PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up Ignition at the mall

Rexisfed
07-30-2005, 02:23 PM
so far I've just listened to Session and We Are One, and they are both really good. How would you rate this album as opposed to Smash?

Brines
07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I like it more. Dirty Magic is great. There's plenty more to come. Just keep listening. Kick Him When He's Down is also good. Get it Right. Forever and a Day.

Rexisfed
07-30-2005, 02:50 PM
I like it more. Dirty Magic is great. There's plenty more to come. Just keep listening. Kick Him When He's Down is also good. Get it Right. Forever and a Day.

I'm on No Hero now. So far my favorites were Session, Kick Him When He's Down, and Dirty Magic.

Brines
07-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Rightly so. LAPD's not bad either. But not my favorite. There are a lot of average songs on there. None of them are crappy. There are some gems too.

Conspiracy of One
07-30-2005, 02:55 PM
so far I've just listened to Session and We Are One, and they are both really good. How would you rate this album as opposed to Smash?

arent you like, oh idk, 13 years late on getting that album?

Rexisfed
07-30-2005, 02:57 PM

I sure am. But I just found out about the Offspring not even two months ago. I'm already obsessed and have all of their albums except s/t (which I am going to be buying sometime next week)

Conspiracy of One
07-30-2005, 02:58 PM
I sure am. But I just found out about the Offspring not even two months ago. I'm already obsessed and have all of their albums except s/t (which I am going to be buying sometime next week)

o ok gotcha............but then you need to get all their rarities and b-sides too.........

TRUSTpunk
07-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Here's my favorites from Ignition if your interested. Their maybe others that
I like but I can't really think of them. Listen to these and you will love all of
this album , Ignition in my opinion was also a huge hit like Smash.

01. Session
02. We Are One
03. L.A.P.D.
04. Dirty Magic
05. Burn It Up
06. No Hero

Tired_Of_You
07-30-2005, 04:13 PM
arent you like, oh idk, 13 years late on getting that album?Maybe he is, but I don't know why anyone should care. Besides, I'm almost sure you discovered Ignition way after its release.

Ignition is my favorite album. I think it's better than Smash.

IdiotOfTheDay
07-30-2005, 04:18 PM
I like that album; self-titled's my favorite, but Ignition is pretty fucking awesome too. I like Get It Right, We Are One, Burn It Up, No Hero, and Nothing From Something the most from that album....
And Conspiracy of One, just shut up. You're not funny. I was thirteen years late on that album too, but mostly because I was born the same year it came out. I don't think people were listening to the Offspring in the womb.

ArranAJFJ
07-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Ignition is a very good album, showing the Offspring still had there talent before they became big. Personally, I prefer Smash, but only just, Smash has some great points and some slightly weaker points, Ignition, however, is good all the way through, I love the constant quality. It might be the only Offspring album to do this. I don't think any track stands out a lot from this album like others, but this is because they are all great tracks.
My personal favorite for a long time was Kick Him When He's Down, but now i think I like all the tracks on this album about the same. Everyone I'd give about 8-8.5/10.

I think Ignition is one of there less appreciated albums, and more people should listen to it as well as the more famous ones like Americana, I even prefer Ignition to Americana. Overall it is my 4th favorite album, after Ixnay, Conspiracy and Smash. It was one of the earlier offspring albums I bought surprisingly, and it got me hooked on Offspring. I think I only bought it about 14 months ago.

Rexisfed
07-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I like that album; self-titled's my favorite, but Ignition is pretty fucking awesome too. I like Get It Right, We Are One, Burn It Up, No Hero, and Nothing From Something the most from that album....
And Conspiracy of One, just shut up. You're not funny. I was thirteen years late on that album too, but mostly because I was born the same year it came out. I don't think people were listening to the Offspring in the womb.

I was born the same year it came out too... 1992. I'm becomming obsessed with Kick Him When He's Down and Dirty Magic now.

HeadAroundU
07-30-2005, 06:16 PM
My favourite are:

We are one
Take it like a man
Dirty magic
No hero
LAPD
Nothing from something

Ignition is one perfect album!
I love Dexter's young voice,cool guitars&bass,amazing drums!!!

Gabriel
07-31-2005, 02:21 AM
buying this album was best decision in your life, couse it's best offspring album. All songs are awsome. my first 3:

1. Forever and a day
2. Get it right
3. No hero

RobinoZombie
07-31-2005, 07:46 AM
its an amazing album, its such a raw and powerfull record too listen too, prefer on vinyl, as the same with ST. But the faves from ignition is
Session, We Are one, kick him, forever and a day

bd007h
07-31-2005, 07:59 AM

It's too bad it probably won't have Kill The President on it. IF it doesn't, you can download it from the link in my signature.

Tired_Of_You
07-31-2005, 08:51 AM
The best way to find the S/T with Kill The President on it is to go in a second hand CD store.

TRUSTpunk
07-31-2005, 12:18 PM
You can look at every CD and see if the Track is on it. Those bastards that
told the band to remove it should sell the CD for cheaper now. Ass Holes! :mad:

princess
07-31-2005, 12:29 PM
i never knew kill the president was removed, you can't really but that album atall here in the uk unless its an imported version, then it costs a fortune. does this mean our older complete albums will be worth a few quid in years to come? :p

original_prankster
07-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Burn it Up is awesome. I think it's kinda bitchin' ect.

Also, I like We Are One, Session, Hypodermic and Dirty Magic alot. I don't really listen to the other tracks as often as those.

PS:
My self-titled doesn't have Kill The President...oh well. I gots it on the comp now. :D

killer_queen
07-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Dexter's voice on Ignition is really great and fucking sexy. And songs -especially Take it Like A Man- are awsome. I can't decide which one is best Ixnay or Ignition. But it's obvious that it's better than Smash.

Preecey
07-31-2005, 01:07 PM
My favourites are We Are One, Kick Him When He's Down and Dirty Magic. They sounded so much more coarse back then, rather than cleaned and polished like they were (and are) after Smash.

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Hey Resfixed (shit, I'm not sure if it spells like this, I forgot), good decision, really! And you aren't late for anything believe me, they still have a lot to give!

Ignition is great. It's not one of those which I listen to more time, but, as been said here, all songs are good, and it's very nice to listen too. In most Offspring cds there are songs I skip, but I can hear this one from the beginning to the end without getting tired:D

My favorites, without any particular order:

BURN IT UP
DIRTY MAGIC
TAKE IT LIKE A MAN
GET IT RIGHT
LAPD (Live version in Huntington Beach:D)

thecavedog
08-02-2005, 05:11 AM
The lyrics is so good on ignition. I just want to take the time to welcome a new fan, WELCOME. now go listen to the intro on americana :rolleyes:

leo3375
08-02-2005, 07:20 AM
"Ignition" is an excellent choice for an album. Usually for new fans I recommend starting with "Smash," "Americana," "Splinter" or "Greatest Hits." Believe me, "Ignition" will become a fast favorite.

Pilau
08-02-2005, 08:52 AM
My fave Ignition tracks are:

1. Session
2. We Are One
3. Kick Him When He's Down
4. Take It Like A Man
5. Get It Right
6. Dirty Magic
7. Hypodermic
8. Burn It Up
9. No Hero
10. L.A.P.D.
11. Nothing From Something
12. Forever And A Day

Whoa, ooops, thats all of them!

Oh yeah, now I remember - its not only my fave Offspring album but my fave ever album ever ever ever!

Offspring-Fanatic
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM

yeah and i figure that seeing your profile, you were what 1 year old when it came out, i bet a 1 year old was so excited to get Ignition!!!!

Total_immortal
08-02-2005, 03:29 PM
it's a cool cd ... i luv "Burn It Up" ... but i think smash is better.... :S ...

platinumpt
08-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah burn it up is so psycho, it's great!!!:D

billiejoe87
08-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Some critics say that Ignition should have been the album that broke The Offspring into mainstream, as it was an excellent album. However, people only started wanting to give punk a chance after Green day made it big, which was when Smash came out.

I think Ignition is an awesome album, these are the tracks I recommend:
*Dirty Magic (Fucking incredible)
*Burn it up
*No Hero (Brilliant,Only second to Dirty Magic)
*LAPD

As for when you get S.T, I think you should listen to:
*Jennifer Lost the war
*Elders
*Crossroads (Pure Brilliance)
*Beheaded
*Tehran
*Blackball

I personally don't like Kill the president but many other fans do, so you may as well listen to it.

platinumpt
08-03-2005, 02:18 AM
Some critics say that Ignition should have been the album that broke The Offspring into mainstream, as it was an excellent album. However, people only started wanting to give punk a chance after Green day made it big, which was when Smash came out.

I think Ignition is an awesome album, these are the tracks I recommend:
*Dirty Magic (Fucking incredible)
*Burn it up
*No Hero (Brilliant,Only second to Dirty Magic)
*LAPD

As for when you get S.T, I think you should listen to:
*Jennifer Lost the war
*Elders
*Crossroads (Pure Brilliance)
*Beheaded
*Tehran
*Blackball

I personally don't like Kill the president but many other fans do, so you may as well listen to it.
It's a nice list, definitely!!! It's always a pleasure to see someone that reckons that Crossroads is a masterpiece!!!!

But I think Ignition wasn't an appropriate album to bring them to the mainstream... it's more like an album for fans who only start listen to The Offspring since the Smash era, Ixnay era or Americana era, like most of us here... I think it would be hard to start liking The Offspring with Ignition, 'cause it has a style very much of its own, and very special, it's like an exquisit food I think:)

powerhead'05
08-03-2005, 04:21 AM
You picked it up? You thief!!

Paper Cuts
08-03-2005, 04:59 AM
Personally, I like Ignition better than Smash. But each does have a sound of its own.

Aannj
08-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Ignition is my 2nd fave album after Ixnay :D burn it up, lapd, dirty magic, something from nothing etc are ace