PDA

View Full Version : New Dexter on the song?

thecavedog
07-29-2005, 03:05 AM
When will Dexter write a new Dexter on the song? It's been ages and that poll has been up there forever. I think we can all see that we want it to be on Lightning Rod.

Come on Dexter

Idiot
07-29-2005, 04:50 AM
Lazy bastard. :D

Nah, remember they've got all the Warped Tour and stuff, give him a couple more months. :)

thecavedog
07-29-2005, 05:01 AM
Yeah, I know. Just wondered.

Idiot
07-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Me too. Hopefully sometime before christmas!

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-29-2005, 05:29 AM
He will do it soon i hope because i'm interested at what he has to say, but he has got Family, Friends, have a rest after the Warped Tour, Studio time., before he could do that though

platinumpt
07-29-2005, 06:07 AM
Yeah, maybe he's gonna write stuff soon, but I'd prefer he wrote about the old material, like crossroads... but hey, looks like that's not the general opinion, whatever...

notoriousdoc
07-29-2005, 06:09 AM
IT appears that a load of dipshits have voted for Lightning rod. Bastards...

Iddy
07-29-2005, 06:11 AM
you can vote any number of times... so people do the same again and again. I really like the vocal structure of Lightening Rod, but when talking about songs i like lyrics.... they're pretty self explanatory in LR.

Idiot
07-29-2005, 06:12 AM
I thought the most-voted one would have been Gone Away.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
07-29-2005, 06:15 AM
we already know what he would write if we chose Gone Away..

"it's about loss basicly, and i'm surprised about how people send me letters saying this song helped them through a tough time" ect ect, just watch the dual disk greatest hits or video collection DVD, Dexter doesn't want to talk about it in my opinion.

Idiot
07-29-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't think he wants to talk about it either, which is why I wish it had more votes, so he had to. :p

DexterWannabe
07-29-2005, 10:21 AM
prolly the're too bizzy with driving minimotos and drinking beer!

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-29-2005, 10:25 AM
I can't believe lightning rod won. I agree with whoever said he should do an older song like crossroads. I guess that shows that there are more fans here of they're newer stuff.

Tux_Rocks
07-29-2005, 10:51 AM
He'll probably write it when he feels like it. I don't mind it being about Lightning Rod although I voted for (Can't Get My) Head Around You but it didn't win.

platinumpt
07-29-2005, 11:56 AM
I can't believe lightning rod won. I agree with whoever said he should do an older song like crossroads. I guess that shows that there are more fans here of they're newer stuff.
Of course. I voted for Crossroads. I'd like him to write about his older stuff, the new stuff is pretty self explanatory, it would be more interesting to go back in time, I guess...

killer_queen
07-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I think Dexter decided to talk about Ligtning Rod. That's why they made that poll. I mean it's not true. I can't believe that much people vote for All Along, Leave it Behind or 52 Girls. It's not even Offspring's. I'm saying, the poll isn't real. And I don't believe that much people didn't vote for Gone Away.

platinumpt
07-31-2005, 09:53 AM
I think Dexter decided to talk about Ligtning Rod. That's why they made that poll. I mean it's not true. I can't believe that much people vote for All Along, Leave it Behind or 52 Girls. It's not even Offspring's. I'm saying, the poll isn't real. And I don't believe that much people didn't vote for Gone Away.
Gone Away is totally self explanatory isn't it? Anyway, I love Gone Away, and I'd like Dexter to write about it too, but I prefer that he writes about Crossroads, which is older stuff, and therefore more attractive to me!:)

Suzanne
08-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Dexter talks about Gone Away grudgingly so let a sleeping dog,huh? :(

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeah... between Lightning Rod and Gone Away, I prefer Lightning Rod, even though I think he won't say anything special about it...

thecavedog
08-02-2005, 05:10 AM
I can see how there is so many votes for lightning rod. It's the most intriguing song on the later cds. I just want to know why he wrote something like that, where did it come from? I really don't care which song he writes on as long as it's not one of the self explanatory ones.