PDA

View Full Version : special delivery

FFX-ME
07-28-2005, 06:20 AM
man i love the sound they put in the chorus, its like and alarm its so cool and pumping, they should use that again

offspring kid
07-28-2005, 06:21 AM
when i listen to this song....first thing that comes in my mind is PIZZA

FFX-ME
07-28-2005, 06:22 AM
why is that, the food it makes me think of is tacos cuz its so hot and cool

offspring kid
07-28-2005, 06:23 AM
coz when i order Pizza it gets DELIVERED

FFX-ME
07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
lol, i think the delivery is more like a stocker thing, a bomb or somethin

offspring kid
07-28-2005, 07:10 AM
lol, i think the delivery is more like a stocker thing, a bomb or somethin

i dont know about that :S

Camilamazed
07-28-2005, 08:45 AM
when i listen to this song....first thing that comes in my mind is PIZZA

I've never said that befoire thinking I was the only crazy around here haha.That's exactly what comes across my mind when I listen to it lol....

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-28-2005, 08:52 AM
The first that comes into my mind when i listen to 'Special Delivery' is....Damn this is a great song!

barangatang
07-28-2005, 09:23 AM
at first i thought the chorus was:"YOUR GONNA FUCK WITH ME, YOUR GONNA FUCK WITH ME!!!" but i decided that that was a little too extreme for a offspring song.

Jojan
07-28-2005, 11:29 AM
I think they should say 'Fuck' in more songs-

offspring kid
07-28-2005, 11:38 AM
I've never said that befoire thinking I was the only crazy around here haha.That's exactly what comes across my mind when I listen to it lol....

COOL

Damn Short Message

SMASH0390
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM
ha pizza lol

Telekinesis
07-28-2005, 03:38 PM
at first i thought the chorus was:"YOUR GONNA FUCK WITH ME, YOUR GONNA FUCK WITH ME!!!" but i decided that that was a little too extreme for a offspring song.

That would have sounded awesome! Special Delivery is my favorite song ever by The Offspring, I love it but I crack up laughing when the Ooga Chuga thing kincks in, does anyone in Australia remember that Big M ad awhile ago? Well yeah anyway I think it's more of a UFO sound in the chorus than an alarm, but that's just my opinion. Well c-ya!

platinumpt
07-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Special Delivery is increeeedible!!! And that "alarm" sound is fucking awesome!!! When I first heard the song I couldn't believe what I was hearing. CO1 was the only album that made me feel that way by hearing it for the first time, that's why it's one of my favorites ever. It's a true masterpiece.

When I heard that song live (just for 1 time :(), damn, I thought I was gonna die in there, it was really unbelievable the crowd went totally wild!!!! Special Delivery rocks hard. Oh when I hear it I don't think about pizza I think... I think about obsession, stalking, and sexual abuse hahaha:D

IdiotOfTheDay
07-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Well yeah anyway I think it's more of a UFO sound in the chorus than an alarm, but that's just my opinion.
Yes, finally I'm not alone in the thinking-it's-a-UFO-sound thing!
Hah, I was listening to it in the car the other day and my mom kept looking around for cop cars until she figured out it was the music. And I thought it was "you're gonna fuck with me, you're gonna fuck with me" too. Then I looked up the lyrics and learned that I need to either fix whatever hearing problem I have or listen to my music with a better sound system.

Alexia_DemonGurl
07-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Wow, I'm not the only one who adores this song. It's been my favorite Offspring song ever since I heard it. I think they should play it live more often. It's such a brilliant song and it shouldn't go to waste!! ^ ^

vintagepunkrock7
07-29-2005, 09:03 PM
ok so someone somewhere, dont remember who or where, told me that sound in the background was from a video game, like an original nintendo game like the very first donkey kong with the barrels and the princess. i never really believed them but i dont doubt that there is a possibility that it came from a video game, it sounds like it could have.

punk_riOt
07-30-2005, 05:50 AM
I think they should say 'Fuck' in more songs-

lol me too

thecrowe72000
07-30-2005, 07:10 AM
ok so someone somewhere, dont remember who or where, told me that sound in the background was from a video game, like an original nintendo game like the very first donkey kong with the barrels and the princess. i never really believed them but i dont doubt that there is a possibility that it came from a video game, it sounds like it could have.
I remember reading that Special Delivery was inspired by the Donkey Kong arcade game, and I thought it must mean the "ooga chakas". Random thought: Why is he called Donkey Kong when he is clearly a monkey?

Preecey
07-30-2005, 07:24 AM
I thought Special Delivery was about a stalker. I thought the whole song was about rape.

Alexia_DemonGurl
07-30-2005, 02:02 PM
I thought Special Delivery was about a stalker. I thought the whole song was about rape.
Same here just minus that whole rape part. ^ ^

Preecey
07-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Oh, come on! 'Hello, got something for you'. What else is it going to be about?

goodgurl
07-30-2005, 02:17 PM
lol this song totally reminds me of this book i read, i can't remember the name of it though. but when i heard it the first time i thought it was hilarious. "this special delivery is yours.... hello got something for you" lol but the guy in this book would kill his victims with the phone cord... it was a funny book.

Conspiracy of One
07-30-2005, 02:24 PM
lol this song totally reminds me of this book i read, i can't remember the name of it though. but when i heard it the first time i thought it was hilarious. "this special delivery is yours.... hello got something for you" lol but the guy in this book would kill his victims with the phone cord... it was a funny book.

change your avatar..........pleeeaaassse!

thecrowe72000
07-30-2005, 05:23 PM
A postman ;) .

Alexia_DemonGurl
07-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey, it could be a murderous stalker. You know, with a gun.
I was thinking of a variation on that whole "Got a bullet with your name on it" thing.

Also, I'm not a guy. I don't know what lingo guys use for that kind of thing so please back off.

IdiotOfTheDay
07-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Also, I'm not a guy. I don't know what lingo guys use for that kind of thing so please back off.
I'm not a guy either, but I have a really fucked up mind, all because of one week in sixth grade...
If you have a basic idea of the characters in the anime/manga Inu-Yasha, you'll know that Miroku is a character who is really super-uber-perverted.
Well. "Think-Like-Miroku Week," as it turns out, will get you to start thinking like Miroku for quite a while.

Conspiracy of One
07-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm not a guy either, but I have a really fucked up mind

aint that the truth......