PDA

View Full Version : New Album by Offspring !!!!

beyore
07-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Anyone know for sure if the Offspring will be realeasing a new album in the near future and if so any timelines?????

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Wrong section. Moved.

SkyRocker
Are a dumb ?
Why did I say to you ?
Plus wrong forum !

honey
I think they will. I also think that they came with a greatest hits album cos they had a contract for 5 albums at columbia records (I believe) and they had to release a fifth. I think the band wants to release their next album on their own recordlabel, they don't have one if they wouldn't wanna release albums on it. so the greatest hits was the last album that finishes their contract with columbia records, and now they're free to do what they want on their own record label.

correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Hypodermic_89
07-31-2005, 10:46 AM
they'll release a new album next summer. they have already written a couple of new songs

peko
07-31-2005, 11:39 AM
I think they will. I also think that they came with a greatest hits album cos they had a contract for 5 albums at columbia records (I believe) and they had to release a fifth. I think the band wants to release their next album on their own recordlabel, they don't have one if they wouldn't wanna release albums on it. so the greatest hits was the last album that finishes their contract with columbia records, and now they're free to do what they want on their own record label.

No, they still have two more albums with Columbia.

offspring kid
07-31-2005, 12:07 PM
yeah they will make a new album they are signed with columbia for two more albums NOT ONE..........i think they will renew for more maybe

Weirddimensions
07-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey, next time use question marks instead of exclamation points. I was hoping you had some info to share...

Kitten
07-31-2005, 01:34 PM

Greatest Hits I don't think is counted as apart of that 5. I get the general impression that it is studio recorded albums, not some songs from other albums, plus two new songs.
As for Nitro releasing any future Offspring album, well, they might pick up the Ignition and Smash albums one day (if Mr. Brett will let those suckers go), but Nitro just doesn't have the capacity to do so. AFI is a prime example of that.

dain84
07-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Greatest Hits I don't think is counted as apart of that 5. I get the general impression that it is studio recorded albums, not some songs from other albums, plus two new songs.
As for Nitro releasing any future Offspring album, well, they might pick up the Ignition and Smash albums one day (if Mr. Brett will let those suckers go), but Nitro just doesn't have the capacity to do so. AFI is a prime example of that.
I think Epitaph should release remastered versions of smash and ignition. It'd be awesome. They remastered mission from god digitally, so why not two albums?

coke_a_holic
07-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey, next time use question marks instead of exclamation points. I was hoping you had some info to share...
Listen to this guy.

0r4ng3
07-31-2005, 06:32 PM
It does count. The Offspring signed an 8 album contract with Columbia, and Greatest Hits was the 6th album.

original_prankster
07-31-2005, 06:36 PM
I hope one of the other two is a b-side album.

Oh, and this is the trillionth thread on this subject just to let ya know.

platinumpt
07-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Yes, these people are right, The Offspring are going to release a few more albums, and the next one will be next summer hopefully!!!

Now that we're talking about remixing the first two albuns... anyone has an idea why Kill the president was removed from the track list? This doesn't affect me, because I bought mine a lot of time ago, but this got me curious...

dain84
07-31-2005, 07:44 PM
It does count. The Offspring signed an 8 album contract with Columbia, and Greatest Hits was the 6th album.
It was the 5th album.

dain84
07-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes, these people are right, The Offspring are going to release a few more albums, and the next one will be next summer hopefully!!!

Now that we're talking about remixing the first two albuns... anyone has an idea why Kill the president was removed from the track list? This doesn't affect me, because I bought mine a lot of time ago, but this got me curious...
They took it off after september 11th, 2001 because it was extremely anti-government.

SMASH0390
07-31-2005, 09:46 PM
i recently bought mine last october it had it on it. did i get lucky?

dain84
07-31-2005, 10:41 PM
i recently bought mine last october it had it on it. did i get lucky?
Was it used?

Rye
07-31-2005, 11:21 PM

GH was only 5... Ixnay, Americana, Co1, Splinter, and GH. 3 more on Columbia? Bleh.

0r4ng3
07-31-2005, 11:49 PM
GH was only 5... Ixnay, Americana, Co1, Splinter, and GH. 3 more on Columbia? Bleh.
I don't know what I was thinking...either I forgot about self-titled or Smash.

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 03:44 AM
They took it off after september 11th, 2001 because it was extremely anti-government.
Wow, I can't believe that's the reason... it's only a song, written in a totally different context and date. They should have kept it there... even though that's not my favorite song of the album, I hate when the bands give in to the pressure made by polytics or whatsoever...

SMASH0390
08-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Was it used?

i didnt think about that yea it was used, thatd be why.

NDM1
08-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah i had the same deal, I bought the album used. I didnt even know they took that song off of the s/t when i bought it so i just got lucky. Its a great song.