PDA

View Full Version : password protected threads

Paint_It_Black
07-31-2005, 09:52 AM
Wouldn't that be nice? Anyone can view, but only people you think will add something worthwhile would be given the password and allowed to reply. Hmm, actually that would be kind of irritating. Perhaps just a method of blocking certain usernames when the thread is created. To those blocked it would appear as a closed thread. Now that would cut down on spam. Of course, the mods would be constantly having to delete new threads created just to whine about being blocked. Be interesting though.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I can picture it being chaos.

Oh, and wrong forum, sort of.

Conspiracy of One
07-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Wouldn't that be nice? Anyone can view, but only people you think will add something worthwhile would be given the password and allowed to reply. Hmm, actually that would be kind of irritating. Perhaps just a method of blocking certain usernames when the thread is created. To those blocked it would appear as a closed thread. Now that would cut down on spam. Of course, the mods would be constantly having to delete new threads created just to whine about being blocked. Be interesting though.

yea im sure you'd be blocked out of plenty o' threads................thats me being serious by the way

Vera
07-31-2005, 09:57 AM
I doubt the board system has that sort of an option at all.

Conspiracy of One
07-31-2005, 09:58 AM
That would be a horrible idea because then people who you automaticly assume is a spammer would never be given the password to any threads. People think I'm a spammer even though I don't think I am. I just make pointless threads when I'm bored.

which have of them get closed *cough last poll of yours cough* and the other ones just sit there.............noone responding........takin up space........

the_GoDdEsS
07-31-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm not really in favour of this idea.

It would require creating certain groups and make it locked for certain groups. Wherever you create groups, you create competition, anger, jealousy. And we all know best this forum is full of teenagers. There are already certain subgroups on this board and hate going on. If you made someone feel completely unwanted, you'd create an even more hateful place. And we'd get tons of crybabies.

Marit
07-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Can't you just put people you don't like on ignore?

Conspiracy of One
07-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Can't you just put people you don't like on ignore?

Yes she has a point..but then again that dosent stop them from viewing the thread and posting crap.

Paint_It_Black
07-31-2005, 10:05 AM

I doubt it would work either. I wasn't trying to make an actual suggestion that should be implemented, I just thought the idea was interesting.

yea im sure you'd be blocked out of plenty o' threads................thats me being serious by the way

But probably none that I would want to read.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I can picture it being chaos.

Oh, and wrong forum, sort of.

Probably yeah. But interesting chaos. It's not like I would have to fix it again :P

I tend to forget there are other forums. Where should this be?

That would be a horrible idea because then people who you automaticly assume is a spammer would never be given the password to any threads. People think I'm a spammer even though I don't think I am. I just make pointless threads when I'm bored.

You must be bored a lot.

I doubt the board system has that sort of an option at all.

Yeah I know. I just wondered how it would work if it did.

Paint_It_Black
07-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Haha, damn you TUNB, you only moved this because I said you should strictly apply the rules to everyone if you are going to for some. I, obviously, didn't include myself in that.

Linda
07-31-2005, 10:23 AM

It would require creating certain groups and make it locked for certain groups. Wherever you create groups, you create competition, anger, jealousy. And we all know best this forum is full of teenagers. There are already certain subgroups on this board and hate going on. If you made someone feel completely unwanted, you'd create an even more hateful place. And we'd get tons of crybabies.

I find your age group more annoying and hateful than the teenagers.

Linda
07-31-2005, 10:30 AM
That's only because you can't get any action in that age group.

I'm not looking for any action in either age group, retard.
Why would I even want internet action when I have real life action?
Perhaps you should get offline and go look for some real life action of your own, unless you like jacking off everynight in front of your monitor. :rolleyes:

Endymion
07-31-2005, 10:50 AM
i'm completely 100% against this suggestion. this a is public board it should remain as such.

Paint_It_Black
07-31-2005, 11:09 AM
I wasn't seriously suggesting it. It looks more like I really meant it now it's in this forum.

HeadAroundU
07-31-2005, 12:40 PM

The BBS is hateful place more than enough!
I think its good idea...

love & peace
HeadAroundU

Linda
07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Look who can take a joke.

What joke? What you posted before wasn't a bit funny, and neither are you.

Brines
07-31-2005, 03:23 PM
Linda got burned. Ouch, stop, drop, and roll. 3rd degree.

Linda
07-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Linda, I'd respect you a little, even if you hated me, if you were more objective. Everything you say to me is an insult of some kind and I'm sick of it. You can not like me. That's fine. But it's annoying when you can't say anything but 'you suck'.

I don't need respect of you people online. I'm not that desperate for respect.
You insult me, I insult you. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Brines just got stupider. I never thought that was possible.

coke_a_holic
07-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Why won't Linda contract chronic arthritis like all the other ladies her age?

Linda
07-31-2005, 08:34 PM
"I insult you, you insult me" isn't what I'm shooting for when I log onto the board.

You're really tiring to talk to. It's like argueing with a child. Ironic that your so old.

But that's what you do.

I'm not arguing. I'm just stating fact. What's ironic is that you act the same as you did 5 years ago. Don't talk to me then, I really don't care! You were annoying 5 years ago, and you're still annoying now.

killer_queen
08-01-2005, 06:54 AM
I don't need respect of you people online. I'm not that desperate for respect.
This is so stupid. What's the diffrence? I think you're saying this because you're that desperate for respect.

Brines
08-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Since not caring automatically makes you more mature.

Since she has to have the last word, she obviously cares.

wheelchairman
08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Brines, what the hell do you know about Linda? You've been a member for less than a few months. The only reason you rag on her, is because you're a pathetic sycophantic suck-up. You're scum in everyone's eyes.

Linda
08-01-2005, 04:31 PM
This is so stupid. What's the diffrence? I think you're saying this because you're that desperate for respect.

Think what you like.

pretty fly 88
08-08-2005, 08:29 AM
This is not a good idea. I would probably get blocked out of some threads, even though I'm not a spammer. I just call people " stupid" every once in a while. And people don't like my least favorite Offspring song thread because I only gave them 4 songs to choose from, my 4 least favorites. But they aren't everybody's least favorites. It's an interesting thought, but a bad idea.

JoY
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
bad idea. isn't it enough, that there's a PM option?