PDA

View Full Version : Changing Usernames

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-01-2005, 03:38 PM
What if you start thinking your username is LAME?

Great Idea: What if, when we get to ...i don't know...let's say 5,000 post, you could (If you want) change your username?? Wouldn't that be cool? Since, i think i want to shorten my UserName to "Nimrod".

coke_a_holic
08-01-2005, 03:54 PM
5,000 is a little high of a post count for people who don't spam/say useless things a lot, I think that we should be able to email admin about a username change. Or something similar, that way it wouldn't be abused. I want to change mine as well, but I probably won't until the next board is made.

Endymion
08-01-2005, 04:02 PM
just register the name you want if you want a new one.

HisHolinessSatan
08-01-2005, 04:04 PM
5,000 is a little high of a post count for people who don't spam/say useless things a lot, I think that we should be able to email admin about a username change. Or something similar, that way it wouldn't be abused. I want to change mine as well, but I probably won't until the next board is made.

You should have to be a Senior member though.

0r4ng3
08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
just register the name you want if you want a new one.
I tried that once, but there was a problem with my e-mail address.

coke_a_holic
08-01-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't feel like making a new one, this one will work for now. Like I said, I'll wait for when they switch the forums again.

Tizzalicious
08-02-2005, 01:13 AM
We had that option once, on the old boards, all it did was cause a lot of confusion.

administrator_old
08-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Nimrod In Town']What if you start thinking your username is LAME?

Great Idea: What if, when we get to ...i don't know...let's say 5,000 post, you could (If you want) change your username?? Wouldn't that be cool? Since, i think i want to shorten my UserName to "Nimrod".

If you are interested in changing your username please ask the administrator and we may be able to help.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-10-2005, 08:37 AM
If you are interested in changing your username please ask the administrator and we may be able to help.

Thanks .

Are you really the admin?!

Tizzalicious
08-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Yes, he's the admin.

JoY
08-10-2005, 02:42 PM
We had that option once, on the old boards, all it did was cause a lot of confusion.
exactly. it was fuckingly frustrating. let's just stick with our names & we'll all be fine. like your screenname actually matters. (lolz, in the end...) I mean, my screenname is fucking JoY.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes, he's the admin.

Oh! He replied to my thread!11

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-11-2005, 08:06 AM
I think a good idea would be every 6 months, or every year or something, there's a short window where names can be changed, like 3 days or something. And if anyone does change their name, it should be made compulsory that their old name is in their sig, or something.

I personally wouldn't want to, my name's synonymous with moi now.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-11-2005, 09:12 AM
I think a good idea would be every 6 months, or every year or something, there's a short window where names can be changed, like 3 days or something. And if anyone does change their name, it should be made compulsory that their old name is in their sig, or something.

Yeah, i want to change mines...

Tizzalicious
08-11-2005, 11:32 AM

It would defintely have to be in their sig. I hated the name changes on the old board. I was still confused half a year later.

ashtray_girl_1
08-11-2005, 05:25 PM
we defenetly should be able to change our user names
i mean ashtray girl 1 iritetes me to the bone :mad:

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Or you COULD just register a new account. It's only a post count, jeez.

And only 334 posts in the case of ashtray girl here.

Rag Doll
08-11-2005, 08:51 PM
That is so hot, TTIG.

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2005, 08:53 PM
I think Moderators should be given the power to change people's usernames for them since the Admins aren't around much. It would provide quicker service.

However, we should only be given that power if it is understood that we would not abuse it, and any changing of someone's username without permission would result in IMMEDIATE loss of mod privileges AND probably a banning. I think that the punishment would fit the crime that way.

It'd be too confusing either way though.

JoY
08-12-2005, 06:01 AM
people, people... just take one look at my username & then realise it really doesn't fucking matter what your screenname is. I remember that when I changed it, people would still call me JoY.

it's just something people can call you, can address you with. it changes -nothing- about the posts you make & the points you make. if you're a crappy poster now, a new username won't change -anything- about that.

Kerr
08-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Look, just register a new account, the post count doesn't matter in the slightest. I changed mine and I like my new username. It's not hard. Some other members e.g. billiejoe87 have done it too.

Kerr
08-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Well, I hate your username.
I wouldn't care if anyone hated it anyway, but you're WAY too insignificant for me to care that you you do.

0r4ng3
08-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Who did BJ87 change to? I need to update my ignore list.He changed to billiejoe87 from his/her old username. Your ignore list is safe.