PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!

HMSPresident
07-28-2005, 02:40 AM
Ok, so I know i'll probably get huge amounts of abuse for this, but there is a genuine reason for asking! In fact, i'll explain why i'm asking first...

I ordered some Warped Tour tickets (for Tampa, Orlando and New York) way back when they were first released, and have been planning a big trip to the States ever since. I ordered the tickets through WarpedTour.com, which took me to MusicToday.com.

When I ordered the tickets, I made it clear that I needed them before the 1st of August, as I then fly out to the States.

As I haven't received anything from MusicToday.com, last week I sent them an email asking where the tickets were. They replied to say that the tickets are scheduled to be shipped on the 29th July... Which doesn't exactly leave time for them to be posted over here.

In the same email, they said that they'd cancelled the shipping, and would I like to have them sent to a US address or be available to collect at a Box Office. I paid $45 to have them shipped, so I asked why they couldnt simply post them that day (this was back on Mon 25th) to give them a full week to arrive.

Their next reply simply said "Let me know if you want them posted to Will-Call. We will pay for this"... So I replied again saying that i'd prefer to have them posted as it will save the hassle of collecting them when I arrive, but if they couldn't do that, when and where do I collect them.

I also asked them to confirm to me what it was they were going to do, as at the moment, I don't have a clue what is going on!!

So... the big question...

Can anyone tell me how to email the band, or someone who works with/close to the band whilst they're on the Warped Tour??

I don't want to go all the way to States to not be able to see the Tour that I've been looking forward to all year!!

PLEASE, any help would be much appreciated!!

Tizzalicious
07-28-2005, 02:48 AM
If I were you, I'd just pick them up at the box-office...

Plus it would have been smarter to post this in General Offspring Discussion...But one of the mods will fix that for you I think.

HMSPresident
07-28-2005, 02:56 AM
Yeah, I'd be more than happy to pick them up at the Box-Office, but this was never an option when ordering the tickets, so I have absolutely no information about it at all...

The last time I heard from MusicToday.com was Monday, they've just ignored me since!

Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this. Maybe someone can move it please?

Tizzalicious
07-28-2005, 03:04 AM
If they tell you you can, you probably can. Or maybe you can call them? Oh, and print their e-mails when you go there.

I had some shit with concert tickets once, (not Offspring once though), when I went to a concert in England, they got lost in the mail, and it was extremely stressy, but it all worked out, we showed their e-mails and confirmation number and stuff at the door and got tickets then. We called too though.

The only ones who can move it are Endymion or TheUnholyNightbringer, who aren't online at the moment, but I'm sure they will once they are.

HMSPresident
07-28-2005, 04:31 AM
Yeah, i'll have to print off the emails etc before I go. I'm just a bit concerned that as there was no "Will-Call" option when ordering them, they're expecting me to go somewhere completely different to where the tour is happening to collect the tickets!

I really want to call them, but their website just isn't working at all... :mad: It work once this morning, but I didn't get time to find the number before it crashed again!

Tizzalicious
07-28-2005, 04:35 AM
Hmm strange =/

I hope it'll work before you have to leave! Good luck!

HMSPresident
07-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Cheers!! I hope so too...

Still no luck with the website tho... Do you mind giving it a try? Maybe it's my computer or something... www.musictoday.com Thanks.

Tizzalicious
07-28-2005, 05:16 AM
It works here, the phone number is:

800-594-Tixx

Just have to add the US-number then...

HMSPresident
07-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Cheers! My whole internet went down for ages, and when I got back online they'd replied to me!

They're saying I have to pick the tickets up at the gate now. Which is good because I know I have tickets, but bad because:

- i've paid them $45 to ship the damn things
- i'll have to print off the emails etc to show at the gate
- i'll no doubt have to queue up for frigging ages at the box-office, then queue up again to get in...

Maybe I should sue them for all the "emotional damage and stress" they've caused... :D

rodney mullen
07-28-2005, 09:19 AM
i didnt read it, and you cant make me

Tizzalicious
07-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Cheers! My whole internet went down for ages, and when I got back online they'd replied to me!

They're saying I have to pick the tickets up at the gate now. Which is good because I know I have tickets, but bad because:

- i've paid them $45 to ship the damn things
- i'll have to print off the emails etc to show at the gate
- i'll no doubt have to queue up for frigging ages at the box-office, then queue up again to get in...

Maybe I should sue them for all the "emotional damage and stress" they've caused... :D

I stressed a LOT when I had my ticket-shit...they told us we wouldn't be delayed getting our tickets at the door...and we wanted to be front row...so we queued since midnight (crazy, I know), then in the morning, the guy who worked there told us we would be delayed anyway, so basicly we realised we had been waiting there all night for no reason, and everyone behind us would run in while we were waiting for our tickets. Imagine having queued all night and then hearing that. It doesn't make you very happy. At night the manager helped us though, we were allowed in before the doors opened, got our tickets, and could stay inside...awesome.

This was a Hansonshow :p

Tizzalicious
07-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Also, $45,- for shipping???? I thought the 7 quid I had to pay was bad!

HMSPresident
07-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Lol, as you could probably tell, I was getting very stressed... :mad:

Anyway, there have been developments. I finally heard something back from MusicToday.com on Thursday. I think the fact that I sent them a really angry email on Wednesday probably helped.

Their reply wasn't exactly satisfactory, but it will do.

I will have to collect the tickets when I arrive at each event...

But they completely ignored my question as to when i'd get my $45 back... And by then, I was so fed up with them that I haven't bothered arguing it yet.

It is pretty steep postage, $15 per order... Tickets are only $22!! Then there's the $7 "service charge" per ticket...