PDA

View Full Version : Warped was awsome

2L8IW1N
07-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Ok I know this might be better suited for the tour forums... but I Just wanted to share my warped experience. This was the first time I've seen offspring live. I went with a bunch of people who arent really offspring fans, and this show has changed them into fans. Here in Detroit, Offspring had the largest and most body surfing / piting than any other band. This could also be because they were the last ones to play, but it was sweet. I was up near the very front. Dexter and Noodles gave their little jokes between songs, Noodles threw beer at the crowd, and in middle of their set they got out a fire hose and Dexter hosed everyone. I'm not really one to get crazy at concerts, but with their energy I just couldn't help it. Definitly a great job guys, I will definitly go to your next full length concert!

original_prankster
07-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Nice.

What did they play?

2L8IW1N
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately I had to spend a lot of time defending myself from getting kicked in the head, not to mention the people that are a little too large to be body surfing, I dont recall the exact order, but this is what they played and close to the order:

Opened with All I Want
Come out and Play
Can't Repeat
Nitro
CGMHAY
TKAA
Bad Habit
Self Esteem

HisHolinessSatan
07-31-2005, 10:14 PM
damn... sounds good

original_prankster
07-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Nitro?! Awesome. That's one of my favorites on Smash. I hope they play it here.

I am deeply anticipating the 7th. :D

HisHolinessSatan
07-31-2005, 10:15 PM
and please do post in the tours forum in the future.

2L8IW1N
07-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Well I wanted to share the experience, and theres far less people there :)

The-Offspring-RuLe
08-01-2005, 03:17 AM
That was a very good set list, i bet the crowd went nuts to those songs. You have to tell us what the crowd reactions were to each songs

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 03:21 AM
I hope the setlist in France resembles to that one... but preferably with a few more songs:D

Revolver-2005?
08-01-2005, 03:27 AM
im about to cry...i was gonna see them when they came here to the northeast PA...but then my friends dad didnt feel like driving us anymore...my parents cant...none of my others friends can give us a ride...why i have no idea...i hate you...and anyone else who goes to warped...unless i go then youre cool

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 03:30 AM
im about to cry...i was gonna see them when they came here to the northeast PA...but then my friends dad didnt feel like driving us anymore...my parents cant...none of my others friends can give us a ride...why i have no idea...i hate you...and anyone else who goes to warped...unless i go then youre cool
Oh man that's bad... I feel sorry for you, I really do... but don't worry, they're touring the USA all the time, I'm sure you'll get a few other chances before you die;)

2L8IW1N
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
The crowd was real crazy all throughout the setlist. There wasnt a single song where I wasn't getting kicked in the head and pushed around lol. I kinda wished i got to actually WATCH them playing rather than trying to see when the next person was going to be thrown on top of me. Everyone sang along with the songs.

Oh I also forgot to mention they played Staring at the Sun too. I just remembered that while at work today lol

on a side note I wore my offspring shirt and I heard a lot of comments about the band when people saw my shirt. Things like "oh yeah, I forgot offspring is here too!" and some older folks who were like "Heck yeah man Offspring!"

To the kid in PA who wants to go: I am kinda wanting to see them again real bad, and I think they have another PA show coming up. If you want to chip in I might be able to drive there with some friends on a road trip and we can pick you up and take you. No Offspring fan should be left behind!!! :)

original_prankster
08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Revolver-2005?

I hate you too.

*Cries in a corner*

Anyway...
They better perform Nitro & Session over here. Or I Choose. Which they haven't seemed to play at all.

IdiotOfTheDay
08-01-2005, 02:15 PM
NO MORE HOPE FOR BETTER DAYS :( :( :(
No offense dude, but it's just a concert. Don't cry about a concert. They have at least one more album coming out and they'll probably tour to promote it, I'm sure you'll be able to see them. I'd be upset if I couldn't go, but I wouldn't cry about it. So don't be such a little bitch and say "i hate you" just because you can't go to a concert.

Brines
08-01-2005, 02:23 PM
He wasn't serious, IOTD.

I missed the show. I BETTER get to see them on their next visit to Michigan!

crazy_dude387
08-05-2005, 02:00 PM
yea, they pulled the hose in barrie too.
noodles had a lot of anchorman jokes... again threw beer in the crowd
but they played

All I Want
Come out and play
can't repeat
session
bad habit
staring at the sun
the kids aren't alright
self esteem

it was fucking great