PDA

View Full Version : Offspring=Canīt repeat

OffspringerD@n
07-30-2005, 09:49 AM
I might be completly wrong about this but I think that when the offspring are singing canīt repeat, I think that they are talking about themselves.
might sound crazy but think about it...

"With all OUR joys and fears, wrapped in forgotten years"
" I woke the other day and saw my world has changed" and everything else...

A lot of things have happend ever since Manic Subsidal until now.
James lilja left the band,Noodles got stabbed after a show, they had a really good time with Smash, Dexterīs wife passed away, everyone had kids, TKAA ( dexter was driving around the street where he grew up and noticed a lot of changes), Ron left the band. Maybe Dexter,Noodles,and Greg made this song to represent each other. I donīt know, maybe itīs just another song, but maybe they made this song for another motive. What do you think?
thanks

Tired_Of_You
07-30-2005, 09:56 AM
I think you should use the search button.

The-Offspring-RuLe
07-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Damn you took away my reply...oh well

Nirushika6789
07-30-2005, 10:08 AM
I might be completly wrong about this but I think that when the offspring are singing canīt repeat, I think that they are talking about themselves.
might sound crazy but think about it...

"With all OUR joys and fears, wrapped in forgotten years"
" I woke the other day and saw my world has changed" and everything else...

A lot of things have happend ever since Manic Subsidal until now.
James lilja left the band,Noodles got stabbed after a show, they had a really good time with Smash, Dexterīs wife passed away, everyone had kids, TKAA ( dexter was driving around the street where he grew up and noticed a lot of changes), Ron left the band. Maybe Dexter,Noodles,and Greg made this song to represent each other. I donīt know, maybe itīs just another song, but maybe they made this song for another motive. What do you think?
thanks

if u listen to the DVD that came with the the greatest hits ablum u wud hear Dexter say (on self esteem) just because they use the 1st person doesnt mean they are exactly tlking about themselves.....

just bcos they say "our" doesnt mean they are tlking about themselves...

personally i dont think they are bcos they are still making a new album so...

notoriousdoc
07-30-2005, 10:13 AM
ARGH! Close this thread please mod!

OffspringerD@n
07-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Iīm not saying that they maybe wrote the songs just because of the OUR.duh
Iīm just saying that if you compare the song to them and think about what they have been through, youīll start thinking. also, did you see how in the video clip that they are all facing each other?

darko
07-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Noone knows for sure what gone away is about

notoriousdoc
07-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Noone knows for sure what gone away is about
We do, Dex said that was just about loss and no one in paticualar

Ronin
07-30-2005, 01:24 PM
who cares if they are talking about themselves or not...

the track is good, so leave it at that

OffspringerD@n
08-06-2005, 12:46 PM
HA! I found a web page saying that the new song Canīt repeat talks about the offspring past and present. just wish i couldīve saved the page

China Boy
08-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Actually Dexter's wife didn't die.

scream
08-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Watch the DVD side commentary on GH and you will learn your mistake OP.