PDA

View Full Version : How long untill they decide "we are too old for this"

Toxic Speed Bump
11-16-2004, 05:40 AM
Who are we kidding, Offspring aint getting any younger. plus one of the original members have left the band allready. So how longer do you think The Offspring will last? and how many albums do you think they'll do?

Kitten
11-16-2004, 06:32 AM
Who are we kidding, Offspring aint getting any younger. plus one of the original members have left the band allready. So how longer do you think The Offspring will last? and how many albums do you think they'll do?

One of the original members didn't leave the band due to aging. That doesn't even factor in, and with a new drummer in the band, wouldn't that mean they might stay together longer? Otherwise why not hire a session drummer and get them on tour and use Josh Freeze in the studio for the next album, to tide them over till they can disolve the band?

Toxic Speed Bump
11-16-2004, 06:43 AM
I never even said Ron left becouse of aging. geeze.

And yeah I hope they keep making music for a long time. Im not being anti offspring here, Im just asking a question.

Kitten
11-16-2004, 06:46 AM
I never even said Ron left becouse of aging. geeze.

And yeah I hope they keep making music for a long time. Im not being anti offspring here, Im just asking a question.

Fair enough, being tired with a toothache isn't the best mood to be in online. As for how long, when they decide I guess.

nitropenguin!
11-16-2004, 07:45 AM
The Offspring have eternal youth :p

*Denial* don't wanna think about the topic =(

offspringbaby2004
11-16-2004, 08:20 AM
The Offspring have eternal youth :p

*Denial* don't wanna think about the topic =(

same here .... it makes me sad to think about.

~mandy~

Fallen.
11-16-2004, 08:21 AM
i dont think it will be too long, they definately dont seem the types that would try and milk success for years and years. im not saying that they cant keep playing, but i think within a few years they will choose not to. i wouldnt be suprised if before they do leave it, theyd help a few bands springboard.

Bazza
11-16-2004, 08:24 AM
yeah, but they spent 10years jus playin at small gigs to small numbers of people, it shud be whether they enjoy making music, not whether they can mass market it

Fallen.
11-16-2004, 08:26 AM
yes, that was my point.
i'm not saying that the band will just stop playing, that would be slightly stupid. im saying i think they'll stop making albums within a few years. either that or they'll change their music style completely. maybe even several times. not like madonna reinvent your image style, just to amuse themselves.

samr
11-16-2004, 08:27 AM
I think they'll make the record thats been called out already, and maybe an EP or something, maybe a smaller record, that won't get too much hype and such.

Bazza
11-16-2004, 08:29 AM
cud jus make it available to us guys on the forums,

sell it over t'internet

Fallen.
11-16-2004, 08:31 AM
that would be really shit of them. the only reason they were going to release CO1 over the net before commercial release was so that everyone could get someone to make a copy and music would be free. maybe release over the net, but not forum only, that would suck.

Bazza
11-16-2004, 08:33 AM
y, u'd still get it

Fallen.
11-16-2004, 08:36 AM
but others wouldnt. it would be a bit elitist.

Bazza
11-16-2004, 08:41 AM
yeah but if it had got to the point where they weren't selling it in shops, then it would show that there wasn't a greater demand for it by the generally public, so in theory the only people who would want it would the true fans, most of whom are on this site, barring those without pc's/internet.

MirandaV
11-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Mh, I think (well, I hope) that they make this GH and after that a newrecord, and after that new album a few year and then make another. So 3 more albums.

Bazza
11-16-2004, 08:46 AM
i reckon a high quality live cd/dvd should be a good idea.

i'd also love an acoustic record of their greatest hits

MirandaV
11-16-2004, 09:48 AM
It's all great.

psimate
11-16-2004, 09:49 AM
i think greatest hits and only 2 more albums...
but im still waiting for the concert DVD!!!!!
a long full-show.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
everybody wants that, i dont understand why they dont do that?????
:cool:

jimmyjimjimz
11-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Honestly, I hope they stay together forever. Not like The Rolling Stones or anything, of course theyre gonna stop doing shows, but I hope they never stop making albums.

Strider
11-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Im think we can still expect many things from the band. Don't mention splitting up again! Please, the very idea makes my head hurt. :eek:

But, listen to Dexter on this(it is in the band's website, to provr you I'm not a liar):http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/bio

“There‘s such pressure on, as you get older, as to whether you should be playing in a rock band anymore. I‘m thinking maybe we can do this for a few more years…and that‘s what I said a few years ago. I feel lucky we‘re on the radar at all. We‘ve had quite a long run… I want to keep it going.“

Speaking seriously, I think they'll be on the road for the next ten years or more. Maybe their own offspring will form the band when they get too old. :D