PDA

View Full Version : Download 2006?

Blink182
08-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know if Offspring will be playing at the next Download Festival in June 2006, not the new US version the UK one?

princess
08-02-2005, 05:24 AM
i doubt it. download acts tend to be much heavier than the offspring, it's a metal festival. offspring are a lot more likely to play reading again. that's what i'm hoping for anyway :)

Call it an Obsession
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
so does anyone know yet?

nameless
02-13-2006, 03:36 PM
i doubt it. download acts tend to be much heavier than the offspring, it's a metal festival. offspring are a lot more likely to play reading again. that's what i'm hoping for anyway :)

they did have feeder headlining last year so they may get more less "metal" bands on the line up! i cant see them playing it though!

Call it an Obsession
02-14-2006, 04:42 AM
A liittle list:

Saturday 10 June
Metallica - confirmed
The Prodigy - confirmed
Bullet For My Valentine - confirmed
Trivium - confirmed
36 Crazyfists - rumour
Bleeding Through - strong rumour
Clutch - to be confirmed
Deftones - to be confirmed
In Flames - strong rumour
KoRn - rumour
Pitchshifter - strong rumour
Reel Big Fish - rumour
The Offspring - rumour
Throwdown - rumour
Tool - rumour

DICKON
02-14-2006, 06:43 AM
they should play at reading because they havn't done that for a couple of years. all depends on the new album. they mite do a world tour of it.

H1T_That
02-14-2006, 07:03 AM
A liittle list:

Saturday 10 June
Metallica - confirmed
The Prodigy - confirmed
Bullet For My Valentine - confirmed
Trivium - confirmed
36 Crazyfists - rumour
Bleeding Through - strong rumour
Clutch - to be confirmed
Deftones - to be confirmed
In Flames - strong rumour
KoRn - rumour
Pitchshifter - strong rumour
Reel Big Fish - rumour
The Offspring - rumour
Throwdown - rumour
Tool - rumour

says who??

platinumpt
02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I doubt they play summer festivals. Dexter wrote they'd probably stay at home working on the new album... which is good! But it also sucks because we have a great summer festival in PORTUGAL in June, called Rock In Rio, and they won't be here :(

-=xanathos=-
02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
A liittle list:
Tool - rumour

They have been rumoured for more festivals in europe, so it's more likely to be true...

Call it an Obsession
02-14-2006, 03:13 PM
well since i've thought about it i don't actually think they are going to go to the download this year :( but just in case someone like Dexter just so happens to look at this:
PLEASE!!!! YOU GOTTA COME!!! IT WILL BE AMAZING and yours truly will be waiting for you all ;)

nameless
02-14-2006, 03:37 PM
they should play at reading because they havn't done that for a couple of years. all depends on the new album. they mite do a world tour of it.

they played the year before last! not that i would complain if they played again this year!

newfield
02-15-2006, 08:16 AM
hey there , i need some backup from some danish people, hey should play at the roskilde festival, www.roskildefestival.com last they played there i was 10 so that i coulden go se them ,,, they ned to come back..... they are allmost forgotten i danmark, peolpe think that they has stop making musik..... we need to do something. so come to roskilde......PLEASE......other danish people back me op.....

MENTAL_BASSIST
02-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Just to clear this up. Offspring AREN'T too 'soft rock' to be playing Download 2006, seen as last year Feeder headlined the Friday, and Offspring are heavier, more popular and MUCH BETTER than Feeder. So i rekon Offspring could be playing Download 2006. And if they're not....Dexter better keep his windows and doors locked :p only jokin....but you still better play!!

Cheers,
MENTAL_BASSIST

Call it an Obsession
03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
i've changed my mind... DON'T go to download 2006 just stay home and focus on the new album ;)

H1T_That
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
considering feeder headlined last year, and bowling for soup played, i'd say offspring are very much in the running to play.

so far all of the other bands that were rumoured to play download have, such as tool, who are now headlining the festival on friday night....the offspring are seeming likley to play to me.

which im glad about as i have a ticket for download