PDA

View Full Version : About the european tour

farelly
07-27-2005, 09:19 AM
We havenīt had more european tour dates since some weeks ago. I hope that itīs not mean that the offspring only is gonna go to those countries (italy, germany, UK and france) because Iīm Spanish and Iīm want them here in September!

Goodbye Offspring fans, and I hope my English is good. :)

IdleOffspring
07-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I think and hope that there will be more dates

Amazed
07-27-2005, 03:26 PM
me too (message too short)

RonWelty
07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I think and hope that there will be more dates
sadly i really doubt it :S

Zee
07-28-2005, 02:13 AM
The show in Finland is still to be announced on the official site, so we'll see if there's coming even more.

SkyRocker
07-28-2005, 02:44 AM
sadly i really doubt it :S
They said there will be more dates.
You can only see on the site the official ones. That's normal coz there doing a great tour now and they surely don't know in what mood they'll be in september

farelly
07-28-2005, 03:34 AM
is there any web page where we can see "still not official" dates?

Fat Boy Samsam
07-29-2005, 02:24 PM
We havenīt had more european tour dates since some weeks ago. I hope that itīs not mean that the offspring only is gonna go to those countries (italy, germany, UK and france) because Iīm Spanish and Iīm want them here in September!

Goodbye Offspring fans, and I hope my English is good. :)

There will be some more dates announced within the next 3 weeks in:

Madrid, Amsterdam and Prague

IdleOffspring
07-29-2005, 02:34 PM
There will be some more dates announced within the next 3 weeks in:

Madrid, Amsterdam and Prague

I hope you are right

SkyRocker
07-30-2005, 01:50 AM
is there any web page where we can see "still not official" dates?
No, i don't think, they cannot release unnofficial dates coz if they cancel them, it will make blasé too much people

Fat Boy Samsam
07-30-2005, 02:56 AM
No, i don't think, they cannot release unnofficial dates coz if they cancel them, it will make blasé too much people

Don't worry. The official announcement on the remaining 4 European (Madrid, Prague, Amsterdam and possibly Helsinki) tour dates will be very soon.

farelly
07-30-2005, 03:38 AM
Ok, thanks, my day is happier after knowing that they will come to Madrid :)

See you at concert!

Zee
07-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Fat Boy is probably just fooling around, but anyways, Helsinki is already confirmed like a month ago.

Amazed
07-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Don't worry. The official announcement on the remaining 4 European (Madrid, Prague, Amsterdam and possibly Helsinki) tour dates will be very soon.

only 4 more dates? :eek: *cries*

RonWelty
07-30-2005, 08:17 AM

i doubt .... in Spain they play in BARCELONA not in MADRID ..

Dirty Bertie
07-30-2005, 09:29 AM
i doubt .... in Spain they play in BARCELONA not in MADRID ..

I've heard rumours of Madrid as well...
maybe they fancy a change or want to catch one of Beckhams games while they are there? :D

Amazed
07-30-2005, 10:18 AM

btw, what's your source?

Bender
07-30-2005, 11:19 AM
well i think offspring should make a bigger tour in europe...
i am from germany and in the last 5 years they played about 8 or 9 gigs in germany...
they most of their gigs were south...and i am living in the north...and for the last gig i payed beside the ticket 155 euros for the travelling to that place were they played...and there were guys who payed even much much more than that!
i really love the offspring but i can`t afford it to pay hundreds of euros to see them...
and some guy`s in europe have to travel even to their neighbour country to see them and that very fucking expensive too...

would their be an bigger european-tour it would be the greatest thing that could happen...offspring is not often in europe...and when there will an european tour they have to play much more gigs than now. and if would do that there would be more guys than now on their gigs because more guys could afford that!!!

whatever!!!

but i`m really looking forward to seen them in germany in septembre...even i will have to pay 130 euros for the train-ticket to go there...

BuddyHolly
07-30-2005, 11:38 AM
You should go by car.

RonWelty
07-30-2005, 03:11 PM
I've heard rumours of Madrid as well...
maybe they fancy a change or want to catch one of Beckhams games while they are there? :D
well they does not have a lot of impact in MADRID ..but in Barcelona and in all Spainīs South they are big ...letīs wait ! hope Lisbon and Portugal will be on the list !

Zee
07-31-2005, 02:24 PM
I think it's looking pretty bad that the gigs are those that they are now, only a month to go to the first gig in Italy so there wouldn't be enough time for the ticket sales for new gigs... and if there would be new gigs, it wouldn't take this much time to book them and they would probably already be announced.

I just don't know why they can't announce the Finnish date on the official page since it's been known here months now.

BuddyHolly
07-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Maybe the finnish show isn't announced because you can't buy tickets. Maybe that could be a reason why it makes no sense to "promote" the show at the website.

Zee
07-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Or maybe they are setting up a competition where you can win tickets, at least Foo Fighters had a couple of years ago on their site, and I have informed the management to get some tickets for the real fans... but that's just might be wishful thinking. Anyway, I think they will announce it at some point, maybe nearer the show with a nice surprises...

Amazed
07-31-2005, 03:37 PM
It pisses me off that there are so few dates for the European tour announced. And the only one in scandinavia is the club gig in finland (which is not even on this site yet). :mad: Won't someone just kill me? And put me out of my misery! :p

Zee
07-31-2005, 03:46 PM
That's true, pretty small European tour at the moment... but Greatest Hits isn't doing so good all over Europe, maybe they are asking too much of the gigs and the organizers can't take the risk to book them in a fear that enough people won't show up. Of course the bigger countries don't have this problem. Someone told here that in 1997 Offspring came to Finland and the organizers made somewhat huge loss only because of thousand people less showed up than was hoped to.

Amazed
07-31-2005, 04:19 PM
well, last time they played in sweden only 1400 people came (I wasn't one of them, because I wasn't a fan then..DOH!). I wanna live in a big country :mad:

Swill
07-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Play Dublin again.....jesus its the only thing that i want in my life!!!!
________
Free X Tube (http://www.fucktube.com/)

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 04:39 AM
It would be nicer to go to Madrid, instead of Paris... but what's your source? I won't believe in any of that until any official announcement, or until you reveal your source... but if it turns out that you're right, I'll be the first one to apologize!

RonWelty
08-01-2005, 04:56 AM
That's true, pretty small European tour at the moment... but Greatest Hits isn't doing so good all over Europe, maybe they are asking too much of the gigs and the organizers can't take the risk to book them in a fear that enough people won't show up. Of course the bigger countries don't have this problem. Someone told here that in 1997 Offspring came to Finland and the organizers made somewhat huge loss only because of thousand people less showed up than was hoped to.
they sell few albums here what do u want ? ...even in England they will not play at wembley ...what a mess ...

Zee
08-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Well, like Dexter said in some Warped Tour intreview, "We are going to Europe in September for a few weeks, and just kind of hit a few places there.", so it just might be it. But with the new album I'm sure they will make a larger European tour again.

princess
08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
they sell few albums here what do u want ? ...even in England they will not play at wembley ...what a mess ...

not sure if it would have made a difference but wembley arena doesn't have a roof right now, they're knocking it down and using a big tent in the car park right now aren't they?
i know the last wembley show didn't sell out but the standing tickets were all sold fast. the fact that they've added a second london date kinda shows that the demand is there, they probably coulda played wembley again if it wasn't being knocked down

Fat Boy Samsam
08-04-2005, 06:43 AM
It would be nicer to go to Madrid, instead of Paris... but what's your source? I won't believe in any of that until any official announcement, or until you reveal your source... but if it turns out that you're right, I'll be the first one to apologize!

Yes, date in Spain has been released. Sorry but I told you that it wasn't Barcelona!!

Negotiations on others continuing. Amsterdam announcement should be soon

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 07:22 AM
No, date in Spain hasn't been released yet, I've checked the official site. You look like you're saying bullshit. Like I said, I won't take you seriously until you reveal your source. But I'll be the first one to apologize if everything you're saying turns out to be true, of course... which I think it's not gonna happen, honestly...

Zee
08-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Actually, a date in Spain has already been announced, but not on the official page... still I think Fat Boy is playing some stupid games unless he would tell some sources indeed.

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Can you tell me more details about that date? Because I'm really into going to Paris, but if that is confirmed, I'll go somewhere closer...

Zee
08-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Sure...

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13259

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanx dude:)

Fat Boy Samsam
08-04-2005, 07:52 AM
You'll need to contact Liberation Media about updating the website. We are not responsible for that.

The date in Espana is the 21st September in Oviedo... yes, I had to look on the map as well. There will not now be a concert in Madrid on the 21st.

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 08:05 AM
You'll need to contact Liberation Media about updating the website. We are not responsible for that.

The date in Espana is the 21st September in Oviedo... yes, I had to look on the map as well. There will not now be a concert in Madrid on the 21st.
Alright. I apologize, you were half-right about Spain:)

But who are you anyway, "We are not responsible for that"?

BuddyHolly
08-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Negotiations on others continuing. Amsterdam announcement should be soon

Do you know what venue they are negotiating with? And do you know anything else about an Amsterdam show???

Fat Boy Samsam
08-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Do you know what venue they are negotiating with? And do you know anything else about an Amsterdam show???

Yes and yes.... However, please wait for an official announcement.

btw... it's not the Heineken music venue

BuddyHolly
08-04-2005, 09:28 AM
And it IS in Amsterdam???? HOORAY!!!!!!!! It will be a club show then... how fucking cool is that?! :D

edit: btw... How do you know all of this information?

Trippy
08-04-2005, 09:32 AM
who believes fat boy samsam anyways, fucking childish of him to claim that he knows something and the guy wont even tell any sources, dont believe him.

IdleOffspring
08-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Only when I see it on the official website I believe it for sure, Until then, just hoping he is right and they are coming.

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 10:39 AM
... actually he was right about the show in Spain! But he missed the city... it's gonna be in Oviedo, not in Madrid...