PDA

View Full Version : Sell Outs

KevinNL
08-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey,

I've been a fan for over 7 years now.
But I gave up, damn guys what went wrong?
I like the CD's until Americana, but after that album it became softer and it seems poppunk to me. The old stuff rocks! nowadays it seems you guys changed the music to fill in the taste of new school emo poppunk faggs. :confused:

Best of's are totaly bullshit, every true fan has all the CD's so why bother buying them on 1 record.
I lend the last DVD from a friend, I was formiliar with all the clips except the live footages. Cool to Hate was just ripped from the Americana video. Huck It was cool but this thing sucks.

It seems everything is about money, your making softer music so more people would listen to it = making more money.
Releasing DVD's full of crap
Best of with 1 new song.

I don't understand if there are people that liked the old stuff also dig the new shit.

maybe I go to a show if your in the country
but I'll never buy CD's anymore
posters/flaggs/calanders are going of the wall

Such a pity I realy liked your band.

Hardsell - Old Glory

Once you were my hero
once you were my number one
but times have changed now
and your spirit has gone

Old glory, old glory, it's time for you to go
Old glory, old glory, we don't need another show

Once you had a statement
and we looked up to you
now it's only money
and principles are fucking few

Show after show, you get worse
Well that is something your fans don't deserve
if you can't get the energy no more
Say: Bye kids, and close the fucking door

Greets,
Kevin (a dissapointed ex-fan)

Preecey
08-01-2005, 01:59 PM
How are they emo? Plus, I know people who don't want to buy all the albums because they don't like all their songs, but might do when they hear the hits. What's wrong with making money? Everyone else does, after all. And Can't Repeat isn't a soft song, I don't think.

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Well I'm happy!!! You've never been a good fan if you think that way, so I'm happy you leave them, they'll be much better without you! And that stuff about filling the taste of emo poppunk faggs... what the hell are you saying man, you must be stoned or something... go listen to The Noose or Long Way Home from Splinter! You know, Splinter, the album released in 2003...? Have you ever heard of it? Go listen in on of your local stores in your country, since you don't want to buy it. Come on go. And see what you miss. You're the fagg here!

EDIT: Oh by the way I've been fan for 11 years now.

Amazed
08-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Well I'm happy!!! You've never been a good fan if you think that way, so I'm happy you leave them, they'll be much better without you! And that stuff about filling the taste of emo poppunk faggs... what the hell are you saying man, you must be stoned or something... go listen to The Noose or Long Way Home from Splinter! You know, Splinter, the album released in 2003...? Have you ever heard of it? Go listen in on of your local stores in your country, since you don't want to buy it. Come on go. And see what you miss. You're the fagg here!

good reply!

platinumpt
08-01-2005, 02:09 PM
good reply!
Yeah thanks, but man, these so called offspring fans can be so annoying sometimes... and that final part with those lyrics he quoted is just so damn ridiculous, that I couldn't stay shut. :mad:

Jesus
08-01-2005, 02:10 PM
It seems everything is about money, your making softer music so more people would listen to it = making more money.

Yes that makes total sense because nowadays they make so much more money than in the past yes yes. :rolleyes: And I suppose pigs fly every night when we are not watching!

And their concert tickets cost like so much more too comapred to other mainstream bands, NOT http://www.koeln-event.de/konzert/veranst.html

Preecey
08-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah, the lyrics were just adding insult to injury.

original_prankster
08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Songs like Lightning Rod, No Brakes and Conspiracy Of One are really really emo.

Sarcasm.

If you think they're sell-outs, that's fine. But don't make a thread about it.

Little_Miss_1565
08-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Kevin--

First of all, the greatest hits comp was NOT a best of. Rather, it was a greatest hits comp. If you're not together enough to comprehend the difference, then I suppose it's no wonder you made a post like this. Greatest Hits comps like this one are not made for "the true fans" who already have all the songs--they're made for everyone else.

Additionally, you say the Offspring have gone soft. When exactly were they particularly 'hard'? Ignition was much, much softer than both the S/T disc and Smash. They've been pop-punk for a long damn time. Just because you're not going to hear Smash a million times over is no reason to whine.

Even more additionally, I wouldn't call Americana an "older" album.

Anyone who is in a band and wants to be in the band full time and not have to work a shitty day job is in it to make some money. Don't be so naive.

Amazed
08-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Yeah thanks, but man, these so called offspring fans can be so annoying sometimes... and that final part with those lyrics he quoted is just so damn ridiculous, that I couldn't stay shut. :mad:

yeah, those people make me so fucking mad. I'd like to chop their heads off. I was going to write my own reply, but I didn't have to since you wrote the exact things I was thinking.

darko
08-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry.....20+years? have you not learned EVERYONE is DIFFERNT!

they all have families to support and feed....at the end of the day everything boils down to money!

original_prankster
08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Been a fan for around 5 years. These guys got me into DECENT MUSIC back then. Before them, I listened to boybands. So, they saved this 15-year-old boy's music tastes from going down the gutter. They can't be THAT bad, can they? And I like their new and old stuff. I've got all of their CDs. Yeah, their style changed after their first 3 albums, but they are very good still. Their old music is stuff to listen to when you're angry and want to get your anger out, and their new stuff is good to listen to when you're in a good mood or if you WANT to be in a good mood. And it's good to listen to at parties, with friends, ect.

bouncingcoles
08-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Hey,

I like the CD's until Americana, but after that album it became softer and it seems poppunk to me. The old stuff rocks! nowadays it seems you guys changed the music to fill in the taste of new school emo poppunk faggs. :confused:

Best of's are totaly bullshit, every true fan has all the CD's so why bother buying them on 1 record.
I lend the last DVD from a friend, I was formiliar with all the clips except the live footages. Cool to Hate was just ripped from the Americana video. Huck It was cool but this thing sucks.

Best of with 1 new song.

I don't understand if there are people that liked the old stuff also dig the new shit.

Hardsell - Old Glory

Greets,

we dont care

london_calling
08-01-2005, 03:20 PM
i hate it when people say they hate bands cause they sell out, if everyone went on like that we would have no big bands to like. the saying sell out, is crap. and if your an ex fan, and all you have to say is shit then why join this forum.

barangatang
08-01-2005, 03:24 PM
i hate it when people say they hate bands cause they sell out, if everyone went on like that we would have no big bands to like. the saying sell out, is crap. and if your an ex fan, and all you have to say is shit then why join this forum.

If you were a skilled musician, wouldn't you want to make alot of money and become famous?

TheOffspringRule
08-01-2005, 03:47 PM
he ditched the offspring, what a loser
Hasnt really got the point of a greatest hits has he, the point is to put on your greatest hits and not loads of new songs, thats what an albums for. They didnt need to make smash soft in order to sell about 12 million copies did they

punk_riOt
08-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Wow, you're a fucking idiot.

I don't even know where to begin telling you what was wrong with what you said, you're a faggot, and im happy you're not a fan because we don't want people like you at all as fans.

Get fucked.

Jase
08-02-2005, 03:58 AM
What I don't get is he says he's been a fan for 7 years and he liked them up until Americana... Wasn't that released 7 years ago? :confused:

The-Offspring-RuLe
08-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Hey,

Best of with 1 new song.

Hardsell - Old Glory

Greets,

No no stop my sides are aching, you're funny.......what a good film that was Jim Carey is funny as hell. And what's this i'm reading....dude take the cork out of your ass you highly strung twat.

thecavedog
08-02-2005, 05:00 AM
If you want a band that likes making money take Metallica. They are so full of themselves and I still like them. PLUS. The Offspring took the time to come to South Africa. Metallica is too expensive to bring over here. I paid R288 for a golden circle ticket for The Offspring. Now I want to know how much Metallica wants???

People grow up, they change, it reflects in thier music. Would you be happy if the offspring still sounded like they did on self titled??? WTF!?!

PS. Rand / Dollar : R6,65 = $1

thecavedog
08-02-2005, 05:03 AM
he ditched the offspring, what a loser
Hasnt really got the point of a greatest hits has he, the point is to put on your greatest hits and not loads of new songs, thats what an albums for. They didnt need to make smash soft in order to sell about 12 million copies did they

GOOD POINT!

Hypodermic_89
08-02-2005, 05:27 AM
It's funny that Kevin hasn't replied to any of your comments. :) i think he's scared

neocon58
08-02-2005, 05:28 AM
hahaha, hilarious. I love it when they post a song to try get their message across.

darko
08-02-2005, 05:29 AM
must think the offspring and only the offspring are going to read this.....cant have heard of the warped tour.....

Marit
08-02-2005, 08:42 AM
What I don't get is he says he's been a fan for 7 years and he liked them up until Americana... Wasn't that released 7 years ago? :confused:

I think he ment that he likes the CDs up until Americana (meaning from S/T to Americana), not that he liked The Offspring until they released Americana.

platinumpt
08-02-2005, 08:46 AM
I think it's not meant to take this guy seriously... he just posted once and then left... he must be some sort of idiot or whatsoever...

IdleOffspring
08-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Damn what a stupid fuck, why does he come here just to say that, he is not a fan or ex fan, he is just a moron.

Just so fucking pointless, If you don't like a band just don't listen to it or go to there website. Some people really need to get a life.

And they can't make everybody happy, every song or cd has people who love it or hate it, there is just no song or cd that will be loved by everybody. I know already if they make a best of album there will be people complaining that some songs are not on it.

anyway just let this topic die, I hate it when people are so negative.

Idiot
08-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Who gives a flying fuck ?

Hypodermic_89
08-02-2005, 02:07 PM
"flying fuck"? cool :)

TRUSTpunk
08-02-2005, 03:19 PM
People like you saying that The Offspring is sell outs , rather would listen to
the shitty music such as Britney Spears lol. Maybe you can go turn on your
TV and get a nice pillow and watch the Back Street Boys lol. :D

The Offspring did not change , Dexters voice did not change and neither
have Noodles or the rest of the band , they will always be The Offspring.

The Only thing thats changed is Atom being the new drummer.

Amazed
08-02-2005, 04:25 PM
People like you saying that The Offspring is sell outs , rather would listen to
the shitty music such as Britney Spears lol. Maybe you can go turn on your
TV and get a nice pillow and watch the Back Street Boys lol. :D

The Offspring did not change , Dexters voice did not change and neither
have Noodles or the rest of the band , they will always be The Offspring.

The Only thing thats changed is Atom being the new drummer.

damn good reply :cool:

Turbonegro
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
What the fuck is wrong with selling out? I'd sell out, you'd sell out, we'd ALL sell out. Don't try to deny it, because you know for a fact you would do it. There's nothing wrong with being a sell out. Anyone with a functioning brain would make money off being in a popular band, unless they're seriously THAT punk rock. And I feel sorry for anyone that stupid.

anyway just let this topic die, I hate it when people are so negative.
oops.

SMASH0390
08-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey,

Best of with 1 new song.

Hardsell - Old Glory

Greets,

die............

Aannj
08-03-2005, 06:41 AM

haha well said

btw kev, offspring and emo shouldnt even be said in the same sentence! lol youre very confused

chilldude85
04-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey,

Best of with 1 new song.

Hardsell - Old Glory

Greets,

I don't think I understand. So they chose a different record company when they made the Americana CD, but still kept their lyrics about real life, kept their fast beats. It seems to me that all they did was change the company that hit the "record" button for them. The song "The Kids aren't alright" talks about suicide and some guy who OD'd. The song "Why don't you get a job?" is fucking hilarious. The song "She's got issues reminds me of my psycho bitch ex. I don't see what's really that different. Maybe I have a different definition of selling out but it doesn't seem like they really sold out to me.

Lord Phidias
04-13-2012, 04:05 PM
A lot of people came out of the shadows... O_o

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-13-2012, 04:34 PM
First of all, the greatest hits comp was NOT a best of. Rather, it was a greatest hits comp. If you're not together enough to comprehend the difference, then I suppose it's no wonder you made a post like this.
I'm not together enough to comprehend the difference. Is it just that a greatest hits comp is a compilation of their most successful songs (which may or may not be their most well written songs), and a "best of" album is a compilation of their most well written songs (which may not be their most successful ones)? I apologize for my ignorance

Wow. Your very first post is a reply to an incredibly old thread. That's cool that you'd take your time to do that research before saying anything. When I joined, I just read the current threads.

BagOfShenanigans
04-14-2012, 08:45 AM
This forum sure loves necro bumping...

Dexter_italy
04-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I just read the first post.... that kevin can kiss my ass and everyone's still passionate about the band. don't like? don't listen.

Shullski
04-14-2012, 04:03 PM
As much as I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, anyone that dismisses ANY band as sellouts because their music evolves over their lives has no music knowledge. Much less was ever a "true fan"

Music is art. If you keep re-releasing the same sounding stuff year-after-year...thats not art. Its complete and utter garbage that lacks creativity and meaning.

Shullski
04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
And also, people, stop saying they havent changed. They have..just like every band has. If you really think they sound the same as they did in Ignition and Smash than you need your ears checked. But I love their new stuff just the same !

offsrx
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm not gonna tell this guy why he is wrong - somebody or something will tell him some day and he'll realize all by himself - why is he wrong. I'm just gonna tell everyone another fact that I've realized these days.. Offspring are really, truly a DIAMOND GEM in music, and in this crazy world, don't you guys think? There are NO guys, and peoples that are cooler than Dexter, Noodles, Greg and whatever drummer they take (similar persons go great with each other), and there is NO music that can go in their path, or follow their lead. Everybody likes "rocking hard", screaming, HM, kicking asses, glam, speed of punk rock, grunge, alternative etc. but nobody actually rocks like Offspring do, right? They got the melodic, the speed, the slow, the alternative, the sensitive, the emotion, distinct vocals, solos, riffs etc. in so much original way, that I (and some of you) can relate on a very personal, and intimate level or - THATS THE BAND I ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE/TO LISTEN/ TO ADORE/ TO FOLLOW/ TO LOOK UP TO! I'm kinda sad, because once Offspring stop making new music, there will probably be no band that can do similar music like they do.. So we should very much cherish and nurture every diamond gem of their music, and - enjoy it! Also, maybe I don't agree with everyone of you here about some things, but - I really like and appreciate each and everyone of you for listening and supporting the best band in the whole world ever - THE OFFSPRING!
Cheers

Little_Miss_1565
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm not together enough to comprehend the difference. Is it just that a greatest hits comp is a compilation of their most successful songs (which may or may not be their most well written songs), and a "best of" album is a compilation of their most well written songs (which may not be their most successful ones)?

Yep, that's it exactly.

Also, people....this thread is mad old. Years old, in fact.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Yep, that's it exactly.

Yes!
10Characters

markbnlv
04-19-2012, 03:23 AM
You are responding to a 7 year old fcking post from i guy that has not posted since,this board is fucking lame./

Gregmau5
04-19-2012, 05:20 AM
You are responding to a 7 year old fcking post from i guy that has not posted since,this board is fucking lame./

Um, did you notice that the guy who bumped it also hasn't posted since? And as for being 'fucking lame' that is bullshit. I think this is pretty awesome community. After all, we accept pedos, ragequitters (ChrisDude) and all sorts of misfits. So yeah, get out of here...or something.

TheJakes84
04-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I hate this thread. >:|

Degstur Lolland
04-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Dexter is not a trendy asshole so I don't believe they sold out. :d

TheJakes84
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Don't you understimate the extremely shit that The Offspring can do so fuck you. @ KevinNL

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
What?..........

TheOldMark
04-29-2012, 01:05 PM
this sums it all up

http://i47.tinypic.com/prst0.jpg

Jojan
04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
I think that we are losing this fight, sponsored by Bud Light.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Hey,

Thank you for your input.. run along now...

Tijs
04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Thank you for your input.. run along now...I guess he kind of did that.. almost 7 years ago since he posted that.

My Name Was Taken
04-30-2012, 09:22 AM
They didn't make their style more mainstream in order to appease the masses. They're changing their style according to what they like. They're getting older and slowing down a bit. They’ve decided to be a bit more serious. I welcome the change. It's inspirational.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 09:35 AM
They’ve decided to be a bit more serious. I welcome the change. It's inspirational.

Yes... Cruising California is so serious that the joker could be pissed off!.........Why so serious?!:D

manux
04-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Lol of course they changed their style to sell more albums.

I see nothing wrong in doing it, they have all the right to search for more public and they did.

They did "pretty fly" to sell more, they did "hit that" to sell more, they changed to columbia records to get more audience and they change from their punk rock until 1997 to pop punk as they have been doing since then.

Again, nothing wrong with it but ofc they changed their style to reach the masses, as someone says here clean your ears if you can't notice it.