PDA

View Full Version : IRA abandons armed campaign.

Norwegian Cat
07-28-2005, 06:52 AM
The Irish Republican Army announces it will end its armed campaign and resume disarmament at 1500 GMT on Thursday. But the outlawed militant group, which has observed a cease-fire since 1997, said it would not formally disband...

Opinions and arguments.

ermdevi@tion
07-28-2005, 08:30 AM
They think that our government will just give them N.Ireland back :rolleyes:? Power comes down the barrel of a gun, not through empty words and handshakes.

shadowind
07-28-2005, 08:33 AM
power comes when people agree with you and are willing to help enforce your beliefs

ermdevi@tion
07-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Yeah...sure it does.

Sin Studly
07-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Obviously they're just gonna let the Pakis do the work for them for a while. The PIRA will never surrender, no matter what the spineless Sinn Fein might say.

Norwegian Cat
07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Obviously they're just gonna let the Pakis do the work for them for a while.

Don't be so sure. The pakis want the UK out of Iraq, while the IRA wants the UK out of Northern Ireland. I mean they really are giving peace a chance.

"Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time." -Lyndon B. Johnson

RXP
07-28-2005, 12:52 PM
You're a retard if you think Pakis want the UK out of Iraq. wtf. stupid.

Norwegian Cat
07-28-2005, 12:56 PM
You're a retard if you think Pakis want the UK out of Iraq. wtf. stupid.

Wait a sec... I'm not so very fluent in English... Aren't the pakis from pakistan??? Sorry :p

SicN Twisted
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
The IRA are a bunch of pussies. They were also resistent to do nerve gas terror attacks, they always stuck to conventional warfare. You don't see conventional warfare throwing the Brits out of Ireland, do you?

Iddy
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Its a good thing. Too long has the republican movement been marred by the extremist actions of a few. The IRA and its armed campaign were needed at a time, but that time has passed. I hope now that Nationalists and Unionists can sit together in peace and see a united and peaceful Ireland once more.

SicN Twisted
07-28-2005, 05:06 PM
It's because of that attitude that Northern Ireland hasn't and will probably never be liberated.

Iddy
07-28-2005, 05:15 PM
It's because of that attitude that Northern Ireland hasn't and will probably never be liberated.

the IRA carrying on with their armed campaign will not help matters though. In this age, those that use terror do not get taken seriously in politics. Conventional warfare helped the independance of the south in 1922, but won't work for the 6 counties which is a much more complex affair.

Its not nessecarily a matter of liberating N.Ireland anymore, but to bring about some sort of peace, physically and mentally, for the time being. Reunification is much further down the line.

Sin Studly
07-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Fuck peace, slaughter the loyalist scum! :mad: :mad: :mad:

RXP
07-29-2005, 01:12 AM
In this age, those that use terror do not get taken seriously in politics.

Outstanding point .SicN is using no logic whatsoever.

mrconeman
08-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Being from N.Ireland myself I would love to see the back of loyalism and any English connection to Ireland, however, I see things realisticly and realise I will probably never see it in my life time unfortunatly, I honestly have no problem with English people, its people who think they have any claim to Ireland like those idiotic loyalists from the North of Ireland who live here yet say they dont want to be Irish...but they live in Ireland they sure as hell arent English...Idiots

Back on topic, the IRA disbanding has no affect on me at all for the past 8 years they have done nothing but cause trouble to both Nationalists and Loyalists and try to make it out like they are up-holding a law