PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits - my thoughts

Stevo
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
i dont care if its already been discussed, i looked for a topic to reply to, didnt find one, so am startin one....

is it just me, or should the new greatest hits cd be better suited if it was titled..... "the singles collection" or something

no way they were the greatest songs from the 7 albums....but they were all songs that were released as singles from albums.

also, if we're getting a GREATEST HITS album, why not fill the bloody thing? gimme 80 mins of offspring, dont leave room on the disc for nothing. give us 80mins of the best offspring songs, not fill a cd with only 60mins of the singles thats been released.

i expect effort from the greatest band in the world.

the dvd....dont get me started.... lets rent a small room, play some songs and it can be our live footage. the live stuff of the huck it dvd left it for dead, it was so much more real.

anyways.... have a good one!

stevo

Conspiracy of One
07-28-2005, 08:13 PM
i dont care if its already been discussed, i looked for a topic to reply to, didnt find one, so am startin one....

is it just me, or should the new greatest hits cd be better suited if it was titled..... "the singles collection" or something

no way they were the greatest songs from the 7 albums....but they were all songs that were released as singles from albums.

also, if we're getting a GREATEST HITS album, why not fill the bloody thing? gimme 80 mins of offspring, dont leave room on the disc for nothing. give us 80mins of the best offspring songs, not fill a cd with only 60mins of the singles thats been released.

the dvd....dont get me started.... lets rent a small room, play some songs and it can be our live footage. the live stuff of the huck it dvd left it for dead, it was so much more real.

stevo

your avatar is freightening

kickass0987654321
07-28-2005, 08:52 PM
What is his avatar of?

Jase
07-28-2005, 11:47 PM

stevo

A greatest hits album is just an album of all their singles, not what the public thinks are their best songs, that's a BEST OF album. This has been said like a zillion times already...

Stevo
07-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Zillion and ONE

neocon58
07-29-2005, 01:06 AM

stevo

the live stuff on huck it was over dubbed as well. blatantly obvious on TKAA on huck it when dexter closes his mouth but somehow is still singing.

anyway, this would be interesting info if this was posted like a month ago.

dain84
07-29-2005, 01:24 AM
On the dvd it was real live footy from mtv shows dumbass.

neocon58
07-29-2005, 01:26 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks10.gif

platinumpt
07-29-2005, 05:04 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks10.gif
You like using that pic dude! Actually it's a cool one :D

Yeah man, the over dubbed stuff is fucked up... that shit has the word "manipulation" written all over it... quality is awesome, but not as real as it could be... I think that the most "realistic" show ever of The Offspring transmitted on TV was the wembley arena in 2001. You can feel him struggling for air a few times, greg and noodles mess up a note or two (very small errors actually), that's the real stuff!!! Woodstock 99 is good two, very realistic, but I prefer Wembley 2001, I think Dexter was in better voice-shape.

Jesus
07-29-2005, 05:44 AM
You suck at searching or are just dumb.

That's what "greatest hits" means.

Hence why they used the term HITS! You gotta work on your English. "Best Of`s" are horrible, since they are subjective and no one can agree on the right tracklist. Like we would have gotten a zillion more topics with people complaining about a "best of" tracklist. Now we just get dumbfucks that don't understand the term "Hits".

A Dual Disc can only hold 60 minutes of audio.

why? You would have gotten most of those songs anyway (no matter what tracklist they used).

Are you talking about the DVD part of the Greatest hits? Or do you mean the Complete Video Music Collection dvd? If it's the first, that was recorded at their studio. If it's the latter, "live tv appearances" would have given a hint + (Get It Right as a hidden live video ofcourse).

neocon58
07-29-2005, 05:54 AM
You suck at searching or are just dumb.

That's what "greatest hits" means.

Hence why they used the term HITS! You gotta work on your English. "Best Of`s" are horrible, since they are subjective and no one can agree on the right tracklist. Like we would have gotten a zillion more topics with people complaining about a "best of" tracklist. Now we just get dumbfucks that don't understand the term "Hits".

A Dual Disc can only hold 60 minutes of audio.

why? You would have gotten most of those songs anyway (no matter what tracklist they used).

Are you talking about the DVD part of the Greatest hits? Or do you mean the Complete Video Music Collection dvd? If it's the first, that was recorded at their studio. If it's the latter, "live tv appearances" would have given a hint + (Get It Right as a hidden live video ofcourse).

Stevo just got pwned.

So thats why they call you Jesus! You truly are the saviour. Saviour from n00bz.

platinumpt
07-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Yeah, agreed. Jesus spoke, you penitent fools! Anyway, what's that "pwned" word?? I don't get it... :o

neocon58
07-29-2005, 06:11 AM
Yeah, agreed. Jesus spoke, you penitent fools! Anyway, what's that "pwned" word?? I don't get it... :o

it's basically just a different way of writing 'owned'. apparently its cool if you 'own' someone, even better if you 'pwn' someone.

your avatar looks like one of the soldiers from 'operation flashpoint' for some reason... :eek:

platinumpt
07-29-2005, 06:13 AM
it's basically just a different way of writing 'owned'. apparently its cool if you 'own' someone, even better if you 'pwn' someone.

your avatar looks like one of the soldiers from 'operation flashpoint' for some reason... :eek:
Thanks for the explanation...

Oh by the way, my avatar is CJ from GTA: San Andreas LOL:D

jasofern
07-29-2005, 07:36 AM
what do you reckon the chances of the offspring releasing a 'Best Of' album are?