay marriage b/c i think if you love someone you should b able to marry them no matter what.

rodney mullen
07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
why not?....

RXP
07-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Do gays have to consumate their marriage lol butt sexes.

holland
07-27-2005, 11:39 AM
It should be legal everywhere, I think. Let people be happy!

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Nimrod In Town']Gay people suck. It shouldn't be legal for them to even be in our country.

I agree......................fuck gay weddings

PsychoticAndInsomniac
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
The thing I'm not sure about is adoption.

That's an interesting point. Do you people think gays should be legally allowed to adopt children? Gay marriage only affects the two who wed, but what effect would it have on their children? Is society currently psychologically ready for this?

SkunkIt
07-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Aren't wedding supposed to be gay? If the wedding's not gay, you might as well not get married, because your marraige won't be gay.

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
wtf was that supposed to mean?

outofex1le
07-27-2005, 05:35 PM
That's an interesting point. Do you people think gays should be legally allowed to adopt children? Gay marriage only affects the two who wed, but what effect would it have on their children? Is society currently psychologically ready for this?

I know where you're coming from, but they said the same thing about integration. The only psychological effect someone might have is tolerance, which God knows people would fear.

wtf was that supposed to mean?

I think they're referring to the "happy" meaning of "gay".

kickass0987654321
07-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I think they should be legal just in case there is some stupid gay person that wants to get married.

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 05:44 PM
...........................that was jus plain stupid^

kickass0987654321
07-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Deal with it.

Conspiracy of One
07-27-2005, 05:47 PM
excuse me young lady?

wheelchairman
07-27-2005, 06:40 PM
No, because I'm a victim of gay marriage.

leo3375
07-27-2005, 08:01 PM

That is for another discussion, but I will say this: no study has ever proven that a child with two mothers or two fathers will be gay. A friend of my boyfriend married a woman who has two mothers and the woman in question turned out straight. I believe that biology is by far the biggest factor in sexual orientation but the environment in which someone is raised will determine if someone will be able to accept it.

Sin Studly
07-27-2005, 08:45 PM
ibid, thanks. Pointing out the obvious the complete morons gets tiring when I'm stuck doing it all the fuckin time.

blackballs
07-31-2005, 12:39 AM
I say let all the gays get married so they can shut the fuck up as long as they stay the hell away from me, I'm fine with it.

Sin Studly
07-31-2005, 02:15 AM
Content deleted.

Little_Miss_1565
07-31-2005, 05:00 AM
I say let all the gays get married so the shut the fuck up as long as they stay the hell away from me, I'm fine with it.

No gay person would ever be attracted to you, blackballs, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Re: gay parenting---Would it be better for children and for society for kids to be raised in abusive heterosexual homes, or stable homosexual ones? The only thing that matters when raising kids is love, and it is absolutely ridiculous to think that gays can't love their kids as much as heterosexual people can.

Not Ozymandias
07-31-2005, 05:15 AM
I generally agree.

RXP
07-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Re: gay parenting---Would it be better for children and for society for kids to be raised in abusive heterosexual homes, or stable homosexual ones? The only thing that matters when raising kids is love, and it is absolutely ridiculous to think that gays can't love their kids as much as heterosexual people can.

Let me propse you a question. If hetro couple and homo couple were both equally loving, equally rich, equal in everything apart from which holes they like to fuck. Who'd you chose to be a parent? I'd pick the hetro cause they're just better for a kid.

Now of course if you said the hetro couple were abusive and the homos were nice hippies, I'd chose the gays.

honey
07-31-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm too lazy to read the rest of the thread, so I'm sorry if this is said before.

gay weddings are already legal in the netherlands, where I live. it works out great, I haven't heard about any problems and no one is really against it that strongly. (sp?) I don't see why 2 people who love each other shouldn't be able to get married.

Dr.Stupid
08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
There is no secular reason why same-sax marriages shouldn't be legal. If two consenting, monogamous adults love each other and want to spend their lvies together, let them get married. However, I do believe that churches, synagogues, etc., should have the right to refuse to recognize such unions as they are separate entities from the government.

So, on a secular level, legalize it. On a religious level, let the religious leaders make their own decisions.

That's a really great opinion.

I totally agree.

As someone who is gay, I agree with leo.

I just can't see how homosexuality is condemned by the bible and George Bush wants to follow that "ideal,"while in the same bible it condems the murder of others, yet he allows the armed forces to kill.

People just make too big a deal about homosexuality. Why should love be denied to those who wish to express it?

Dammit, I'm ranting and I just barely joined.

haha

Sorry :p

Dr.Stupid
08-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Gee, that is such an opinionated response

ermdevi@tion
08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I just can't see how homosexuality is condemned by the bible and George Bush wants to follow that "ideal,"while in the same bible it condems the murder of others, yet he allows the armed forces to kill.

The Bible also says man was created "in the image of God", does it not? And it says God loves every single human being equally.

But then, the Bible is all bullshit anyway, right? No one can verify most of what is written. And it has been translated so many times that most of its original meaning will have been lost. And even then, the New Testament was mostly written over 200 years after Jesus' death.

Bush uses religion to play the American public and get the votes from the so-called "religious right".

Dammit, I'm ranting and I just barely joined.

At least your ranting is coherent and gramatically correct, unlike most posts on this forum :rolleyes:.

leo3375
08-03-2005, 04:28 PM
A fun little fact about the Bible: It has been censored so much over the years and spun into what those in power want it to be. The actual passage people cite when they condemn homosexuality, when translated back into Hebrew, is really about manners when a visitor is staying in someone's home. I believe it's about not sharing a bed with your host, or not sleeping in your host's bed. It's along those lines.

Linda
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Yes, gay weddings should be legal everywhere and it would be better for children to be raised in stable homosexual homes.

JoeySA
08-03-2005, 05:50 PM
who gives a shit about any kind of wedding -they all end in divorce anyway and thats the end of that.

ŠemonFires
08-03-2005, 07:35 PM
i dont care if gay people get maried, 'if they're happy let them

jade fahy
08-03-2005, 11:15 PM
im not lesbian...but i think that they should have rights! its just that the gays/ lesbians that are speaking out are the ones that think that they should have extra benefits because they are gay/lesbian....the ones that just want the same rights as straight people do rarely speak out.... :mad:

jade fahy
08-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Let me propse you a question. If hetro couple and homo couple were both equally loving, equally rich, equal in everything apart from which holes they like to fuck. Who'd you chose to be a parent? I'd pick the hetro cause they're just better for a kid.

Now of course if you said the hetro couple were abusive and the homos were nice hippies, I'd chose the gays.

i was raised in a lesbian household since i was five until i was 13, which right now....which is because i just moved to live with my father...and im perfectly fine....or am i? jk :D

jade fahy
08-03-2005, 11:20 PM
my mom cant put her other half on her insurance, they cant be signified as partners! god....im ranting!

Flexing Wings
08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Nimrod In Town']Gay people suck. It shouldn't be legal for them to even be in our country.

Are you entirely comfortable with your own sexuality?

Socially Rejected
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
I personally think there is nothing wrong with gay weddings and everyone knows deep down the bible is alot of bull shit. Homosexuals can't help how they feel same as hetrosexuals so why treat them differently ? . I mean there is all this equal right shit whilst there is still racism and prejudice people in this world but then the world is an evil place. Most homophobic people are very likely uncomfortable with thier own sexuality and want to be see as the hard man/woman, and not a little panzy in which they probably are. At the end of the day it should be people's happiness that count's. As you have probably found out if you know any gay/lesbian couples are the majority of them are a hell lot nicer to be around than alot of straight couples.

SicN Twisted
08-06-2005, 12:49 PM
If a kid has two moms or two dads, they'd be abused for it their entire lives, and they'd grow up lacking a motherly and fatherly influence. I don't know exactly what effect that would have, since I've never seen anyone adopted by gays, but I'm sure the effect would be negative, at least the way our society is right now.

Conspiracy of One
08-06-2005, 01:18 PM
No because then the child would grow up thinking being gay was a normal way of life...........so he would be attracted to the same sex of his/hers.........and eventually everyone in the world would be gay.............and thats just fucking wrong as hell........wrong as fucking hell.

0r4ng3
08-06-2005, 01:22 PM
No because then the child would grow up thinking being gay was a normal way of life...........so he would be attracted to the same sex of his/hers.........and eventually everyone in the world would be gay.............and thats just fucking wrong as hell........wrong as fucking hell.
No it wouldn't...population's too high anyway.

Socially Rejected
08-06-2005, 01:28 PM

Not nesscarilly (sp?), the child would only feel that way to other's of the same sex if that was how it was meant to be. Also, if the child grow's up he/she is likely not to be homophobic and will be a more understanding person.

Conspiracy of One
08-06-2005, 01:33 PM
No it wouldn't...population's too high anyway.
Eventually some day............it wont happen though...But fuck gay weddings

Unnatural Disaster
08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
gay people should have the right to get married if they want to.

noodlesfan
08-12-2005, 06:09 PM
just let them, if you want to listen to everything the bible says, you can sell your daughter to slavery, and you can stone to death your kids if they misbehave, so let the gays marry, and let them do what they want, im not gay, i just hate people telling someone they cant do something because of a god damn dictionary or a bible that constitutes prostitution. FUCK YOU GOD DAMN GIRAFFES!!

Socially Rejected
08-13-2005, 05:05 AM
^ I agree with you but, what does giraffe's have to do with it ?!

MichealCorleone
08-13-2005, 09:13 AM
^ I agree with you but, what does giraffe's have to do with it ?!

* 'you, but', do, giraffes

soundsofliberty
08-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Basically, if people wanna do something that is not going to damage others around them (as a simple marriage wouldn't) then let them do it. It's admirable that they will stand up and do something when theres so many intolerable fucks around.

~*hit_that*~
08-16-2005, 08:47 AM

exactly, they're all humans afterall :)

dextermyideal
08-19-2005, 04:20 AM
that should be legal.

ichoose90
08-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I say that it should be completely legal. I belive in equality, so therefore gays, straights, and bi's are all equal. They have just as much reason to get married as straight people do.